Did city expect... (1 Viewer)

Bennosdancingfeet

Such large interest in this game?

I have a feeling they may have dropped a clanger by keeping the price at 5 pounds. The club as I believe don't have a pot to piss in and surely extra old bill and stewards will be drafted in.

I'm pleased its only a fiver but the club seem reluctant to open other blocks.... Did they expect such a large crowd.

Sky Blue Pete

£150k not to be sneezed at - these things have a life of their own - £10 would have been sold out if we win at Preston and Sheff Utd. If we lose both £10 price would have put people off! Will be great I think and the club should be congratulated for what they have done!

Noggin

it's very possible though if it wasn't £5 then the sales wouldn't be the same. I think part of the reason they are selling so well is because we have sold so many. If it had been £15 early sales wouldn't have been so much and thus the excitement that has come from the early quick sales wouldn't have been there and so the later sales would have been less.

shmmeee

No. It's games like these that make future fans. We could've sold about 15-20k at £10-15 but this way there are way more lapsed and new fans coming who will generate far more income in the future.

Grendel

If it was £10 they would have sold as many. I just think that's their policy for the cup. Strange how the owners get bashed for doing wrong and not praised for doing right.

HennerfordSkyBlue

I think it's great they've kept them at a fiver, I think the club actually understand this run is just a bonus financially so they're not being greedy for once!

Noggin

If it was £10 they would have sold as many. I just think that's their policy for the cup. Strange how the owners get bashed for doing wrong and not praised for doing right.

I think it's brilliant that it's a fiver and the club have played a blinder, I don't think it's true that the club arn't being praised for it. We'll never know if £10 would have sold as well but I doubt it. So easy to convince a couple or a family of 4 to come when it's a £10 or £20, when it's £20 or £40 it gets harder.

We only need a tiny percentage of these people to keep coming back before the club has made a big profit from it.

shropshirecov

Brilliant idea, and the take up (sell out?) would be an incentive to do it again, matbe for a big league game between now and the end of the season. Be good if they did it for Swindon.

Some season tickets holders wouldn't llike it.

North York’s Blue

Brilliant idea, and the take up (sell out?) would be an incentive to do it again, matbe for a big league game between now and the end of the season. Be good if they did it for Swindon.

As a season ticket holder I would be quite happy to to see a few games reduced in price to encourage a bigger crowd.

Grendel

I wouldn't mind if it works. They have tried in the past and it never really has worked. Colchester did get 23,000.

If we make the play offs then we will see how astute the club really are. Wembley places then will be limited. The club then should insist on fans buying season tickets next season and give them priority. Then we secure a good 20,000 next year for every game. Here's hoping.

@richh87

I wouldn't mind if it works. They have tried in the past and it never really has worked. Colchester did get 23,000.

If we make the play offs then we will see how astute the club really are. Wembley places then will be limited. The club then should insist on fans buying season tickets next season and give them priority. Then we secure a good 20,000 next year for every game. Here's hoping.

That's a very good idea actually. Derby had a season ticket offer when they went to the Premiership - and still seem to be reaping the benefits. Going to football becomes a habit.

Evans1883

Why wouldn't season ticket holders like it, already get in for between 11-14 every homegame plus priority on tickets .that's enough for them .one or two games at 5 pound is no bother and should be implemented

shropshirecov

I think it would work if we were aound the top six and thru to the JPT final, I'm sure Robins would love a full stadium, let's see how the players react to a rocking ricoh under the lights a week tuesday!

Good idea about play off final......getting way ahead of ourselves tho!

lordsummerisle

What if Raff wants a lie in though?

shropshirecov

Why wouldn't season ticket holders like it, already get in for between 11-14 every homegame plus priority on tickets .that's enough for them .one or two games at 5 pound is no bother and should be implemented

I agree with you...it's always a reason that gets trotted out as to why they don't do it

Grendel

I agree with you...it's always a reason that gets trotted out as to why they don't do it

They don't do it because from a revenue perspective it doesn't work, this is a business not a charity. If you charge £5 you get a third less revenue if a midweek game so need 3 times as many fans. Remember extra refreshment revenue goes to ACL and compass not us.

lordsummerisle

They don't do it because from a revenue perspective it doesn't work, this is a business not a charity. If you charge £5 you get a third less revenue if a midweek game so need 3 times as many fans. Remember extra refreshment revenue goes to ACL and compass not us.

Don't know if match-day costs are worked out equally or up or down on predicted crowd levels?

If on crowd levels then could be losing money on a £5 a ticket large crowd.

Houdi

All together now,-We love you SISU we do,we love you SISU we do,oh SISU we love you.;)
:claping hands:

Bennosdancingfeet

Started the thread and I'm not criticising one bit, I think it's great we are paying a fiver .

Just wondering if the club will be losing money on this game as I don't think they expected a sell out and in hindsight they're prob thinking we should of charged £10.

Users who are viewing this thread