Domestic Cup Holders Badges? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4232
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4232

What do you think of the idea of FA cup and / or League Cup holders wearing a badge or symbol on their league shirts for the following campaign?

This comes to me as I'm watching the first game of the Bundesliga tonight and Bayern Munich is wearing what looks like the FIFA club world cup champions crest on the middle of their home shirts.

I think if the FA were to adopt something similar it would increase the prestige of, whoch has dwindled, their domestic vup competitions. This season would show Arsenal and Manchester City sporting the FA Cup crest and the League Cup crest respectively, for the duration of the season, until the finals of these competitions next year.

It would boost shirt sales, for example when the 'minnows' of the competition win fans would scramble for them, and wear them with pride the entirety of next season. It would also be a reminder of the competition winners (I actually had to google who won the cups aforementioned, and the finals weren't held very long ago!).

Only problem is, the cups are sponsored. Would they want representation on the annual cup badge? Would the premier league, championship or less likely league 1&2 want winners of a conpetition advertising another?

Someone call the FA, I have an idea to sell.

D

Deleted member 4232

I may have had a frink, but the point above is still good

AMIRIGHTFELLAS?!

cornoccfc

Would be a nice touch, and keep in the minds the current cup holders.

Similar to the golden arm patches the champions get in the Premier League.

Users who are viewing this thread