Coventry's best players? (1 Viewer)

Caballero1707

Hi guys,

I'm doing some research and was wondering if you can help. What would you say is the manager's first choice XI when everyone is fit? And which are the most important players?

Cheers!

John

Hey there,

I can't say for sure, but I can have a go- I guess my own opinions come into this as well.

Playing a 4-4-2

GK: Westwood​

LB: van Aanholt CB: Turner CB: Wright RB: Cranie​

LM: McIndoe CM: Gunnarsson CM: Clingan RM: Bell​

CF: Clinton CF: Best​

At left-back, you've got Marcus Hall and Chris Hussey also competing for the position, at centre back, Elliott Ward always stakes a claim, as well as James McPake. Coleman's also used Jordan Clarke at right back recently.​

Meanwhile in midfield, Jack Cork can easily slot into central midfield or on the right if desperately needed. Sometimes, Eastwood fits in on the right as well, as well as competing for a striker's role.​

All in all, not a bad little team.​

I'd say that Kieren, Aron and Leon are the three assets we really don't want to lose in the January transfer window, whilst Clinton is a workhorse and when Sammy's fit, he holds the midfield together perfectly.

EDIT: Also forgot, Isaac Osbourne's been used in midfield a lot in recent games- in the centre.​

Last edited:

pete212

Clingan has to be a definite.
So too Leon Best...but for how much longer!
Wright has good experience, but the rest are pretty much shite from what i could tell vs Derby

Nick

Administrator
I think we miss Clingan badly, he seems to break play down and does what Doyle used to do but with the threat of going forward a bit more than Doyle used to.

I think at the minute he is showing to be a great signing with how much we miss him.

Users who are viewing this thread