Cristiano Ronaldo overhead kick (1 Viewer)

Gazolba

Pretty good goal:

pastythegreat

I suppose when you think about it, a high foot is only a high foot if you kick somebody in the head! Supposedly as long as you don't kick anybody in the head while overhead kicking you should be fine.

This isn't true laws, just my take on it.
Genuine question, why is an overhead kick not classed as a high foot!?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

But yet you see a raised boot with no contact given as a foul, an overhead kick someone is trying to connect with a lot of force and often the opposition player pulls their head out the way to avoid it being kicked.

Aesthetically they look brilliant but just think they’re more ‘dangerous’ than a lot of things that go ungiven.

Nick

Administrator
It's hyped up because of who he is.

As seen with Biamou's goal, it will go under the radar when somebody does the same sort of thing in League 2.

ccfchoi87

But yet you see a raised boot with no contact given as a foul, an overhead kick someone is trying to connect with a lot of force and often the opposition player pulls their head out the way to avoid it being kicked.

Aesthetically they look brilliant but just think they’re more ‘dangerous’ than a lot of things that go ungiven.

The defender behind would have headed it clear had Ronaldos foot not been so high

Gazolba

I think Ibrahimovic's goal against England was better for it's skill and sheer audacity.

Users who are viewing this thread