Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (2 Viewers)

no_loyalty

Great news they are playing W***s.

Have Coventry RFC got enough financial clout behind them to mount another promotion push next season?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Great news they are playing W***s.

Have Coventry RFC got enough financial clout behind them to mount another promotion push next season?

I don’t know the ins and out but would imagine staying up is the priority and if you offered 8th place they’d snapnyour hands off.

London Irish coming down will be faves to go back up and Ealing have done amazing in 2nd in the Champ but Bristol were always going to win it with their financial clout.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Good deals on next season's STs.
I'll be renewing mine before the end of May!
Season Tickets – Coventry Rugby

Saw this earlier interesting they’re splitting standing & seating, how will they police that?

Also mentions 3 cup games B&I cup now disbanded are they doing the just the 12 Champ team 3 league split top and best 2nd place into semi?

Finally looking at the prices per game at early bird and then the 25% increase, I’d guess tickets will be around £20 on the gate next season? Maybe more for seating?

wingy

Saw this earlier interesting they’re splitting standing & seating, how will they police that?

Also mentions 3 cup games B&I cup now disbanded are they doing the just the 12 Champ team 3 league split top and best 2nd place into semi?

Finally looking at the prices per game at early bird and then the 25% increase, I’d guess tickets will be around £20 on the gate next season? Maybe more for seating?
Didn't look initially much different to me but I think you're about right with that .

Kneeza

Policing the split is one of my concerns, I must admit. Last time they did it it was a nightmare. Hopefully they've learned a lesson.
No idea on matchday tix yet.
Interestingly, my seat will cost me a tenner less than last season, so I'm not complaining (even if it's for fewer games).
The 'cup' thing is not clear yet, but believed to be just a Championship Cup, so pretty disappointing.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Policing the split is one of my concerns, I must admit. Last time they did it it was a nightmare. Hopefully they've learned a lesson.
No idea on matchday tix yet.
Interestingly, my seat will cost me a tenner less than last season, so I'm not complaining (even if it's for fewer games).
The 'cup' thing is not clear yet, but believed to be just a Championship Cup, so pretty disappointing.

Did it happen previously when the move to the BPA was made?

I guess you’d have the access to the inside area at either end and not allow non seated ticket holders pitchside access (barriers across and steward either end?)as it is currently, then inside the corridor there is a door that can access out to the stand I guess you’d either lock that or have a steward there.

You’d hope any cup comp wouldn’t be same price as league but I guess it will be.

Can’t blame the club for the increases and like anything increase naturally makes people negative so it’ll be interesting to see the reaction.

I wouldn’t want to pay more than £20 on the gate.

oldfiver

Article Font Size: A A A
Come and help us celebrate!
Posted on 2nd April 2018 by John Wilkinson

COME and join the party!

Saturday, April 28 will be a day of celebrations at Butts Park Arena as champions Coventry Rugby complete their title-winning National League One campaign against Hull Ionians.

The fun will begin at 12.30pm with on-pitch activities for pupils from the schools across the city and Warwickshire that have been a part of the club’s successful Community Programme in this momentous season.

The city’s six-metre high Lady Godiva will be paying us a visit, and there will be ongoing activities in the Family Fun Zone for the children (bouncy castles, obstacle courses, etc) with refreshments and bars available for everyone through the day, and music.

The occasion will also mark a handover of the City Of Culture mantle from Hull (2017) to Coventry (2021) with the Lord Mayors of both cities in attendance.

And then, of course, after the game (kick-off 3pm) has finished there will be the presentation of the National League One champions’ trophy to Coventry Rugby and a chance to applaud the efforts of all the players, coaches and back-up staff across a fantastic season.

The attendance record for National League One stands at 3,648 (Jersey v Rosslyn Park, 2012)…..wouldn’t it be great if you could help us beat that figure and put the name of Coventry Rugby truly up in lights.

Wear your colours and let’s turn Cov Blue & White!

Tickets are £15, concessions £11, under-16s free with full-paying adult. Early booking is advisable – call the ticket hotline on 02776 231001.

Hull-poster-724x1024.jpg

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

1st signing being announced 1pm tomorrow, I guess it’ll be confirmation of prop Charlie Beech who’s been all out confirmed for the past month, plenty of Prem and Championship experience.

Kneeza

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

That would be my guess too, but you never know. Fairly open secret though.

It’ll be interesting to see who else. I guess 6-8 incoming?

Another prop (x2),2nd row, flanker, 8, scrum half, centre, full back?

(That’s without thinking of what we’ve got at the min)

Also any idea if Waita Setu will be staying next season /fit having missed the whole season he was the one I thought when signed would have a massive impact!

Kneeza

I'd be very surprised if we bring in fewer than two props, but they are a very expensive commodity when properly matured, so maybe Beech (? If indeed it is he) as a TH/LH will be our only 'luxury'. I would think maybe a mid-ranger with some potential would be a target, but they tried that last time with Litchfield, and it really didn't work out.
We're well off for locks, with four first-picks, plus a decent Dev prospect, so doubt that's a big requirement.
The back row is another thing entirely. With Daynes gone, and Narra, (and Latu to an extent) with the best will in the world, on borrowed playing time, that's definitely an area that'll be strengthened.
Outside backs? Almost certainly (and someone to cover 15 too).
With Matoto off, and Sam not wanting to play too many minutes, I'd expect to see a couple of midfielders.
So, for me, that's about it - unless Kessell somehow becomes available at a pittance.
I'm probably completely askew though, and can't wait to see the first unveiling a lunchtime.

Kneeza

Oh, and Setu? Absolutely no clue, but I will say he did himself no favours during his rehab period. I'll say no more though.

Kneeza

And there we have it with the first announcement to be of two props. Both sound like useful acquisitions. One LH/TH and one LH I believe, although he's not someone i've come across before. Fairly young, as I thought likely, and started his career not a million miles from here - but via a very unusual route.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I'd be very surprised if we bring in fewer than two props, but they are a very expensive commodity when properly matured, so maybe Beech (? If indeed it is he) as a TH/LH will be our only 'luxury'. I would think maybe a mid-ranger with some potential would be a target, but they tried that last time with Litchfield, and it really didn't work out.
We're well off for locks, with four first-picks, plus a decent Dev prospect, so doubt that's a big requirement.
The back row is another thing entirely. With Daynes gone, and Narra, (and Latu to an extent) with the best will in the world, on borrowed playing time, that's definitely an area that'll be strengthened.
Outside backs? Almost certainly (and someone to cover 15 too).
With Matoto off, and Sam not wanting to play too many minutes, I'd expect to see a couple of midfielders.
So, for me, that's about it - unless Kessell somehow becomes available at a pittance.
I'm probably completely askew though, and can't wait to see the first unveiling a lunchtime.
Yep the resurgence of Jubb is a welcome bonus so you’re right it’s not a priority for recruitment. Dacres & Oram are one of my favourite positional partnerships of recent years.
Is Latu expected to be here next year I hope so!

Ashdown

Looking forward to welcoming the Champions at home today. For those not going to Nottm, this is surely the place to be today.

Kneeza

Yes, it was pretty dire today - but winning ugly is a thing, eh? Jon Sharp was muttering darkly.

BTW, the plans for Hull have changed. The front car park will now be open (and accessible as normal via The Butts), and the marquee etc etc will now be situated at the Railway End and the west side of the ground. Much more sensible. Also, the multi-storey to the ground side of the Tech College frontage will be available to supporters (along with the Ramada Hotel parking as reported elsewhere).

First rendition of the new ground developments seen today too. Looking good. Haven't got a copy as yet though, and couldn't publish anyway, although word is that they could well find their way onto Facebook etc quite soon. Originally they were going to be displayed at the Hull game, but I think they're getting excited!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yes, it was pretty dire today - but winning ugly is a thing, eh? Jon Sharp was muttering darkly.

BTW, the plans for Hull have changed. The front car park will now be open (and accessible as normal via The Butts), and the marquee etc etc will now be situated at the Railway End and the west side of the ground. Much more sensible. Also, the multi-storey to the ground side of the Tech College frontage will be available to supporters (along with the Ramada Hotel parking as reported elsewhere).

First rendition of the new ground developments seen today too. Looking good. Haven't got a copy as yet though, and couldn't publish anyway, although word is that they could well find their way onto Facebook etc quite soon. Originally they were going to be displayed at the Hull game, but I think they're getting excited!

Can you expand on the plans as funnily enough we spent most the game discussing how things would be going forward.

Ashdown

Still good today, didn't feel like our best without one or two absentees but made a closer game of it. Great to see we can still roll over the likes of R Park in 2nd gear. Crowd at 2080 wasn't bad either considering the volume of sports fans City took to Nottm plus there was a fair crowd queuing round the Sky dome for some event or another?

Kneeza

Can you expand on the plans as funnily enough we spent most the game discussing how things would be going forward.
Jon was saying nowt (just an inscrutable smile).
However, from the look of the card he held up (not very big. A4 ish) it appeared like two stands on the Butts Road end and the Broomfield side (only part of each depicted). Both were 'stacked' against taller buildings which appear to be apartments or similar. They (stands) both have roofs, cantilevered off the buildings.
The end stand would appear to have around the same amount of rows as the existing East stand (ie 15, but that's very def. an 'ish' figure, and with hospitality built into the 'apartment' building, which I would assume to also house commercial premises fronting on the Butts Road.
The side stand appears similar, but lower, (maybe the same height as the East Stand) and also backed by buildings in similar fashion. It might be covered standing, but that also might just be wishful thinking on my part.
I emphasise that this is all based on a quick study of what JS held up for a minute or so, so expect some inaccuracies, but that's whatt it appeared to be.
It did also say, in big letters 'Our Ambitions, Our Aspirations' or similar - so God knows how long it may take to realise!

Kneeza

Someone has leaked the ground pic on Twitter now, so no doubt you'll see it soon enough.

Users who are viewing this thread