Video Crewe Highlights (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Crewe 1-2 Coventry

Great run for the second and the first is how we need to be giving JCH the ball.

Looks like O'Brien made a couple of good saves, unlucky the ball went straight to them to tap in though :(

wingy

I actually like Haynes but his attempts at stopping that cross were utterly embarrassing
That's true and he was guilty of showing the guy inside for an earlier chance but the room for the guy to play wide to Haynes man was pretty awful too. .
Ryan just isn't a physical player Is he.
I don't think they can teach it ,has to come naturally.

Bristol sky blue

We need a new left back next season whatever division we're in...

Stokes just doesn't seem to be the same after his injury and Haynes is a liability anywhere near our own box. He can perform as many Cruyff turns as he wants, he is still a shit defender. Always has been, always will be. The occasional bit of fancy footwork and one decent cross every four games or so doesn't make up for his poor defensive play. If I was an opposition manager I would target attacks down our left side if Haynes is in the team...

ps1948

Nick, not sure if/what I'm doing wrong, but the link takes me to the correct page and I'm able to see the tiresome adverts, but it doesn't then show the match highlights.
Any suggestions (apart from taking out a Sky subscription)?

Sky Blue Harry H

That break by Kelly at the end - if he'd have rolled it sideways, it was a gimme for McNulty (although Kelly did really well when he came on, to be fair)

pastythegreat

We need a new left back next season whatever division we're in...

Stokes just doesn't seem to be the same after his injury and Haynes is a liability anywhere near our own box. He can perform as many Cruyff turns as he wants, he is still a shit defender. Always has been, always will be. The occasional bit of fancy footwork and one decent cross every four games or so doesn't make up for his poor defensive play. If I was an opposition manager I would target attacks down our left side if Haynes is in the team...
I think he puts up more of a fight to stop the cross than in the previous frame for what Grimmer does! Watch the save directly before the goal, cross in from trimmers side who is easily faked with a dropped shoulder then half heartedly puts out a let. Haynes leading up to the goal shadowed 3 faked crosses and eventually leaves the winger on his arse!
*and then to boot, it was grimmers man who casually heads home the rebound stood in acres of space!

Esoterica

I think he puts up more of a fight to stop the cross than in the previous frame for what Grimmer does! Watch the save directly before the goal, cross in from trimmers side who is easily faked with a dropped shoulder then half heartedly puts out a let. Haynes leading up to the goal shadowed 3 faked crosses and eventually leaves the winger on his arse!
*and then to boot, it was grimmers man who casually heads home the rebound stood in acres of space!
It's Grimmer's big weakness. He offers plenty going forward and has been a real asset this season but the cutting out crosses aspect of his game would get seriously exposed at higher levels without improvement.

junglej13

In fairness to Grimmer he took a bad kick first half and looked like he was struggling with it afterwards. I notice Stokes was warming up at half time so I think they had doubts Grimmer would last the 2nd half.

Sky Blue Harry H

In fairness to Grimmer he took a bad kick first half and looked like he was struggling with it afterwards. I notice Stokes was warming up at half time so I think they had doubts Grimmer would last the 2nd half.

Agree - I wasn't sure he was going to run it off - we don't need any more injuries at the back, and could do with some recovering asap....... thinking about it - Carl Baker - right back cover! Just putting it out there!

Otis

Poor defending by both Grimmer and Haynes there.

We need to try harder in stopping crosses coming in from the wings.

wingy

Poor defending by both Grimmer and Haynes there.

We need to try harder in stopping crosses coming in from the wings.
And the guy waltzing tbrough the midfield before putting it out right to Haynes man .

steve82

I thought Paul Green had a good game for Crewe, and Jordan Bowery too.

Id put them players on the list who have impressed me in the oppositions team this season

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Otis

How was our first goal adjudged OG? The criteria has taken an odd turn over the last few seasons.
I believe there is a new law coming in where any hand or fingertip to any ball by a keeper as shot flies in past them will now be deemed as an own goal.

D

Deleted member 4439

Ray's deflection may have misfooted the keeper slightly but certainty looks on target.

Users who are viewing this thread