ePetition In process (1 Viewer)

psgm1

Banned
raised an e-petition calling for clubs leaving the home ground based on refusing to be paid rent be made illegal, that any move away need support from fans, and that owners of clubs should not be allowed to set up multiple shell companies to prevent what sisu are doing right now.

Should receive an email confirming acceptance or not within a week.

Wonder if I will still be accused of being pro-sisu by the trust appeasers

It's called DOING something!

WFC

Another e petition. Where did that first one get us?

Yet to be seen. It would be a bit optimistic to expect everyone to throw up their hands a couple of days after a petition and cave in to public demand. The idea is to put public pressure on decisions that are yet to be made. Let's wait and see. Don't give up as that's the one thing that is guaranteed to get you nowhere.

Good luck:)

lifelongcityfan

WFC...thanks for continuing to give the benefit of your experience to CCFC fans. We appreciate the amount of time and energy you are putting in on this forum:D

WFC

raised an e-petition calling for clubs leaving the home ground based on refusing to be paid rent be made illegal, that any move away need support from fans, and that owners of clubs should not be allowed to set up multiple shell companies to prevent what sisu are doing right now.

Agree with the sentiment and will be happy to sign. Some changes are certainly needed and this addresses the route course that allows some of these situations to arise. Unfortunately even if successful they would have zero impact on your current situation as such changes would take time to introduce and even if it could be done tomorrow could not be applied retrospectively.

TheRoyalScam

Doesn't make sense - 'refusing to be paid rent' - or do you mean 'refusing to pay rent'? Jeez:rolleyes:

Hows my favorite question dodger keeping.......any luck yet with the "have you tried to speak to the Trust F2F" question or were you busy setting up your e-petition?

psgm1

Banned
Not sure how to respond th the resident troll.

Why would I want to speak to the trust face to face? It would be a case of he said she said. If they have something to say, then they should be prepared to put it in the public domain as I have.

Sisu are big favourites of doing things behind closed doors and are rightly criticised for it. It seems the trust rather than condemn them for doing this are using those very same tactics.

My views are OUT there in public record.

If ANYONE or group is dodging the question it's the "trust"

Why will they not just come out and say whether or not they will condemn sisu actions wrt to moving away from the club. There is simply NOTHING to discuss. Either they condemn sisu on this or they DO NOT. What is to discuss and WHY the need for secrecy?

Anyhting said F2F as you say could be denied if published! Have they condemned tha attacks oon their behalf against me? Multiple breaches of the PCC by people defending the trust! Yet they refuse to codemn such actions!

Is this what their members deserve?

Seems those defending this group cannot provide a reasoned and rational response, and there only actions are hostile aggrerssive, and by refusing to answer in public highly secretive.

How is this clique any better than sisu?

Fine to criticise, but I have raised alternative actions, I have DONE alternate actions. All those defending the trust on here have are insults. Is their position so weak and insecure that they cannot stand up to scrutiny?

What are they so afraid of?

The refusal to condemn the move away is an utter disgrace. Surely it would be the easiest thing in the world to simply comdemn the move, call on their members to boycott games (as I was lead to believe was the general consensus of the trust by a member of this group a while back), and then I wouldn't be able to criticise them!

If they feel this is NOT the way forward - fine PUBLICLY announce it!

It's all very well attacking an individual, but unless you do otherwise and can be SEEN to do otherwise, then the accusation of total inaction is vindicated. And if you are doing Nothing - then how on earth do you have the nerve to charge?

Ball's in your court. Either you Condemn the move away or you don'tr either way the media you so vigorously court the public and the membership you claim to represent deserve an answer!

WHAT IS IT SBT?

psgm1

Banned

It was a petition from the paper - this is a NATIONAL e-petition.! Doubt it will pass, but SOMETHING neds to be done.

If anyone has a better idea fine - let's hear it. But don't forget it was the CET and NOT the trust that raised the petition! Which is odd when you consider they are supposedly fighting for the survival of the club!

wingy

You do seem to be talking down any form of fan Innitiative lately
just saying..........Also has anyone put an injunction on the Site as all threads of a derogatory nature re fisher seem to get closed down. Do you get a significant no of thread reports on the matter only as JE...GH....PH4 or even Richard Keys seem fair game for Cynism and abuse ??

Paxman II

I think it's interesting and perhaps deserves another thread but the thought of moving away from the Ricoh has some history...

An awful lot of people or fans if you will on these boards and others, have said consistently that the Ricoh will never be home, it's soulless, it's a bowl and we should never have left Highfield Road bla bla bla.
Even polls had fans showed support for wishing we could leave and be back at Highfield Road.

So why all the negativity towards a possible move away from the Ricoh now?

IF and it's a big IF, SISU achieve their stated aim and relocate across town at Ansty or somewhere similar - why would that be a bad thing? That would be a great thing surely and credit to them for achieving a stadium we will own (unlike the Ricoh we will never own) and income streams to support the club?

What are Haskell's long term plans? Because without the income streams from the stadium we play in then the football club is unsustainable without someone grandfathering money in all the time and that won't happen.

kg82

I think it's interesting and perhaps deserves another thread but the thought of moving away from the Ricoh has some history...

An awful lot of people or fans if you will on these boards and others, have said consistently that the Ricoh will never be home, it's soulless, it's a bowl and we should never have left Highfield Road bla bla bla.
Even polls had fans showed support for wishing we could leave and be back at Highfield Road.

IF and it's a big IF, SISU achieve their stated aim and relocate across town at Ansty or somewhere similar - why would that be a bad thing? That would be a great thing surely and credit to them for achieving a stadium we will own (unlike the Ricoh we will never own) and income streams to support the club?

What are Haskell's long term plans? Because without the income streams from the stadium we play in then the football club is unsustainable without someone grandfathering money in all the time and that won't happen.

I get that. I think, more than anything else, it's the worry that SISU are bullsh*tting. I actually can't see this happening though, if nothing more then because of the uncertainty of the future of the club.

stupot07

Is this one of those petitions that needs a100k signatures to enable a discussion?

We might just reach that target sometime around 2023

Last edited:

kg82

I think we are past the bullshit phase, I really do.

I mean bullshitting about coming back to Coventry. In principle, if everything was hunky-dory with our owners, I wouldn't mind the idea. As it is, I can't see anything but the end of the club.

Not sure how to respond th the resident troll.

Why would I want to speak to the trust face to face? It would be a case of he said she said. If they have something to say, then they should be prepared to put it in the public domain as I have.

Sisu are big favourites of doing things behind closed doors and are rightly criticised for it. It seems the trust rather than condemn them for doing this are using those very same tactics.

My views are OUT there in public record.

If ANYONE or group is dodging the question it's the "trust"

Why will they not just come out and say whether or not they will condemn sisu actions wrt to moving away from the club. There is simply NOTHING to discuss. Either they condemn sisu on this or they DO NOT. What is to discuss and WHY the need for secrecy?

Anyhting said F2F as you say could be denied if published! Have they condemned tha attacks oon their behalf against me? Multiple breaches of the PCC by people defending the trust! Yet they refuse to codemn such actions!

Is this what their members deserve?

Seems those defending this group cannot provide a reasoned and rational response, and there only actions are hostile aggrerssive, and by refusing to answer in public highly secretive.

How is this clique any better than sisu?

Fine to criticise, but I have raised alternative actions, I have DONE alternate actions. All those defending the trust on here have are insults. Is their position so weak and insecure that they cannot stand up to scrutiny?

What are they so afraid of?

The refusal to condemn the move away is an utter disgrace. Surely it would be the easiest thing in the world to simply comdemn the move, call on their members to boycott games (as I was lead to believe was the general consensus of the trust by a member of this group a while back), and then I wouldn't be able to criticise them!

If they feel this is NOT the way forward - fine PUBLICLY announce it!

It's all very well attacking an individual, but unless you do otherwise and can be SEEN to do otherwise, then the accusation of total inaction is vindicated. And if you are doing Nothing - then how on earth do you have the nerve to charge?

Ball's in your court. Either you Condemn the move away or you don'tr either way the media you so vigorously court the public and the membership you claim to represent deserve an answer!

WHAT IS IT SBT?

Resident troll LOL!!! Thanks for the response you have given me everything I needed to judge the situation.

Nonleagueherewecome

shmmeee

It's not a bad idea in principle, but far too convoluted and not specific enough to reach 100k

Should keep it simple like "Football club ownership to be controlled by law to ensure clubs are run in the interest of fans and the local community. All people with a stake in a football league club to be personally identifiable."

italiahorse

It was a petition from the paper - this is a NATIONAL e-petition.! Doubt it will pass, but SOMETHING neds to be done.

If anyone has a better idea fine - let's hear it. But don't forget it was the CET and NOT the trust that raised the petition! Which is odd when you consider they are supposedly fighting for the survival of the club!

I admire anyone who tries something.
The vast majority of fans just want to watch their team at the fantastic stadium called the Ricoh.
Good look if this achieves it.

Delboycov

A big factor for me personally is that it won't be IN Coventry...some may not mind if it's only a few miles away...I personally will. To have a ground outside the city is an insult to fans like myself who support Coventry for one main reason and that is that it represents the city I was born and am so proud to come from. As for your point about people complaining about the Ricoh I've got my own thoughts about that which I posted the other day:

The thing is, we don't need another ground! We've got a perfectly good one already in the city of Coventry, probably the best outside the Premier League and the envy of many so why build a ground outside the city with a small capacity and even smaller ambitions and chances to achieve anything?! I'm quite shocked at all those rubbing their hands with excitement at the prospect of spending years away from the city in order to build a stadium, which won't even be in Coventry, that only a 3rd division club could be proud of. Yes we are one at the moment but I've personally got hopes of far bigger and better things in the future under the right stewardship. Would you trust SISU to build a new stadium? I wouldn't trust them to look after my daughter's pet rabbit! For all those that say "I'll be glad to see the back of the Ricoh", what makes you so sure you'll like any new one, whenever and wherever it's built? What we need are new owners that will buy into our existing, perfectly adequate stadium so we don't have to start again in 3,4,probably more years. All people are doing is feeding this untrustworthy, fantasist's ego by even considering his preposterous plans.

Also if the big appetite for owning our own ground elsewhere is because we'll get all the revenue, then the question has to be asked...what feckin revenue? A hell of a lot less than what we're getting now no doubt, with even greater debt to our esteemed owners and no chance of getting revenue from things like Muse and other concerts and events in the future. That's something that a new owner with money and an actual plan could have us having at the Ricoh. What additional revenue streams would be available at a tin pot stadium, most likely somewhere in South Warwickshire?

Nonleagueherewecome

Well said Delboy. It's a permanent downsizing of the clubs potential. We become a Rotherham. At that point, the club is dead to me.

oakey

Delboy, I salute you.
An excellent summary. Those who see the so-called logic of a new stadium have accepted that CCFC is a nonentity with no history, no pride and no integrity. If it happens I'm done.
40 years of support and I feel like that is just being flushed down the toilet.

Delboycov

Thanks NLHWC and Oakey...I really am quite shocked that people are even entertaining the idea! Some even seem quite positive about it based on their dislike of the Ricoh...but as I said before, what guarantees are there they'll like this one any better? I certainly think it's preparing for a lifetime of anonymity at best and as has been said on here so often before.....be careful what you wish for!

quinn1971

Thanks NLHWC and Oakey...I really am quite shocked that people are even entertaining the idea! Some even seem quite positive about it based on their dislike of the Ricoh...but as I said before, what guarantees are there they'll like this one any better? I certainly think it's preparing for a lifetime of anonymity at best and as has been said on here so often before.....be careful what you wish for!

Never understood why some say the ricoh will never be our home.highfield rd was special but that was in the past.Wonder how many people who dont consider the ricoh as our home have joined the campaign to keep us there? I will just be happy to get back playing there.

oakey

Never understood why some say the ricoh will never be our home.highfield rd was special but that was in the past.Wonder how many people who dont consider the ricoh as our home have joined the campaign to keep us there? I will just be happy to get back playing there.
I have always had mixed feelings about the Ricoh but, right now, the thought of a home game there with SISU gone would be like I'd died and gone to Heaven.

Delboycov

I have always had mixed feelings about the Ricoh but, right now, the thought of a home game there with SISU gone would be like I'd died and gone to Heaven.

Exactly how I feel that...seems a million miles away right now though.

Paxman II

I also share your sentiment delboy but with mixed reservations I'm afraid because it is not that simple.
A mortgage payment on our own stadium build could be less than the rent we were paying at the Ricoh for simply having a renewable sub lease with no property rights what so ever and no prospect of income streams coming our way even if we purchase back the 50% share holding in ACL from the Higgs Charity. You really must understand the economics of what is in play here.
The model Fisher is proposing is a developing model stadium like the MK Dons unit and will easily and cheaply get added to as we achieve higher positions in the e league thus improving revenue further as we gain greater success. As a league 1 club now and a core following of some 12 to 15k then to start with a 15k seater seems wise with the benefit of quick additions. All the revenue and yes including shops, offices and other schemes will be ours and I see no reason to suppose concerts would not be held there too. I would not be surprised to see a supermarket involvement either. Perhaps the Bees would like to relocate and a simple cinder track added?
guys think outside the box a little. Brighton played miles away from their home during construction of their stadium? The Ricoh is on the outskirts of Coventry as it is but people come from all over the City.
I've said before and say it again the football club will not be sustainable without full income streams from the Ricoh arena and if we went back there under Haskell or anyone else what is their plan to change that? SISU tried and the council /ACL will not give those incomes up. A few quid from Compasses concessions is not what we are talking about here folks.
For us o stay at the Ricoh whoever is owner would be preferable but that can only happen if the football club negotiate some full income streams from the stadium and include some ownership (not lease). It will never work until it has that. The council must put a price on that and be willing to make that happen. Then there's no need to build a new stadium.

Users who are viewing this thread