Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (2 Viewers)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Ish.
Hopeful of one or two more becoming available before too long.

What annoys me most is that this is the kind of forward thinking ambition that the RFU and PRL are likely to suffocate with their protectionist, top-table/England-only policies.

Such a shame/farce to ring fence, surely it’ll happen though?
Any idea what the capacity will be once the renovations are complete? 8k ish?

Just reading this months e-letter-
Good to see the recruitment is nearly done interested to see which names are next, any clues given on Saturday?

Kneeza

No clues on capacity (but 9 to 10000 tops feels about right given current capacity. If the Railway End is eventually developed I would think 12/13 thousand, but much depends on how much is standing. If the whole of the west side is terracing, then it could be up to 18000, but 15 more likely given the need for commercial development.
All Jon would do re. player recruitment was smile and wink. I'm happy to wait.

Norman Binns

According Cov Rugby twitter, 3 more signings to be announced this week, one with international experience. Exciting times ahead.

Kneeza

3 potentially from Donny then.

Are they all starters this season for them?
Two of the mentioned lads are fairly regular (not ever-present, but over half) and one has played in about a quarter of the games. I don't know if injuries/unavailability (army for at least one of them I believe) have any bearing.
Still, may be barking up completely the wrong tree names-wise!

Kneeza

I note that one of them played for the Army against the RAF last night (as did Nat Titchard-jones and Ravai Fakati. All started, loosehead, centre and wing).

Kneeza

Ram's stats were well out of date it seems. Apparently he's played in pretty much all of Donny's games since his return in November, if I read it right. Good omen going forward.
Three decent signings anyway, and answers a question about cover at full back.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Would probably need some more financial backing then.

I would love it if they were competing against Wasps.

I suppose if it does happen Cov can always try and become kings of the Championship, which will indeed discover its own big hitters over time.

Exactly, to be honest the plans that Kneeza posted about to build the ground up don’t strike me as the clubs long term ambition is only Championship.

Hate the whole concept of ringfencing

Say wasps spend a decade finishing bottom of the Premiership & Cov finish top of the Championship 10 years in a row hardly fair/ any benefit to anyone that it keeps going.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Blimey some injury list Cov have ahead of tomorrow.
Few youngsters on the bench.

I must say play like they did last week at Anpthill tomorrow it’ll more than likely bring defeat number 2.

Fingers crossed RW has got into them this week!

Ashdown

Blimey some injury list Cov have ahead of tomorrow.
Few youngsters on the bench.

I must say play like they did last week at Anpthill tomorrow it’ll more than likely bring defeat number 2.

Fingers crossed RW has got into them this week!
It doesn't matter that much now , blood a few, rest a few, we are Champions !

Kneeza

Refereed out of the game to a certain extent. He was absolutely determined to give Ampthill every possible chance, and succeeded.
Add to that the number of injuries to the squad before the start, and adding in more during the game (and approaching 30 minutes when we were down to 14 and 13 men) I don't think the eventual scoreline was unpredictable.
Being without the likes of Nilsen, Tolmie, Makaafi, Tuitupou, Trimble, Matoto, Poole, Titchard-jones, Brazier and Narraway is likely to short-change any side. You could build a winning team around that lot, nae bother.
Still. Champs eh? Build big now.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Refereed out of the game to a certain extent. He was absolutely determined to give Ampthill every possible chance, and succeeded.
Add to that the number of injuries to the squad before the start, and adding in more during the game (and approaching 30 minutes when we were down to 14 and 13 men) I don't think the eventual scoreline was unpredictable.
Being without the likes of Nilsen, Tolmie, Makaafi, Tuitupou, Trimble, Matoto, Poole, Titchard-jones, Brazier and Narraway is likely to short-change any side. You could build a winning team around that lot, nae bother.
Still. Champs eh? Build big now.

Are the refs in N1 & the Championship the same? The fella last week was a joke very dramatic & took up half the game , he’d definitely invited the family round on the Sunday to watch the dvd of ‘him’!

Shame today I wouldn’t be surprised to see the home record go next week tbh, not being dramatic but injuries Tolmie today? I think DMP will play out their skins to set the result up their right!

Any standouts today for Cov?

Kneeza

Add Jeannot to the list of wounded. Forgot he was out too.
But best just move on really.

EDIT: Oh, and Olly Povoas too. How did I forget one of this season's most improved players (IMO)?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread