Defragging????? (1 Viewer)

Bunnykins

When you Defrag. Is The idea to free up space to make your p.c run Quicker?

And When it's getting rid of Things. How doe's it know it not getting rid of important things that you need?

I mean Doe's it also free your p.c of things you may need?

I know that was Confusing :confused:

But I hope you understand what I mean.

Oh, And how often do you have to do it.:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Nick

Administrator
It doesnt delete anything that you will need it basically moves files around and gets rid of left over files and makes your hard drive cleaner, this makes it easier to read and find things it needs so it runs faster!

I would do it weekly to be honest, the more often you do it the less time it takes :)

Bunnykins

Thanx Nick, I did it last week and did Did Take Ages :rolleyes: But Why I was Confused it that afterwards My Windows messenger was The OLD Type.:confused:

So I was wondering if It got rid of the new type.
Anyway I Downloaded The New one again.

So it would seem that my Windows messenger changing would have nothing to do with The Defragg after your explanation so I don't know what happened there.

x x x

simmouk

Administrator
It's odd that the defrag process would result in an application change like Windows Messenger reverting back to an older version - infact, I've never heard of anything like that! Might have just be a coincidence, or maybe certain files that are used by the new version became corrupted or something (but even then, the new version should have just attempted to run and failed, rarther than reverting back?!) How strange! That reminds me, I need to defrag my machine at home!

Nick

Administrator
The more often you defrag the less time it takes :) It might be worth setting it so it does it every week or something :)

simmouk

Administrator
Still haven't defragged my machine! Thing is, I've got so many hard drives in here that it might take a while for all of 'em! (actually it probably wouldn't as all but one are "fresh" in and don't have much on to be fragged) but I could still do with doing it!

Nick

Administrator
You should just set it to shut down after it defrags and then go to bed and leave it going :)

Users who are viewing this thread