Coventry parkrun (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

Every Saturday morning at 9am. Just down from the cenotaph in the war memorial park. Really great family atmosphere for all standards of fitness

Come along

Rich

I've been doing this lately, it's great fun and not too difficult being only 5k.

Monners

Used to do the Northampton one until my knee gave up the ghost. Good fun and you get timed too, so something to train for. About 250 -300 there each week, and you can always travel to other Park run sites. Hopefully will give a go again soon

ajsccfc

I keep meaning to get back into training as I stopped completely after the Two Castles and then had to walk half the Fun Run the other week as I got shinsplints.

Rich

I keep meaning to get back into training as I stopped completely after the Two Castles and then had to walk half the Fun Run the other week as I got shinsplints.
I got some trainers from decathlon specifically to help with my shin splints. Made a world of difference.

ajsccfc

I'm normally fine, I think it was just an absolute lack of preparation. Between June and the Fun Run I literally went on one run, a few days before.

Rich

25.07. so a big improvement on 26.36 the week before and only 30 seconds off my pb from 2012. I was pacing myself to 25minutes using an app on the phone, but it froze after 2miles. So a bit gutted to be over 25.

I see from the results Sam left you behind a bit at the end.

J

Jack Griffin

Do you do 2 circuits? I reckon it is about 1km from the start to the furthest point on Coat of Arms bridge Rd as the crow flies.
covpar10.jpg

Rich

I've emailed them about it. It's definitely over 3.1 miles. My 5k time was 30 seconds less than parkrun.

Rich

It's not going to stop the world from spinning or anything, but it is an unfair comparison if it's over 5k.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Im doing the half marathon again in February
did it last time in 2hours 8 minutes
Really enjoy running sone lovely routes round corley

LastGarrison

Done the Parkrun a couple of times and it is a really great, well organised event considering it is free!

Would recommend it to anyone who has never really ran before or looking for something to do on a Saturday morning.

I'm doing the Peoples Run to Remember on Sunday at Kingsbury Water Park which is another 5k.

Sky Blue Pete

Pete, the course distance is accurate. I'm afraid your GPS reading is out. Reply from one of the parkrun group on Facebook. Think she may not understand how gps works

jimmyhillsfanclub

They've measured the course and it will be accurate.

....its also likely that your gps is accurate too and you've just deviated by about 100m in total from the exact line of route over the entire 5 k course.

Rich

Looking on Strava everyone who's ran it has run further than 5k. I think it would be difficult for everyone to manage that. They need to check the start and end position really.

duffer

So, start at 9:00am... then run 5km. At my usual pace, I should just about be done before dark, though the days are getting shorter.

I'll give it a go. :)

Rich

A guy from work walked it the other day. 42minutes a woman from another branch ran it 46minutes. Not sure how that works but it's true.

Rich

I wasn't there today Pete. Legs don't feel quite right. Seeing as it's been such a long break between doing it again I thought I'd best give it a week off. I'll be there for Halloween run though.

Nick

Administrator
A guy from work walked it the other day. 42minutes a woman from another branch ran it 46minutes. Not sure how that works but it's true.

46 minutes for 5km and running? Maybe she was running on the spot for 20 of them!

Users who are viewing this thread