Coventry to Warwick Traffic Question (1 Viewer)

soffo26

Afternoon all, I'm not a Coventry fan but come in peace with a question that I thought some of you may be kind enough to answer for me.

I've recently been offered a job in Tachbrook Park in Warwick, which I'm told is about twelve miles south of Coventry. I'm not too familiar with the area but will be relocating to it soon. As housing options in the area go, it seems that Coventry itself is a fair bit cheaper than Warwick or Leamington which appeals to me, but I'm worried that the rush hour traffic could make the daily commute a nightmare. I know the university generates a lot of traffic, but would that tend to be going in the opposite direction to me, IE Warwick to Cov in the morning and Cov to Warwick at night? Can anyone who regularly commutes from Coventry to Warwick shed some light on how long it might take at busy times or offer any other advice?

Many thanks

Grendel

I have been to a fair few meetings at tachbrook park and find traffic congestion awful. The problem coming from the A46 is that there is no good route in. Warwick town is snarled up and the drive through Leamington or down to the main island no better . It takes about an hour on average - I used to hate morning meetings there .

soffo26

Thanks Grendel. Doesn't sound too promising. Would you say the A46 generally runs freely and the problems come on getting close to Warwick or are there routinely issues all the way?

Otis

I've been to Tachbrook Park, but not at rush hour.

You have 3 lanes on the A46, but I would guess queues start to build at the exits.

A couple of weeks ago I had to go on the A34 past Oxford. When I hit Cowley the traffic came to an absolute standstill and it took me an hour to get past. A massive queue in the left lane looking to turn left to the BMW plant at Cowley.

If Grendel is correct, I am guessing you will probably have the same thing on the A46 at the exits unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread