Dreams that come true (1 Viewer)

Otis

Anyone else have any?

Hardly ever happens to me, but on occasion I do have dreams that come true. Frustrating thing for me is that it happens all too infrequently and that I can hardly ever work my way through the muddle that is the dream.

On Tuesday night I dreamt the Thunderball numbers for Wednesday, but when I work up Wednesday morning I could only remember 2 of the numnbers, 9 and 5 as the Thunderball. Just coudn't recall any of the other numbers.

As I could only remember those 2 numbers I didn't push the boat out and had just 6 goes of a pound, including those two numbers, 9 and 5 as the Thunderball.

Woke up this morning to find that both numbers did indeed come up, 9 as one of the 5 numbers and the Thunderball being 5. I won £30 (6 x £5). Trouble is, now I am deflated and kicking myself cos maybe I feel should have pushed the boat out a bit more with the odds of 6/1 in my favour of getting 2 numbers.

Wonder if anyone else has any dreams that come true?

Could all be coincidence of course, but I once dreamt about a horse called Gem Bien. Now those two words were so random there is no way I could have made any association from those two random words. Couldn't have been anything I had seen anywhere. Hadn't look at any racing guides or cards and hadn't even been buying any newspapers.

Just dreamt the two words Gem Bien and next morning checked Sporting Life and lo and behold, on the racecard was Gem Bien. Again, was rather cautious, even though the odds were somewhere around 22/1. Won a few hundred quid there. The horse had pretty much done nothing before.

Annoying thing is though, as so many dreams are not clear and are all muddled and I struggle to find any meaning in them and then am reluctant to go with them. They are obviously quite often wrong too. Don't usually dream about horses or football though. more usually about what happens to people and individuals. Dreamt my brother had died, and he did, but not until some year later, so didn't read anything into that at all.

Some I am sure could be put down to coincidence, but have had the odd dream or two about the City that have come true (City to win 1-0, from a pen and it to be a rebound after the keeper had saved sort of thing).

Anyone know any Fringe like device whereby I can harness that power, win the Euromillions and aid me in my quest to buy the City?:thinking about:

Just wonder what other people's experiences are of dreaming?

Was reading about Samuel Clemens the other day and saw that he had a number of dreams come true.

I find it all very fascinating.

kg82

A few years ago at the Ricoh we played Palace - Andy Johnson was still playing for them. I had a dream 2 nights before about the score, it was a really vivid dream too. I didn't think much of it but just before we started out to the game I told my dad and nan about this dream and they both said I should have put a tenner on it - I didn't, of course! So anyway, the score I dreamed was 4-1 to Palace... Not an easy score to predict! Comes to the 90th minute and it's 3-1 to Palace - Johnson breaks away and scores! My dad and my nan just looked at me like I was a freak!! Looked at the prices after - 80/1 for that scoreline :facepalm:

Otis

Keep us informed of your dreams , this time next year were going to be millionaires !

But they have mixed messages at times and usually don't make sense.

Dreamt once that Newcastle beat us 6-1 at Highfield Road and that I scored Newcastle's 6th goal! :(

Didn't have a bet on that one because I was wearing a tutu at the time.

Those lottery numbers were all just a muddle apart from 5 and 9. Didn't think it wise to pass on such info based on 2 solitary numbers.

If I get a really clear one I will let you know.

This one might be a coincidence of course, but one season, a week before the new fixtures were to be released, I once dreamt that we were going to play Arsenal away first game of the season in bright sunshine and it was going to be 0-0.

And that's exactly what happened.

Perryccfc

I had a dream last season that I was sat in front of a really old tele in a dark room. And I was watching football results come in. It was the week we played Burnley at home and I dreamt we won 1-0 but couldn't remember the scorer. The dream was on the Wednesday night and I didn't have a clue of the weekend fixtures. On the tele it came up Cardiff 0-2 Nottingham Forest and In a strange mental way I heard "mcgugan mcgugan mcgugan - 23 23 23".

I remembered that so clearly and when I was at work the next day I thought I'd have a look to see when Cardiff forest was, and low and behold it was the coming saturday the same day we played Burnley. I told everyone at work and a few of the boys and myself done a scorecast of mcgugan to score first and forest to win 2-0.

Saturday comes and in the 23rd minute on Soccer Saturday jeff stealing announces a goal at Cardiff stadium, my heart skipped a beat and sure enough, Lewis Mcgugan opens the scoring. And forest go on to win 2-0! I had a rennet on at 80/1. But absoloutly hated myself for not lumping a lot on.

I believe in all the supernatural etc and at the time I was struggling to make ends meet. And although obviously what I won helped, I feel that was a message from a relative who's passed away, to try and help me.

Every night since I go to bed hoping to have another. None as yet though :-(

Otis

Funny that. I have a fair few Welsh relatives and one of them says he gets horse racing tips from his long passed away father in his dreams.

Says he's won a fair packet. But again, don't think it happens that often.

Suppose it is all about having the courage of your convictions, but it appears that we have all been guilty of somewhat not pushing the boat out with our bets. The horse I dreamt about was a rank outsider and I really should have took the gamble and stuck a few hundred quid on it.

I would have then been shopping at Waitrose instead of Lidl.

About a week ago I had a dream about a couple of strangers from a football forum that failed to believe in reason & logic and instead believed in ghosts, mermaids, angels and predicting the future through dreams.

I now sign in and read this, i'm freaked out.

Reactions: vow

Otis

I have bad dreams every night. Always have done ever since I can remember. Bad dreams every single night and think I can only ever remember a handful of good dreams in my entire life.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that last night it was something positive and that I dreamt we bought the Ricoh and we were all celebrating long into the night, on here, in the media, on the streets.

Wasps didn't appear in the dream at all. It was just an out of the blue thing and we had suddenly bought the Ricoh. £6m was the initial payment.

giphy.gif

Otis

And it's really weird that I dreamt that and then, only just now have a seen a post from last night from a poster saying the Ricoh is up for sale.

Captain Dart

And it's really weird that I dreamt that and then, only just now have a seen a post from last night from a poster saying the Ricoh is up for sale.

If Gru hsan't got the money he has a plan to get it.
pic_detail569160d856ade.png

bringbackrattles

Been having all sorts of dreams for many years that come true. I dream of a person I haven't seen in years and the next day he or she is walking past me in the street. As my parents and baby son are dead and have been for years I often see them in my dreams/sleep, and wake up either anxious or happy at something they've said to me while asleep. I believe its just wishful thinking that I'm still connected to them all, but in my dreamlike state it feels real. Strange but true !

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
For a few years now, my dreams have always involved me being on a bus - either driving one (I was a bus driver for many years) or as a passenger. It's either a bus or ferry, but now not the ferry so much (probably coz I've now left the Isle of Wight). Only last night I dreamt I was travelling to my brother's shop on a bus. (He gave his shop up in the early 1990's). I really don't know the significance of the bus travel. It doesn't seem to matter who else is in the dream - there's always a bloody bus involved!

Gazolba

I wouldn't want my dreams to come true. Three recurring dreams I've had over many years:
(1) I'm falling down a seemingly bottomless hole (I think this could be related to CCFC somehow)
(2) My teeth all fall out
(3) I park my car somewhere and when I go back to get it, it's not there.
Fortunately, I haven't had any of those dreams for a while now.
And please, no psychological interpretations. I've heard them all.

Sick Boy

I wouldn't want my dreams to come true. Three recurring dreams I've had over many years:
(1) I'm falling down a seemingly bottomless hole (I think this could be related to CCFC somehow)
(2) My teeth all fall out
(3) I park my car somewhere and when I go back to get it, it's not there.
Fortunately, I haven't had any of those dreams for a while now.

I've had the teeth one a few times and at the time it's so vivid.

dutchman

Could all be coincidence of course, but I once dreamt about a horse called Gem Bien. Now those two words were so random there is no way I could have made any association from those two random words. Couldn't have been anything I had seen anywhere. Hadn't look at any racing guides or cards and hadn't even been buying any newspapers.

Just dreamt the two words Gem Bien and next morning checked Sporting Life and lo and behold, on the racecard was Gem Bien. Again, was rather cautious, even though the odds were somewhere around 22/1. Won a few hundred quid there. The horse had pretty much done nothing before.

I've had similar 'experiences'. Have also taken part in scientific experiments to determine whether these 'premonitions' were genuine or just fantasy. The result of the experiments were 50/50 confirmed/disproved. This is the odd thing though, the results weren't 'about 50/50', they were exactly '50/50'. You would normally expect some random variation, say '49/51' or thereabouts but that wasn't the case, it was exactly '50/50' every time. That bit freaked me out.

Not doing a commercial for the paranormal fraternity here. I abandoned all that stuff decades ago and have largely forgotten about it ever since.

bringbackrattles

This week been dreaming of my late mother a lot more than usual. I always see her as youngish as she died aged only 62, she's never an old lady as I never in real life saw her like that. Anyway just had an email from my sister that our mum died this day 30 years ago. It doesn't seem that long ago to be honest, I said to my sister it won't be too long till we all meet up again. She never replied to that comment !

Otis

This week been dreaming of my late mother a lot more than usual. I always see her as youngish as she died aged only 62, she's never an old lady as I never in real life saw her like that. Anyway just had an email from my sister that our mum died this day 30 years ago. It doesn't seem that long ago to be honest, I said to my sister it won't be too long till we all meet up again. She never replied to that comment !
She's gone already? ;)

Gazolba

I think dreams are always vestiges of what happened in the past, they don't reflect what will happen in the future at all.

I do however believe that someone who is just about to board an airplane can get a premonition that something is about to happen.
The problem is that the premonition only becomes meaningful after the plane crashes and then no-one believes it because you are revealing it afterwards.
And you never hear about all the premonitions that never come about.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I think dreams are always vestiges of what happened in the past, they don't reflect what will happen in the future at all.

I do however believe that someone who is just about to board an airplane can get a premonition that something is about to happen.
The problem is that the premonition only becomes meaningful after the plane crashes and then no-one believes it because you are revealing it afterwards.
And you never hear about all the premonitions that never come about.
And if you board that plane and it crashes, who's gonna believe a corpse? :emoji_thinking:

Paul Anthony

I actually did once have a dream come true.

I took a long time to learn to swim. Just never had the confidence. I used to go Cov Baths every week, but I just couldn't get up the confidence in myself to ditch my armbands. I hated it on a way, as my friends used to get to go on the slides, and through the rapids and I never could.

Then, one night I dreamt I jumped into a canal and swam perfectly fine. (god knows what was in the dream canal, but, that's another matter!). As it happened, next night was swimming night. Went through the usual routine of inflating my armbands, then into the pool. Like we always did, we asked if I could go through the rapids in them. No, was the definite answer.

Sod it, I thought. I'm taking these things off. So I did. And in that moment, learned to swim without armbands.

Was reliveed actually. Honestly thought the only way I'd ever bloody learn was to jump in the canal....

Otis

I actually did once have a dream come true.

I took a long time to learn to swim. Just never had the confidence. I used to go Cov Baths every week, but I just couldn't get up the confidence in myself to ditch my armbands. I hated it on a way, as my friends used to get to go on the slides, and through the rapids and I never could.

Then, one night I dreamt I jumped into a canal and swam perfectly fine. (god knows what was in the dream canal, but, that's another matter!). As it happened, next night was swimming night. Went through the usual routine of inflating my armbands, then into the pool. Like we always did, we asked if I could go through the rapids in them. No, was the definite answer.

Sod it, I thought. I'm taking these things off. So I did. And in that moment, learned to swim without armbands.

Was reliveed actually. Honestly thought the only way I'd ever bloody learn was to jump in the canal....
Wow! And you were only 42 at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread