England v Scotland (1 Viewer)

Otis

Right, the English face the Scots next month in the world cup qualifying and of course I am always totally rooting for an England victory every time they meet.

However, word is, if England win this game, Southgate gets the job permanently.

Dilemmas, dilemmas.

Can I really bring myself to hope England lose the match? :(

I desperately want England to win, but don't want Southgate to get the job.

Guessing my only hope is a draw and a very dull one at that.

rondog1973

Beginning to think England's problems are similar to Cov's.....

We'll never improve whilst Sisu are here/England will never improve whilst the Clicky, Masonic old fart brigade at the F.A. pull the strings....

Covstu

Being half Scottish but born in England I still root for England but it makes for many a family argument. I cannot see England losing but a draw a very real result. It's Scotland's cup final and despite the recent results they will be up,for it. I am going 1-1.

As for Southgate, not convinced either. He is a yes man so fits the mould of the FA I guess.

Johnnythespider

My hope is that England win and the day after the telegraph reveal Southgate has been caught in a sting ordering pizza from Domino's instead of pizza Hut.

Gazolba

If English players had the balls to go and play abroad then maybe they'd learn a thing or two.
I don't see the need any more. There are as many foreign players here as abroad. In a sense as regards English football, we are already abroad.

CJ_covblaze

Right, the English face the Scots next month in the world cup qualifying and of course I am always totally rooting for an England victory every time they meet.

However, word is, if England win this game, Southgate gets the job permanently.

Dilemmas, dilemmas.

Can I really bring myself to hope England lose the match? :(

I desperately want England to win, but don't want Southgate to get the job.

Guessing my only hope is a draw and a very dull one at that.

This crossed my mind last week regarding the 4 games. Love games against Scotland though and it's the chance to stuff them. They're in crisis and there for the taking.

Otis

This crossed my mind last week regarding the 4 games. Love games against Scotland though and it's the chance to stuff them. They're in crisis and there for the taking.
They are. Just think that has to be someone better than Southgate, who I just find a little tepid and uninspiring.

CJ_covblaze

They are. Just think that has to be someone better than Southgate, who I just find a little tepid and uninspiring.

A little? If I was playing in that side I'd be more inspired by counting the tiles on the wall than listening to Southgate.

Joy Division

Think I'd rather play for Gareth Southgate than Big Sam. Maybe he'll turn out to be a good manager for us?

CJ_covblaze

Think I'd rather play for Gareth Southgate than Big Sam. Maybe he'll turn out to be a good manager for us?

I hope he does. Would be chuffed to see us smash Scotland and Spain next month. I'm willing to give him a chance despite my doubts. Hope others do the same.

fernandopartridge

If English players had the balls to go and play abroad then maybe they'd learn a thing or two.

It's not always about the balls, most of them are so greedy and live in such a bubble, living in another climate and learning another language whilst being paid less would be dreadful for them.

Gazolba

If we can't beat Scotland, we are a sorry lot. If we don't win, the entire squad should have to wear kilts for a week.

CJ_covblaze

If we can't beat Scotland, we are a sorry lot. If we don't win, the entire squad should have to wear kilts for a week.

A draw or a loss against that lot is as embarrassing as the same result against the likes of Malta imo.

CJ_covblaze

And we are in great shape.

Well Southgate hasn't called up players like Cresswell, Antonio, Defoe, Austin and Redmond so we must have a brilliant squad.

CJ_covblaze

World beaters them.

Cresswell's replaced Drinkwater now. I'd rather have any two of the other options than have Sturridge and Vardy.

no_loyalty

Scottish fan at work predicting Oliver Burke is going to rip us apart, and also claiming he is as good as Bale

Users who are viewing this thread