Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (2 Viewers)

Kneeza

Rearranged for the 24th Feb

Well annoyingly they have a large number of Newcastle players on dual Reg (loan) who've been recalled by Newcastle for an A team (reserve team) game on Monday.
One potential good thing - DMP have to travel all the way to Plymouth the Saturday before (Feb 17), so will hopefully get a reet good softening up in readiness for Cov.

Kneeza

Definitely a penalty try there. Trimble was through and clear when le Roux tackled high. The ref was near enough to see it clearly. The camera wasn't.
Incidentally, Trimble has come on leaps and bounds this season, showing the capability to step his way through instead of relying on his footballing skills which almost always made him go for the chip and chase so often last term. Really impressed.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Definitely a penalty try there. Trimble was through and clear when le Roux tackled high. The ref was near enough to see it clearly. The camera wasn't.
Incidentally, Trimble has come on leaps and bounds this season, showing the capability to step his way through instead of relying on his footballing skills which almost always made him go for the chip and chase so often last term. Really impressed.

Trimble's gas really is on par with Dan Rundles which was something else!

So much love for the whole squad! All characters that bring something else to the team & game.

Special special team!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Used to delight in Dans runs up the wing.
Such a smashing guy and a real blow with that injury.
Had a look and see he's at Stourbridge nowadays.

His pace was bonkers!

That freak injury did for him and I think Winter was concerned by his defensive game, I'm sure he set a club or league record for tries at Stourbridge in consecutive games!

Houdi

An outstanding first half performance by Cov,the second half was a bit dis jointed,but to be fair the game was effectively over at half time.Fantastic to see so many Cov supporters there, difficult to judge the exact number,but it had to be over a 1000 fans who travelled over. Considering the home crowds are about 1400/1500 that is truly awesome support.
Another game ticked off,as we edge ever nearer the title and promotion.

Kneeza

An outstanding first half performance by Cov,the second half was a bit dis jointed,but to be fair the game was effectively over at half time.Fantastic to see so many Cov supporters there, difficult to judge the exact number,but it had to be over a 1000 fans who travelled over. Considering the home crowds are about 1400/1500 that is truly awesome support.
Another game ticked off,as we edge ever nearer the title and promotion.
Current average is approaching 1800, and will be much closer to 2000 by season's end, I'm sure.

Dan Rundle was very, very fast, and used his speed to compensate for his defensive frailties (covering back to overtake many an opponent on their way to the whitewash). However, it wasn't enough to sustain a career in League One on its own. He was great to watch in sevens though!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Looking forward to Saturdays game v Saracens....sorry Old Albanians. Who could have possibly a dozen Saracens players playing for them!

Interesting quote from RW ahead of preparations for next season,

“We’re planning for next season and we’re hoping that’s going to be in the Championship,” said Winter.

“There’s an element of difficulty in recruiting and retaining players when you don’t know what league you’re going to be in.

“At the moment we have about 18 players signed on for next season, at least four or five more will be retained in the next month, and we are down the line with five or six more new recruits who will add to our squad and bring a different level of quality.”

5/6 new players lined up already! You'd imagine at min Championship quality!!

fernandopartridge

PS, this part of the article is exactly where CCFC need to get to as well. Never mind that we were in the top flight once:

Trying to think big and be competitive on the field is difficult enough under any circumstances but it’s nigh on impossible if the club are in turmoil and meltdown. It’s taken a good while but they have finally steadied the ship, lowered expectations and concentrated on rebuilding slowly again, a process that has involved a certain amount of humble pie consumption.

Ashdown

I am not a rugby fan but had to say as a Coventrian it's nice to read about one of our teams being on the up
Really good article that ! The fans need to get behind them though, part with some cash and back up the management. It's a good time to attract genuine sporting types with a bit of moral fibre too, what with two sets of hedge fund cuckoos in the town !

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Interesting side tomorrow-
From the Usual starting 15- front 3 not starting (young academy lad makes first start at prop), 2 of back row not starting.
White back at scrum half after an injury lay off, fly half Maisey benched, Sam T left out the squad.

Still looks very strong just hope not too much change!

Kneeza

There's a lot of good news in that article. Luc won't let them down, and Daynes never does. It'll also be interesting to see Narra coaching from a different perspective (from the sidelines) too.

Ashdown

Interesting side tomorrow-
From the Usual starting 15- front 3 not starting (young academy lad makes first start at prop), 2 of back row not starting.
White back at scrum half after an injury lay off, fly half Maisey benched, Sam T left out the squad.

Still looks very strong just hope not too much change!
Maybe we are trying to lure them into a false sense of security ? I hope we are strong enough if as you indicate they may have a load of Saracen players coming in ?!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Saracens Academy players. And I would bet no more than five TBH

There was 11 in the game at their place they had 4 last game it's anyone's guess, their team still hasn't been announced.

At least the Cov bench still has big guns on it.
I think 12 months ago the starting side tomorrow you'd be more than happy with but knowing the depth we have it is 'weaker' and the fact it was only a 2 point win at their place albeit Cov were jelling early on, just makes me slightly nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread