Don't start your Poznan too early (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

Another excellent day out. Really promising performances from Jordan Shipley, Ryan Haynes (going forward at least - don't decapitate me), and Tom Davies.

Here's the report.

Until Tuesday. Cheers
Nazon spent his half time warm up alone trying to curl shots into the top corner with his standing foot. Says it all about his attitude to collectivism. Exciting player though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Esoterica

Nazon spent his half time warm up alone trying to curl shots into the top corner with his standing foot. Says it all about his attitude to collectivism. Exciting player though.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
His 40 minute cameo on Saturday was him in a nutshell. Changed the game in his first 20 minutes by adding a missing impetus and momentum, scored a good goal set up by a great first touch under pressure and then spent the last 20 minutes trying to beat a man and curl the ball into the top corner from 25 yards and was largely responsible for us not extending our lead.

87mint

His 40 minute cameo on Saturday was him in a nutshell. Changed the game in his first 20 minutes by adding a missing impetus and momentum, scored a good goal set up by a great first touch under pressure and then spent the last 20 minutes trying to beat a man and curl the ball into the top corner from 25 yards and was largely responsible for us not extending our lead.
He's an enigma in a similar mould to Ryan Kent, Frank Moussa, or Jacob Murphy – all players who ended up copping a lot of abuse from the terraces, but would then produce an absolutely sumptuous moment of brilliance far beyond the division they are playing in.
In fairness to Duck, he has a far higher conversion rate than most of those players – and it seems that Robins is reluctant to play him from the start, so teams are always going to be taken by surprise that we are able to bring someone on who has the quality (on his day) to be playing in the Championship.
We couldn't afford to have two Nazons in the team – but one is just about perfect.

Esoterica

He's an enigma in a similar mould to Ryan Kent, Frank Moussa, or Jacob Murphy – all players who ended up copping a lot of abuse from the terraces, but would then produce an absolutely sumptuous moment of brilliance far beyond the division they are playing in.
In fairness to Duck, he has a far higher conversion rate than most of those players – and it seems that Robins is reluctant to play him from the start, so teams are always going to be taken by surprise that we are able to bring someone on who has the quality (on his day) to be playing in the Championship.
We couldn't afford to have two Nazons in the team – but one is just about perfect.
I agree completely, he's a very good player who we're lucky to have but he needs managing. I think it's often individuals who win you the big games in key moments but on the flip side of that, when it comes to the opposition who have been parking the bus this year you have to beat them as a team and I think some of the stalemates we've had has given Robins some food for thought on how he utilises the Duck.
Really looking forward to tomorrow's game - it's the first time we're playing someone who will be genuinely happy with a point since that awful October run and i'm looking forward to Robins showing us what he's learned.

Users who are viewing this thread