Egg chasing player ban (1 Viewer)

sw88

Chief Commentator!
A player calls the ref a 'cheat' (which he denies, but isn't appealing :thinking about: ) and is given an 11 week ban within days of the incident!

Why can't football work as smoothly as that, and bans be as severe for incidents that warrant it?

Otis

Yep. It's the way to go.

Only the captain allowed to approach the ref and what the ref says goes. No cajoling or trying to hassle and harry the poor bloke.

Too much player power on the football field these days.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Yep. It's the way to go.

Only the captain allowed to approach the ref and what the ref says goes. No cajoling or trying to hassle and harry the poor bloke.

Ref handled it well. Explained himself. Player (although a little bemused, probably upset he got caught out) accepted the decision, and walked!

Oh how the egg chasing game puts football to show at times! In fact, alot of the time

Diehard Si

Ref handled it well. Explained himself. Player (although a little bemused, probably upset he got caught out) accepted the decision, and walked!

Oh how the egg chasing game puts football to show at times! In fact, alot of the time

A lot of the time. The dissent issues in football, fan violence, singing of the anthems at internationals, play acting. I could keep going

scroobiustom

Yep. It's the way to go.

Dylan Hartley (the banned player was the captain!)

Mucca Mad Boys

I think it's a fair ban, especially at a time where soft bans are being given - 2 weeks for Cian Healy's stamp! - it's totally unsporting and unprofessional, you don't call referee's cheats, I do, however, feel sorry for Hartley because he was in the Lions squad and more than likely to start as well, and to miss out is heartbreaking, that said, I'm glad his ban will set the precedent. His initial denial was probably out of pure reflex action and after thinking about it, he's decided he's going to admit he's in the wrong - just my opinion.

It's 2 totally different cultures when it come to respecting officials in rugby and football, I personally think FIFA should take a hard line stance on this, seeing hordes of players surrounding the referee isn't a nice sight and the ref should just be able to make decisions without being pressurised in any way, there should only be dialogue between captain and ref and or, a player the referee wants to talk to, I do think a referee should send players off for calling them cheats - I've probably got these opinions because I play rugby, but that's my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread