Demolition? (1 Viewer)

Macca

So am I right in thinking that Station Tower, copthall tower and coventry point are all up for demolition? Won't recognise Coventry soon

Otis

So am I right in thinking that Station Tower, copthall tower and coventry point are all up for demolition? Won't recognise Coventry soon

Yep. Station Tower, Copthall Tower, Coventry Point and errm ......

The Ricoh Arena?

wingy

Shame a city should have tall buildings

Agreed to a point Macca ,the 60's examples aren't particularly Inspiring though .

The Current Ceiling seems to be 5-6 storeys , Coventry University leading the way with some very attractive offerings.

Johnnythespider

I have never liked Coventry point, be very interested to see how they could bring it down though, what with it being surrounded with shops, perhaps they could aim it at the market and get rid of that as well.

Macca

Agreed to a point Macca ,the 60's examples aren't particularly Inspiring though .

The Current Ceiling seems to be 5-6 storeys , Coventry University leading the way with some very attractive offerings.

True enough, wondered if they could have been given a makeover. Agree on the uni buildings, look nice but not tall enough :)

dutchman

Coventry University leading the way with some very attractive offerings.

You mean like this hideous monstrosity?
8210681238_12584938f4_z.jpg

8196313162_c6bbf1e7d5.jpg

wingy

I love em Dutchman. thought provoking and inspiring ,only my opinion though.

Last edited:

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Bloody hell Dutch! Is that what's in Coventry now? Bloody awful! Glad I left! I think the tallest building here on the whole of the Isle of Wight is the council offices at 4 floors! (not including a few church spires!)

dutchman

Bloody hell Dutch! Is that what's in Coventry now? Bloody awful! Glad I left!

They're not all as bad as that Houch, some are even worse!

There's nothing left of the old Coventry you and me used to know.

I was brought up in Gosford Street when it was the greatest place in the world to live and now I can't bear to even look at it.

Users who are viewing this thread