Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Looked more like a forearm smash, the other bloke went down a bit too easy.

wingy

Dah!!
Tbought it was this weekend and was really Looking forward to it.
Would have been my first visit in four games as currently going tbrough miserly mode
Week after it is then.
Ruck and Mual totally focused on CRFC next Week with Jonathan Sharpe in the studio.

Kneeza

Welcome to the Official Site of the Rugby Football Union, Governing English Rugby

Can't really complain about the 4 week ban for this!
This was from the Cambridge game a few weeks ago, very silly considering Cov were well ahead at the time and their player doesn't seem to do anything wrong at all!
Only just spotted this thread.
I saw the video of the incident as soon as it was published, and if you look closely, their No.18 (from memory) goes into Tuitupu with his shoulder (no attempt to make a legal tackle; a yellow card offence if the ref had been sighted) to the face as Sammy is clearing the prone Camb body while on the charge. Sam then cuffs him one (which 'sir' does see), and of course Dirty Darren just had to go in for one too afterwards (it wouldn't be Darren Fox if he didn't).
No argument; Sam deserves his four-week holiday, but it's not as open and closed as it appears.

Kneeza

And having now viewed your RFU link, the vid is not available on it as far as I can see (?). IIRC it was viewable on the NCA Rugby site. Need to check though.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Only just spotted this thread.
I saw the video of the incident as soon as it was published, and if you look closely, their No.18 (from memory) goes into Tuitupu with his shoulder (no attempt to make a legal tackle; a yellow card offence if the ref had been sighted) to the face as Sammy is clearing the prone Camb body while on the charge. Sam then cuffs him one (which 'sir' does see), and of course Dirty Darren just had to go in for one too afterwards (it wouldn't be Darren Fox if he didn't).
No argument; Sam deserves his four-week holiday, but it's not as open and closed as it appears.
Cambridge use Fox as a bit of an 'enforcer' don't they heard he has a rep for mixing it up!

Kneeza

Cambridge use Fox as a bit of an 'enforcer' don't they heard he has a rep for mixing it up!
Foxy is a very good player who has slowed with age (don't we all). He always had a rep as being a bit 'tasty', but it seems his lack of MPH had made him a bit flakier than he was, and was very obviously sent on to disrupt Cov.
And it worked.

Norman Binns

If anyone is going up to Moseley on 23rd December, discounted tickets at £12 can be ordered at a table in the Arena Bar before the Plymouth game this Saturday. You can email [email protected] for details or below are the details in the email reply that I received.
  • I will be seated at a table in the Arena Bar before the game on Saturday 25th (against Plymouth Albion) for the specific purpose of taking orders for match tickets and for coach seats the Moseley game. Ground admission tickets will cost £12.00 each for Adults and Concessions instead of £15.00. Students and Under 16's are FOC.
  • I appreciate that you have already sent an email to the Supporters' Club email address to order tickets, and this is why I am sending you this email. I would appreciate it if you would come to see me at the table to confirm your order - we need to keep our records as clear and correct as possible.
  • Payment in cash at the point of order is essential because we have to pay Moseley up front when we order the tickets, so I will be expecting to take cash from you. I realise that some of you have already paid by BACS, or intend to do so, but I would appreciate you confirming to me, again so that I can keep our records clear and correct.
  • I will close the sales opportunity at 14.45 hours promptly. You will appreciate that I need to clear away and to get to my seat in order to watch the game!
  • The tickets will be ordered from Moseley on Monday (27th) and a bank transfer will be carried out. This is to meet the deadline of 30th November imposed by Moseley who will then have the discounted tickets printed and sent to me.
  • The ordered tickets will be available for collection in person at our stand in the Arena Bar before the game against Ampthill on 9th December.

Ashdown

If anyone is going up to Moseley on 23rd December, discounted tickets at £12 can be ordered at a table in the Arena Bar before the Plymouth game this Saturday. You can email [email protected] for details or below are the details in the email reply that I received.
  • I will be seated at a table in the Arena Bar before the game on Saturday 25th (against Plymouth Albion) for the specific purpose of taking orders for match tickets and for coach seats the Moseley game. Ground admission tickets will cost £12.00 each for Adults and Concessions instead of £15.00. Students and Under 16's are FOC.
  • I appreciate that you have already sent an email to the Supporters' Club email address to order tickets, and this is why I am sending you this email. I would appreciate it if you would come to see me at the table to confirm your order - we need to keep our records as clear and correct as possible.
  • Payment in cash at the point of order is essential because we have to pay Moseley up front when we order the tickets, so I will be expecting to take cash from you. I realise that some of you have already paid by BACS, or intend to do so, but I would appreciate you confirming to me, again so that I can keep our records clear and correct.
  • I will close the sales opportunity at 14.45 hours promptly. You will appreciate that I need to clear away and to get to my seat in order to watch the game!
  • The tickets will be ordered from Moseley on Monday (27th) and a bank transfer will be carried out. This is to meet the deadline of 30th November imposed by Moseley who will then have the discounted tickets printed and sent to me.
  • The ordered tickets will be available for collection in person at our stand in the Arena Bar before the game against Ampthill on 9th December.
How much is the coach , leaves from the BPA I guess and at what time ?

Norman Binns

£10 for adult non CRSC members Ashdown. Leaves from the BPA yes but time not given yet. Like last year, I'll be getting the train early into Brum for a few sherbets beforehand.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Gutted to be missing Moseley as I'm in the big smoke everyone I know seems to be going!

Looking forward to Saturday, I'm not liking the overnight temperature dropping to freezing Friday night and staying very low Saturday morning hopefully it doesn't put the game in any doubt!

Ashdown

Huge game tomorrow for Cov looking at the table ! Really looking forward to it ! I think we should get the game on, it's going to be chilly but hopefully not frozen ! Just need a win and a big crowd is surely deserved for this team !

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Huge game tomorrow for Cov looking at the table ! Really looking forward to it ! I think we should get the game on, it's going to be chilly but hopefully not frozen ! Just need a win and a big crowd is surely deserved for this team !

Massively, Plymouth will bring a few hundred hopefully be over the 2k mark!

Concerned about the very low overnight temps and max temp of 5 during the day!

wingy

First one in a while for me and was Looking forward to doing Rosslyn Park too, alas I'm seeing Gorrilaz in Brum on the Saturday Night. Anyone developed a time portal gizzmo yet?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

COVENTRY: 15 James Stokes, 14 Rob Knox, 13 Tony Fenner, 12 Anthony Matoto, 11 Max Trimble, 10 Will Maisey, 9 Tom Kessell, 1 Jimmy Litchfield, 2 Scott Tolmie, 3 Phil Boulton (captain), 4 Nile Dacres, 5 George Oram, 6 Latu Makaafi, 7 Jack Preece, 8 Luke Narraway.

Replacements: 16 Phil Nilsen, 17 Nathanael Titchard-jones, 18 Brett Daynes, 19 Tom Emery, 20 Ben Palmer

Strong looking 20 considering the injuries and suspensions!

The development game that was due to be played pre the 1st team game has been moved to Broadstreet.

Ashdown

First one in a while for me and was Looking forward to doing Rosslyn Park too, alas I'm seeing Gorrilaz in Brum on the Saturday Night. Anyone developed a time portal gizzmo yet?
Doubt they will come on till a bit later anyway mate !

Ashdown

Just read Tim's latest blog and Jon Sharp has confirmed the rumoured ringfencing of the championship won't be happening this year, makes top spot all that more important as the ringfencing would have meant 2 up from N1 & no relegation from championship and going forward no relegation back into N1.

Jon Sharp and Rowland Winter on the BBC – radio really is the sound salvation
Great piece that is !! Better get my ass out of the pub earlier then if they are expecting 2,500 !!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Blinking excited for this one! The 2 best sides on paper in the division, start of a massive month, do I think Cov will get through the next 5 fixtures undefeated, No but 25 points on offer a return of 19 i would take right now!

Ashdown

A Few excellent beers in a friendly local Cov pub, A ground albeit a bit ramshackle but pretty busy with 2065 passionate fans and buzzing, a team who have brawn and guile and heart and pride in the shirt and have now won 12 out of 12. A clubhouse that the players attend afterwards and you can get a few more decent beers in a glass whilst watching a real quality band play for your entertainment for over an hour or so........... Great day !!!! C'mon Cov !

Otis

A Few excellent beers in a friendly local Cov pub, A ground albeit a bit ramshackle but pretty busy with 2065 passionate fans and buzzing, a team who have brawn and guile and heart and pride in the shirt and have now won 12 out of 12. A clubhouse that the players attend afterwards and you can get a few more decent beers in a glass whilst watching a real quality band play for your entertainment for over an hour or so........... Great day !!!! C'mon Cov !
How they doing financially, you know?

Any idea what their break even figure is? Guessing it is a lot less than 2,000.

Ashdown

its all relative to ambition and plans but they are giving it a go this year for promotion. They need everyone's help but this a proper Cov team and they are making us proud !

Otis

its all relative to ambition and plans but they are giving it a go this year for promotion. They need everyone's help but this a proper Cov team and they are making us proud !
Like the answer of a politician!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Or 20 wins out of 20!

Clubs still a long way from being complete!

I was in the bar area at 2 o'clock & they couldn't cope with the 'crowd' (took 20 minutes to be served)

On the pitch odd game cov dominated first 20, Plymouth 2nd 20, 15-14 fair at ht

Cov came flying out the blocks 2nd half blew them away got the BP and last 20 Cov played in 2nd gear and Plymouth ran out of steam and ideas!

Ashdown

New staff do need a bit of training for sure. I still managed to get a bit squiffy though and loved the day again ! So refreshing to see a Cov side actually on the up !!

Houdi

Great and enjoyable game,and although I really enjoyed Lincoln away last week we certainly don't miss the Ricoh experience,and from fans are saying most home games this season have been of similar quality.Even first half with Plymouth coming back strongly nearer half time, a strong start after the break saw the points and bonus point wrapped up.
We have built up a healthy lead now, and if we can keep our focus and stay clear of an injury crisis, we look good enough to maintain our lead at the top. These are exciting times for Cov Rugby, and we have enjoyed every single home game.this season.Moseley away looks set to be a Christmas cracker, I can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread