Deleted Email Attachments. (1 Viewer)

hotrod

Hi Guys

Any clever people out there who can tell me how to recover deleted emails and/or attachments from Outlook?

Many thanks,

Regards.

Nick

Administrator
Is it a Microsoft email? Try logging into webmail to see if it's in the trash folder

hotrod

Is it a Microsoft email? Try logging into webmail to see if it's in the trash folder
Yes it is Microsoft Outlook.com,I have tried logging in to webmail but unfortunately I am unable to.

Regards.

olderskyblue

There's a "deleted emails" folder. I guess you've checked that?

hotrod

There's a "deleted emails" folder. I guess you've checked that?

Hi
Yes I have tried that but unfortunately it does not go back far enough.
The email and attachments I require were in my hotmail account which makes it a bit more difficult.

Regards.

MatthewWallis

Recover an item that's no longer in your Deleted Items folder

If you can't find an item in the Deleted Items folder, the next place to look is the Recoverable Items folder. This is a hidden folder, and it's the place where items are moved when you do one of the following things:
  • Delete an item from the Deleted Items folder.

• Empty the Deleted Items folder.

• Permanently delete an item by selecting it and pressing Shift+Delete.
Watch the video or follow the steps listed below the video to recover items from the Recoverable Items folder.

Here's how to recover items from the Recoverable Items folder:

1. In Outlook, go to your email folder list, and then click Deleted Items.

2. Make sure Home is selected, and then click Recover Deleted Items From Server.

f24e00be-36bf-44d7-a188-d875d2c4f80f.gif
  3. Select the item you want to recover, click Restore Selected Items, and then click OK.

1f199d2e-bd7c-4e0c-ba68-5853ab3f5103.gif

Tried this?

hotrod

Hi Matt

Thank you for trying to help me which I appreciate.

Unfortunately although I use Outlook I do not have a Home tab as displayed by you. I have tried the "Recover Deleted Emails" set-up but to no avail.

I am trying to recover Hotmail email correspondence from 2013 between myself and one particular person which were not removed by myself, in fact i cannot find any emails for 2013.

I would be grateful if you have any other suggestions.

Regards.

skybluesam66

if they were deleted in 2013 they will be gone forever
if you only recently deleted them
go into the deleted folder - within the online outlook
you will then see the option to recover deleted

hotrod

if they were deleted in 2013 they will be gone forever
if you only recently deleted them
go into the deleted folder - within the online outlook
you will then see the option to recover deleted

Hi
I have tried the "Deleted Folder" option but to no avail.The annoying thing is, I did not delete them they just simply disappeared.

Regards.

shmmeee

I had this problem once.

Upgraded to a new "Buddhist Email Client" and lost all my attachments!

I'm here all week, try the veal.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I'm with you on that one Nick! Still trying to work it out!

Ccfcsj

If it's a corporate email system you can normally click on the deleted items option and then on Recover Deleted Items from Server (Outlook 2016) or Recover Deleted Items under the folder Tab (again whilst in the deleted items). This only works if your Systems Administrator has this set up. Alternatively you can get them to restore from backup.

If it's a personal email sometimes going into the online emails has the option for recently deleted items to allow restore. If not there's not a lot you can really do

Users who are viewing this thread