Coventry RFC Thread 18/19 (1 Viewer)

Kneeza

I got into the club bar at just after two, and turned round and came straight back out again. I sometimes yearn for the days when you could get served in five minutes. Still, the game made up for it.

wingy

Well conservatively I reckon I've seen up to 50ish games at the Butts now and only around 5 have been losses.
Not a bad ratio.
Regards investment I hear a figure of £1.5M but don't know over what duration.
Got in quite easily at circa 2-30 pm and the bar at the entrance was instant service along with the real ale bar on the opposite side, although finding a pint of Purity Gold was a challenge.
It was a great game and afternoon as per usual, have made some great friends down there.
Lastly was a little dissapointed to find you can No longer take your pint or go for a smoke outside the front of the Clubhouse, apparently do to the retirement appartments.

Kneeza

Well conservatively I reckon I've seen up to 50ish games at the Butts now and only around 5 have been losses.
Not a bad ratio.
Got in quite easily at circa 2-30 pm and the bar at the entrance was instant service along with the real ale bar on the opposite side, although finding a pint of Purity Gold was a challenge.
It was a great game and afternoon as per usual, have made some great friends down there.
Lastly was a little dissapointed to find you can No longer take your pint or go for a smoke outside the front of the Clubhouse, apparently do to the retirement appartments.
Have to agree on the beer question. Ubu doesn't do it for me. Gold is much more to my taste.

Otis

Not a bad ratio.
Major £1.5m plans for Coventry Rugby could start as early as next year

Ashdown

Reckon they will press the button if we get promoted and sponsorship deals are quickly upgraded and revalued in our favour ! I noticed that Bristol who are top of the Championship got around 7000 at Ashton Gate on Saturday, like us mind you they are unbeaten and top !

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Reckon they will press the button if we get promoted and sponsorship deals are quickly upgraded and revalued in our favour ! I noticed that Bristol who are top of the Championship got around 7000 at Ashton Gate on Saturday, like us mind you they are unbeaten and top !

Cov 4th highest attendance this season outside the Prem.

Decent considering whole division between.

Kneeza

Word is that Rowland Winter is already well into recruiting next season's squad, and targetting Championship-standard players as a minimum.
So, we either get promoted and can - hopefully - compete at that level, or we have a very strong squad in NL1.
In either case, it should be fun.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Read Tim's blog from the other nights fans forum, the club have all bases covered, plans for the future, definitely going places just hope there is plenty of money to cover it all!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Rosslyn park away tomorrow 3G pitch bit of a bogey ground and team for Cov over the years, think there was a heavy defeat their last season.

RP really struggling in 12th usually a side over past few years that's competed at the top end, not too sure why they've fallen away so dramatically!

The advantage of 3G will help RP but you'd think this is a 5 pointer especially with Cov facing the 2nd & 3rd over the following weeks.

Plus side 2nd v 3rd this weekend as Ampthill travel to fortress DMP so somebody(a low scoring draw be perfect) dropping points this weekend!

Norman Binns

Late change of plan and I'll be driving down to Rosslyn Park tomorrow. If anyone wants a lift PM me.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Late change of plan and I'll be driving down to Rosslyn Park tomorrow. If anyone wants a lift PM me.

Enjoy, I'd had this pencilled in since the fixtures were released to visit my mate who's from Cov and now lives down that way! Unfortunately his missus arranged a surprise weekend away that he only found out about 2 weeks ago so no longer going.

Think Cov by 20 and BP wrapped up by the hour

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Just checked the Cov team, a couple rested yet the 20 looks so so strong, thought 4/5 would be rested this week with the next 2 games being the 2 sides below us.

I reckon the development team could finish mid table in N1! The strength and depth of the squad is scary!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

DMP scored a last minute try v Ampthill to win 19-15 so 4 points DMP 1 Amp
So without taking any points from Covs game into account DMP 7 behind Ampthill 12

Cov hang on at the end of the half to go in 14-13 up
But captain Narraway sin binned after 38 mins so 8 mins at the start of the 2nd half down to 14 men.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

13-43 ft

12 clear of DMP who Cov play away in 2 weeks (DMP unbeaten at home this season and I think for a while)

17 clear of Ampthill who Cov play at the BPA next Saturday.

Plymouth with a BP win today so leapfrog above Ampthill into 3rd.

no_loyalty

There is a chance I might be going on Saturday, a friend of the family is in the band doing the post match entertainment

Users who are viewing this thread