Defoe to Bournemouth (1 Viewer)

ccfctommy

Talksport are saying Defoe has a two year contract with an option of a third and he will be on roughly £100,000 a week. Crazy. They will have to sell one of Afobe or Wilson.

Terry Gibson's perm

Good on Bournemouth as this is why the tv companies pay all the cash not for teams like Burnley who say look how little we spend, the money is there to spend on players not directors and ground development.

pastythegreat

http://www.sportbible.com/football/...-premier-league-club-20170523?c=1495546060505

This'll be a great signing for them, and fantastic for young Callum Wilson.

I think the last couple of seasons have shown that age doesn't stop you from scoring goals.
Do you really think this will be a good move from Wilson perspective?
I wouldn't be surprised if he may see the door now with Defoe coming in and given his track record with injury.
It'd be a shame because he has soooo much potential and really knows where the goal is but don't think he's managed to complete a full season since he went pro.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Covstu

Do you really think this will be a good move from Wilson perspective?
I wouldn't be surprised if he may see the door now with Defoe coming in and given his track record with injury.
It'd be a shame because he has soooo much potential and really knows where the goal is but don't think he's managed to complete a full season since he went pro.

I would agree I think he may leave. Wilson isn't a 19 year old kid anymore, he needs to be playing as many games as possible. Good signing for Brighton maybe?

Gint11

For a start, Bournemouths owner is rich so they don't need to sell anyone. Although I'd have loved Wilson to stay with us, I think it's proved letting him go was the right 'business' move. He is massively injury prone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pastythegreat

I would agree I think he may leave. Wilson isn't a 19 year old kid anymore, he needs to be playing as many games as possible. Good signing for Brighton maybe?
Yes I think that would be a good move as much for his career as just Bournemouth cashing in.
I thought when there was talk of Newcastle putting in a bid that a Championship club pushing for promotion would be a great re-boot for his career. Had a great 1st season at Bournemouth but through injury has struggled there since. That could be down to not quite cutting it in the premier league, could be down to Bournemouth not really challenging the league so he's treading water with a team that's treading water?
Either way, I think a fresh start would do him the world of good!

superskyblue

11 goals in 33 Premier League games for Wilson over the last two years. If he played a whole season he'd score 12 or 13 goals at that rate. That would put him level with Vardy/Giroud this season and above Andre Gray, Vokes, Deeney, Negredo etc. For a player in a team of Bournemouth's level that's not bad at all.

robbiekeane

11 goals in 33 Premier League games for Wilson over the last two years. If he played a whole season he'd score 12 or 13 goals at that rate. That would put him level with Vardy/Giroud this season and above Andre Gray, Vokes, Deeney, Negredo etc. For a player in a team of Bournemouth's level that's not bad at all.
Agree. It's quite possible he's just been pretty unlucky with injuries at this point. He's not Danny sturridge

Grendel

But not in the same league as a player that already plays for Bournmouth and scored 16 this season.

superskyblue

But not in the same league as a player that already plays for Bournmouth and scored 16 this season.
Not exactly a huge difference. And he's not had a whole season uninterrupted by injury - who knows what difference that has made to his performances...

Grendel

Not exactly a huge difference. And he's not had a whole season uninterrupted by injury - who knows what difference that has made to his performances...

This season Wilson scored 6 in 20 against Kings 16 in 36 so that's a 50% difference.

Also half of Wilsons goals are penalties I think. He was relegated to the bench even before the injury.

I can't see how Defoe arriving can be anything but negative from his perspective.

Rich

I can't believe they've given him a 3 year deal worth £20million.

One or two with an option would make more sense surely?

Nick

Administrator
Isn't it about £65k a week? Madness, but not too bad for the Premier League when you think about it.

Rich

£65k per week with a massive signing on fee, seeing as he was a free agent.

Terry Gibson's perm

If his goals keep them up he will pay for the whole contract in the first season, I think a really good signing.

Terry Gibson's perm

You do realise they came 9th last season don't you?

Means nothing they all start on zero points, a lot of teams are lucky in the prem that the teams that came up will struggle and so will Burnley.

All prem teams after halfway talk about is stopping up and then worry about the rest later

Rich

They weren't "after half way" as you put it.

They were top half after a very good season. With Defoe's goals they'll surely be hoping to improve?

Terry Gibson's perm

They weren't "after half way" as you put it.

They were top half after a very good season. With Defoe's goals they'll surely be hoping to improve?

Ok then all the teams after the top six, they are no better than a top nine side even with his goals, Newcastle will be top ten this year, the team that seem to be doing good business is Everton and they have a very good manager

Rich

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread