Does the budget reflect our position? (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

It's been a decent financial year for SISU as owners of CCFC, Checkatrade cup win & this seasons FA cup run pocketing the club/SISU in excess of over half a million+. We've also made money by selling Thomas, Harries & Ben with a combined fee of over £1mill+.

Combine both transfer windows with the above income, would it be fair to say the club hasn't received it's fair share of that income, or has it and we're just underperforming?

Let's face it, it's been shit yet again, will they ever learn?

Ashdown

Yes plus the cup money ! None of which will have been budgeted for. Be interested to see if the old poverty bells are chimed again soon by the scumbags and people fall for it. I think we are mainly struggling though due to illness and injury and a young team again in a league of thugs and hardmen !

Captain Dart

Well maybe SISU's strategy is simply to take money out till their investment is completely recovered then sell?
Alternatively they have to build value so they can sell for more and that means promotion.

fernandopartridge

We have no idea how much the money has actually been made from any transfers (pretty much all undisclosed or unverified), what the financial position was at the end of last season against budget, or what the assumptions were for setting the budget this season.

So, to summarise, the post is based on nothing but conjecture.

Nick

Administrator
We have no idea how much the money has actually been made from any transfers (pretty much all undisclosed or unverified), what the financial position was at the end of last season against budget, or what the assumptions were for setting the budget this season.

I think it's only for people who will never be able to discuss football or have any input on what happens on the pitch.

It's threads like this people like dart will be over, dongo would have loved this.

Ashdown is trying to get involved with the football talk, but sadly my 8 year old would have more of a clue about who our players are.

Mucca Mad Boys

It's been a decent financial year for SISU as owners of CCFC, Checkatrade cup win & this seasons FA cup run pocketing the club/SISU in excess of over half a million+. We've also made money by selling Thomas, Harries & Ben with a combined fee of over £1mill+.

Combine both transfer windows with the above income, would it be fair to say the club hasn't received it's fair share of that income, or has it and we're just underperforming?

Let's face it, it's been shit yet again, will they ever learn?

Thomas left because his contract expired. The other two aforementioned players probably weren’t going to start, so 750k (if rumours are to be believed) for those two isn’t all that bad.

Oh, and we’ve signed 15 players, with only 4 being loans, and JCH is with a view to a permanent.

skybluebeduff

I think it's only for people who will never be able to discuss football or have any input on what happens on the pitch.

It's threads like this people like dart will be over, dongo would have loved this.

Ashdown is trying to get involved with the football talk, but sadly my 8 year old would have more of a clue about who our players are.
You think too much of yourself.

skybluebeduff

We've made more money than last season, it's not hard to figure that out. But anything against the grain against SISU and the regular morons are out in force.

Nick

Administrator
We've made more money than last season, it's not hard to figure that out. But anything against the grain against SISU and the regular morons are out in force.
Says somebody who is actually out in force all of a sudden, alongside ashdown and captain dart.

The accounts will give an indication within the next month for last year anyway.

Captain Dart

The point about transfers is baloney, if you read the accounts the overall figure from transfer dealings is clearly identified.
We don't know how much is from each deal but the overall numbers are clear and it is a significant proportion of turnover.

As for budget the only option is to compare the numbers against data available from other similar sized clubs.

As for aims and strategy, sure all is conjecture as SISU have a tendency to obfuscate their real aims and objectives.

fernandopartridge

The point about transfers is baloney, if you read the accounts the overall figure from transfer dealings is clearly identified.
We don't know how much is from each deal but the overall numbers are clear and it is a significant proportion of turnover.

As for budget the only option is to compare the numbers against data available from other similar sized clubs.

As for aims and strategy, sure all is conjecture as SISU have a tendency to obfuscate their real aims and objectives.
Have you seen the accounts year ending 31 May 2017? The ones that are not yet published. That is the period being referred to here.

Mucca Mad Boys

Name one club in this division who has spent that much on a loan player? And you've made that figure up too.

It’s a loan with a view to a permanent deal. I imagine the logistics of a deadline day signing has meant the deal is structured how it is.

Nick

Administrator
The minute SISU are question yet again, look who arrives on cue! You don't even hide that fact anymore.
No, I pointed out you had changed your stance on them. It's fact.

You aren't questioning anybody from what I can see either.

You can try and play that line though if you want if it gets you and the other mouth breathing sheep worked up.

fernandopartridge

It’s a loan with a view to a permanent deal. I imagine the logistics of a deadline day signing has meant the deal is structured how it is.
Bawtryneal who knows the Rotherham board said it's to get around FFP rules, which, if true, suggests the the club is spending all of its permitted income on the squad/wages.

skybluebeduff

Because you're taking utter shit. Making things up. You can't make an argument with no evidence to back it. Likewise it can't be argued against for the same reasons.
For a start you suddenly came on this thread all defensive when my OP had question marks asking the questions. Our average attendance this season is only a few hundred shy of last seasons average, we've sold 3 players for fee's and had 2 cup runs in that time, one of them winning it. It's not bullshit, it's common fucking sense, something you clearly lack.

stupot07

People are also forgetting that we've probably made a loss on the checkatrade games and first couple of FA cup rounds with crowds of c2k, plus we're led to believe we had budgeted at 9k attendance's, but our attendance's are lower than that.

Plus most transfer fees are staggered, so getting £750k may be only getting £200k up front with the rest as add ons.

I'd like to know what teams in this league people think have higher budgets - Notts County, Luton, Swindon maybe?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Ashdown

I would hope he would, you keep dragging the poor kid out in the cold every week to listen to your expert knowledge.

Mucca Mad Boys

People are also forgetting that we've probably made a loss on the checkatrade games and first couple of FA cup rounds with crowds of c2k, plus we're led to believe we had budgeted at 9k attendance's, but our attendance's are lower than that.

Plus most transfer fees are staggered, so getting £750k may be only getting £200k up front with the rest as add ons.

I'd like to know what teams in this league people think have higher budgets - Notts County, Luton, Swindon maybe?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But Sisu are bad, very bad, so taking the transfer fees for our young starlets is part of a strategy to fleece the club... *eyes roll*

We’ve signed 11 permanent players - all experienced pros at our level. 15 players in total. The club has clearly invested in the team. We still need a few more pieces, but I’m happy with what we’ve done in one summer.

Users who are viewing this thread