crimes against football (1 Viewer)

Sub

TTU Awards 2012-13: Crimes against Football By The Two Unfortunates on June 5, 2013 in the Category Uncategorized with No comments Tagged with Blackburn, Cardiff, Coventry, Rotherham, Watford Print This Post Image available under Creative Commons (c) joncandy In a less competitive year, that podgy tosser Steve Evans and his nasty-piece-of-work sidekick Paul Raynor might have had this category sewn up, so tiresome is their relentless abuse of officials. Similarly, Richard Scudamore and the Premier League would have been worthy winners, their blackmail tactics having once again divided the Football League’s clubs over the issue of parachute and solidarity payments.

Elsewhere, surely no one would wish Sisu on even their staunchest of rivals and Blackburn’s attitude towards managerial stability as well as Watford’s exploitation of the loan system justifies scorn in equal measure.

But, this year, how can we look beyond the sizeable portion of Cardiff fans who so submissively embraced red, with some even going so far as to castigate those who had the temerity to criticise? An owner deciding to change the club colours for commercial gain is, unfortunately, not a huge surprise these days, but the subsequent eagerness of so many supporters to sell their club’s soul and identity in exchange for Premier League status surely represents a new low and the fact that some are now kicking up a fuss over the shade of red in the new kit is beyond parody. Shame on them.

2011-12 winner: EPPP Sympathisers
2010-11 winner: MK Dons
2009-10 winner: R. Scudamore

Last edited:

Pusb1

so SISU are up against owners from that list... 2 of which delivered promotion.... one a playoff final... and one (Blackburn)... who may have terrible owners... but at least they appear to invest in the team! (8 million for Jordan Rhodes!)... we must win... surely?

ccfcrob

so SISU are up against owners from that list... 2 of which delivered promotion.... one a playoff final... and one (Blackburn)... who may have terrible owners... but at least they appear to invest in the team! (8 million for Jordan Rhodes!)... we must win... surely?

It would be the 1st thing we've won in a while

Mucca Mad Boys

I have to say, I think I'd rather have SISU than the Venky's, it's pretty close, but the Venky's have more money than sense, their managerial appointments have been poor, at least with SISU, we appointed managers with t least half a track record, I only knew Berg as a manager because of FM! Appleton, don't get me started on him. I think Blackburn will be in L1 soon.

ajsccfc

Blackburn's owners seem far more seedy and suspect than ours, reading that Mail article. We've just got stingy and inept to put up with in comparison.

ajsccfc

Friendly neighbourhood investors!

Do Venky's actually run restaurants incidentally? That awful ad with David Dunn having his dinner stolen made it look like they do.

Noggin

Blackburn's owners seem far more seedy and suspect than ours, reading that Mail article. We've just got stingy and inept to put up with in comparison.

our owners are not just stingy and inept they are evil lying schemers.

Noggin

I have to say, I think I'd rather have SISU than the Venky's, it's pretty close, but the Venky's have more money than sense, their managerial appointments have been poor, at least with SISU, we appointed managers with t least half a track record, I only knew Berg as a manager because of FM! Appleton, don't get me started on him. I think Blackburn will be in L1 soon.

appoint a decent manager, scare him off after a few months because he can see the club is about to go to shit, then put the club into administration, then move them to wallsall, or nutty appointments of a new manager every few months. Give me the venkys, I doubt they will soon be in league one, but they will still have a club, we're heading to league 2 and oblivion if sisu are actually going to move us far out the city for years.

ajsccfc

'Nutty appointments of a new manager every few months' is probably best left out of a pro-Venky argument.

Noggin

For them to be classed as 'evil' the word would have to be seriously downgraded.

they happily crush people and companies, they have no morals, they lie, cheat and mislead, it's evil as far as i'm concerned, that's not to say there isn't much greater levels of evil in the world because of cause there is, much much greater.

But I'm happy to comprise on stingy, inept, morally bankrupt, scheming liers but there is no way just stingy and inept covers it.

ajsccfc

It's a free-for-all really, whatever adjective you think applies. I like 'contemptuous' at the moment.

Noggin

'Nutty appointments of a new manager every few months' is probably best left out of a pro-Venky argument.

whose pro venky? I'm saying that nutty appoints of a new manager every few months doesn't in any way compare with sisus current actions they have clearly been planning for the last couple of years.

I'd prefer to have my wallet stolen and be punched in the face over being raped and murdered but that isn't a pro mugger arguement, ludicrous statement.

ajsccfc

Some reasons SISU are terrible (including one Venkys do worse than anyone in recent years) followed by 'Give me the venkys'. That was your post.

Noggin

Some reasons SISU are terrible (including one Venkys do worse than anyone in recent years) followed by 'Give me the venkys'. That was your post.

yes I was responding to someone saying they prefer to have sisu over the venkys, in a situation where thats the choice give me the venkys, thats not a pro venky argument. You are looking at my post out of context if you aren't reading what I quoted.

ajsccfc

I understand that you're going for a lesser of two evils thing rather than 'I love Venky's', but the point stands - their managerial hiring/firing process makes ours look like a masterclass in recruitment and HR.

Mucca Mad Boys

appoint a decent manager, scare him off after a few months because he can see the club is about to go to shit, then put the club into administration, then move them to wallsall, or nutty appointments of a new manager every few months. Give me the venkys, I doubt they will soon be in league one, but they will still have a club, we're heading to league 2 and oblivion if sisu are actually going to move us far out the city for years.

Talk about scaremongering.

Noggin

I understand that you're going for a lesser of two evils thing rather than 'I love Venky's', but the point stands - their managerial hiring/firing process makes ours look like a masterclass in recruitment and HR.

sure but there is no benefit in hiring a good manager if you can't keep them for 6 months because of your other actions and then get the points the good manager earns taken off him, prevent the good manager from buying new players and building a squad with constant embargos, have no where for the good managers team to play and put the club into administration after threatening liquidation. The venkys are terrible owners but at least to this point their crimes against football don't compete with sisus.

That said if you compare sisus first 18 months with the venkys, the venkys have gotten off to a terrible start quicker, so it is possible they will end up just as bad.

Noggin

Talk about scaremongering.

seriously, half of its already happened, the next bit has been outright promised by our owners and the final bit is the logical conclusion of 3 to 5 years with the lowest playing budget in the league due to ffp calculations and a tiny crowd, no corporate, little advertising income.

How on earth are we going to compete in 2015 if our average crowd is 3k next season ? you surely can't possibly think our 20 "home games" in another city will get a greater attendance that our current away average do you? on what would you base that? Or are you just assuming that SISU who you have supported against all common sense over the last few months are outright lieing and expect to play at the ricoh? if that is the case then what I said likely won't happen.

Last edited:

Noggin

Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't ACL due to put the club in admin 24 hours later?

yes because they had threatened liquidation and had spent the last year trying to distress acl despite the fact that fisher never posturers he does business in good faith always. You know this

stupot07

yes because they had threatened liquidation and had spent the last year trying to distress acl despite the fact that fisher never posturers he does business in good faith always. You know this

And ACL were potentially in on the distressing.

Users who are viewing this thread