Match Thread Coventry City - West Bromwich Albion U21 Match Thread - Tuesday 7th Nov (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Coventry City - West Bromwich Albion U21 match, tactics and predictions :)

Nick

Administrator
He will stick out a weakened side, I want to win every game we play in but will be happy with giving the fringe players a run out.

2-1 win.

Different back 4 with only possible players the same Maycock / Biamou.

Sbarcher

No..... full strength for me. Looking forward to another sunny day down at Wembley!

chiefdave

To go through we need Shrewsbury, who are already through, to beat Walsall at home and we have to beat West Brom, who are already out, at home.

That's the only scenario isn't it?

bawtryneal

Play the fringe players and rest Doyle,Grimmer, Kelly ( prob injured anyway), JJ and McDonald.
Don't care about Checkatrade this season.
Good FA cup run and promotion. End of !!!

oucho

I almost decided to go to this one, combining it with the Supply Chain & Logistics Summit 2017 which is being staged at the Exhibition Hall during the day - my company has a stand so this could have been a truly scintillating double header of "business and pleasure". Instead I decided to take a more fun option and sit around watching paint dry instead.

Otis

Can't see him playing full strength after yesterday and with a league game on Saturday.
Yep. Would be gobsmacked if Robins went for full strength. Much bigger game on Saturday in the league.

skybluegod

Yeah he said after the game the players from yesterday would struggle To play tomorrow so I expect it will be:
LOB
Dion-Hyam-Willis-Stokes
———Stevenson-Maycock
Devon——beavon—Vincenti
—————Biamou

Something along those lines

Nick

Administrator
Yeah he said after the game the players from yesterday would struggle To play tomorrow so I expect it will be:
LOB
Dion-Hyam-Willis-Stokes
———Stevenson-Maycock
Devon——beavon—Vincenti
—————Biamou

Something along those lines

I'd say that's as good as the team we played in most of the Checkatrade games last year anyway.

Sky Blue Harry H

Be a bit surprised if we top 1,000 for this one.

If we get back to Wembley, though, 40,000 will claim 'I was there'

itsabuzzard

To go through we need Shrewsbury, who are already through, to beat Walsall at home and we have to beat West Brom, who are already out, at home.

That's the only scenario isn't it?
Eminently do-able. Take a leaf out of Otis' and Ferguson's Beard's book and let's carry the boys back to Wembley on a tsunami of optimism.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

johnwillomagic

Hmm I think we do need to give some game time to others in squad anyhow think team below should have enough to win.

O'Brien GK
DKE RB
Stokes LB
Davies CB
Hyam CB
Stevenson CM
Maycock CM
Vincenti RM
Haynes LM
Biamou ST
Beavon ST

Subs: Burge, Willis, Grimmer, Doyle, DKE, Duck, McNulty

skybluegod

Hmm I think we do need to give some game time to others in squad anyhow think team below should have enough to win.

O'Brien GK
DKE RB
Stokes LB
Davies CB
Hyam CB
Stevenson CM
Maycock CM
Vincenti RM
Haynes LM
Biamou ST
Beavon ST

Subs: Burge, Willis, Grimmer, Doyle, DKE, Duck, McNulty

Davies is cup tied, it will be Willis in the team, and doubt Haynes will start after playing 90 mins on Sunday

stupot07

Yeah he's a Kidderminster, played on Saturday.

a5cfe54c9496a77d03eced23b6caa580.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

speedie87

Raining and freezing :( going to need to get the thermals out

You really do the feel the cold don't you nick, half your posts on the weekend were about the cold!

No such thing as bad weather just inappropriate clothing!

coop

Fair play to people who are going tonight. Hopefully a decent game with the fringe players getting a good run out.

Nick

Administrator
I might have free choice of parking tonight, and seats at the Ricoh.

Might be like a private show.

giphy.gif

Nick

Administrator
How Sky Blues Can Qualify:

Coventry Win/Walsall Lose: If the Sky Blues win and Walsall lose to Shrewsbury Town, then Mark Robins side will qualify for the knockout stages.

Coventry Win/Walsall Draw: If Walsall were to draw tonight and Coventry were to win, then City will need the following to happen.

1) If Walsall vs Shrewsbury is a goaless draw and Shrewsbury win the penalty shoot-out, then Coventry will need to win by a three goal margin.

2) If Walsall vs Shrewsbury is a score draw and Shrewsbury win the penalty shoot-out, then Coventry will need to win and score three more goals than Walsall do tonight.

Coventry Draw/Walsall Lose: If Coventry were to draw tonight, then they would need to win the penalty shoot-out and Walsall would need to lose and then the Sky Blues would need the following to happen.

1) If Coventry draw 0-0 against West Brom U21s and win the penalty shoot-out, then Shrewsbury would need to beat Walsall by four goals.

2) If Coventry are in a score draw against West Brom U21s and win the penalty shoot-out, then Shrewsbury would need to beat Walsall by three goals.

Nick

Administrator
If somebody can just post "as it stands we are out" or update every so often, it's a bit complicated to remember!

Users who are viewing this thread