Crowds to decline next year? (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Already talk here and there from people saying they won't renew season tickets for next season after the astonishing decline since Christmas.

What are people's thoughts? Will crowds drop?

hill83

My dad won't be going next year so as things stand that leaves me going up on my own. There was about 10 of us a couple of years ago.

malkitccfc

i'd still have a season ticket if we got relegated 10 years on the bounce. Something to do on Saturdays for me

stupot07

I expect crowds to be in the 8-11k region again next year, that's pretty much been our at the Ricoh since we were relegated, give or take 2-3 decent fixtures a season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

SkyBlue_Bear83

Already talk here and there from people saying they won't renew season tickets for next season after the astonishing decline since Christmas.

What are people's thoughts? Will crowds drop?
Depends on two things
1)Price
2)How we are doing in the league, if we win the first 4 matches of next season I suspect those who were in two minds will be swayed to get one.

If the pricing structure stays the same I expect about 10k with it creeping towards the 13-15k again if we are pushing in the top 4.

skybluetony176

Who knows. I'll just keep doing what I do every season. Go to all the midweek games and as many weekend games as other time constraints allow.

Is the consumer credit license (or whatever it is that allows us to offer season tickets in instalments is) in place ahead of next season? That may well help with season ticket sales. Seems like we've been waiting for the approval of that to come through for the same period of time we've been waiting for the plans for the new stadium.

Ashdown

I look for value now with my disposable. Did 18 matches this season, many of them for the first few months were good value, many since December were dreadful. I'll buy tickets as and when and if I think we are competing. For 25 years I would go to most games regardless but not now, not with these owners.

Nick

Administrator
Who knows. I'll just keep doing what I do every season. Go to all the midweek games and as many weekend games as other time constraints allow.

Is the consumer credit license (or whatever it is that allows us to offer season tickets in instalments is) in place ahead of next season? That may well help with season ticket sales. Seems like we've been waiting for the approval of that to come through for the same period of time we've been waiting for the plans for the new stadium.

I think they have said they have the licence now.

Grendel

I think they have said they have the licence now.

They should ensure a reasonable APR is put on it this time.

Grendel

Yeah pointless if it's silly interest

No I meant make it not that attractive. Last time it was interest free which was just stupid.

torchomatic

It depends what the offer is,people wouldn't use it with high interest
I think it will definitely be LOW interest if you know what I mean.

We're gonna renew. We always do and always will.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Gazolba

I can't see many people ordering season tickets early but I'm sure Mowbray will assemble a team for next season with a few intriguing signings that will tempt some reluctant supporters to pony up. I would expect sales to drop off from this season though.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think some key permanent signings and general transfer activity will be key. If Mowbray does good business in the summer...

Grendel

I'll be getting mine when they eventually get there act together.
Just hoping the delay is to get the card system up and running again.

No you will just be getting yours.

ceetee

I thought the delay was not knowing the price structure because of the chance of promotion

Terry Gibson's perm

I will get one but will not do it until the end of the early bird, normally do it on the last day but will do it online for ease.

Sky Blue Harry H

I'm renewing. I'm guessing the 6 ticket batches may be popular (if they do them again) with people jumping to buy a half season ticket if we are doing well (what I did this season). Will do at least the same but may well go the whole hog next season. Like others, I thing the perceived quality of signings will help influence some, but early season results will be key.

Paxman II

I think it will be pretty much the same as this season. Once the long summer is over we will all be begging for the season to start. New optimism based on what we did first half of this season and the expectancy that we would have learnt from that will drive the early crowds expecting a repeat performance at least with the hope we can this time maintain it. If we do then 20k is on the cards in the closing month or two.
Fail to do well in the first half of the new season and we will see apathy return and 8 or 9k at best and a dreary campaign. Don't think that will happen though. TM will genuinely be reaching for promotion or he wouldn't be here.

NorthernWisdom

We were dire last season, so chances are how crowds go will depend on our start... much as this season, in fact.

They might have made a rod for their own backs, mind you, in offering cheap season tickets this season. Makes it so much harder to increase them to a par with peers.

rupert_bear

I think the way this season has gone will impact on gates perhaps more than you think. After years of nothing but decline aspirations were raised in the early season and just before Xmas we were looking good for promotion and almost certain for a to doc slot, what happened the last 3 months or more is unbelievable and the would be messiah Tony Mowbray's neglect in rectifying things unacceptable really. Fans patience with all things at the club manager, sisu, player situation is Waring very thin now. Not helped I hate to say by the success down the M69 to nearest rivals Leicester a club similar to us going in opposite directions

rupert_bear

I think the way this season has gone will impact on gates perhaps more than you think. After years of nothing but decline aspirations were raised in the early season and just before Xmas we were looking good for promotion and almost certain for a top 6 slot, what happened the last 3 months or more is unbelievable and the would be messiah Tony Mowbray's neglect in rectifying things unacceptable really. Fans patience with all things at the club manager, sisu, player situation is Waring very thin now. Not helped I hate to say by the success down the M69 to nearest rivals Leicester a club similar to us going in opposite directions

Users who are viewing this thread