EFL Highlights 2018 -2022 - Terrestrial TV (1 Viewer)

Hitman72

Reminder to fellow fans that the EFL Highlights will no longer be on Channel 5 but on Quest TV, Freeview Channel 37 (+1 Channel 83). There will be a 90-minute show at 9pm every Saturday. There will also be hour-long shows after midweek matches and eight Carabao Cup and Checkatrade Trophy shows.

Hosted by Colin Murray, first show is on Saturday 4th August.

ceetee

I wondered where Colin Murray had gone. Always thought he was more suited to CBeebies

Ricketts

Reminder to fellow fans that the EFL Highlights will no longer be on Channel 5 but on Quest TV, Freeview Channel 37 (+1 Channel 83). There will be a 90-minute show at 9pm every Saturday. There will also be hour-long shows after midweek matches and eight Carabao Cup and Checkatrade Trophy shows.

Hosted by Colin Murray, first show is on Saturday 4th August.

Thanks for that. I would never of found that myself in a million years.

dutchman

Fans unimpressed by "retro" EFL highlights on Quest - a516digital

A new season, a new broadcaster for the Saturday night EFL highlights: but the opening show on Quest was slammed by viewers, complaining of poor picture quality and of the programme not going out in widescreen.

Quest, owned by Discovery, the broadcaster behind Eurosport, was announced as the new broadcaster for the weekly highlights show back in May, taking over from Channel 5.

But some viewers tuning in to see the Colin Murray-fronted show found themselves being transported back in time, with the highlights going out in the retro 4:3 picture format on the Quest SD channel, resulting in thick black bars either side of the picture.

Additionally, a number of viewers took to social media platforms to complain about picture distortions as well as an overall poor picture quality throughout the show. The Freeview version of the channel is only available in 3/4 SD 544×576 resolution.

mark82

Why would anything be broadcast in 4:3 in 2018? Assuming they had technical difficulty rather than it being a conscious decision.

chiefdave

Why would anything be broadcast in 4:3 in 2018? Assuming they had technical difficulty rather than it being a conscious decision.
It says the freeview SD channel is only ever 4:3 so I would guess the version prepared for that was sent to all SD feeds by the play out centre.

A channel like Quest won't have much experience of turning around programs within a few hours, what other programming do they have that would be made on the day?

dutchman

It was much worse than that, the picture was squeezed from left to right and there was no way of unsqueezing it.

The issue was fixed for this morning's repeat I am told.

Last edited:

wingy

Yeah, don't mind him. Don't think we should give these Scots too many programmes fronting things, mind.
Yes indeed.
British Northern Irish tones omni present in the British media .
Although I suspect you new that.

dutchman

QuestHD confirmed on Freeview next week, probably replacing BT Showcase HD on COM8.

Put another way, if you weren't able to get BT Showcase HD before, you won't be able to get QuestHD either.

Last edited:

Magwitch

Christ! You are a spoilt lot, I remember watching the one game on in a week in grainy black and white with dear old Kenneth Wolstonholm telling us Liverpool are playing in red and Everton are in blue

Users who are viewing this thread