Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Poland

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Switzerland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please State In Comment)

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
It's nearly here lads! After a whole month of no football, finally Euro 2016 is upon us. But who is taking home the trophy? This week on Sports Lounge we're having a little vote. So choose your favourite and leave a comment with your reasons behind choosing that country. Don't forget to tune in to Sports Lounge with Liam Cook, live from 10am this Thursday on 98.6 Hillz FM

Skyblueweeman

As a 35 year old Northern Irish man, I cannot tell you how excited I am to see us in our first tournament in decades. We were in the 82 and 86 WCs but I was a little young to remember that so for me, this is a first.

I'm gutted I didn't get any tickets but am so excited about the next few weeks. I expect we'll get tonked by Germany but we're on a good run of form (granted, not against the best sides in the world) but if we can get 4 points from Ukraine and Poland which is doable, then my Euros have been made.

I've had a fiver on Lafferty as top scorer...175/1....you never know!

torchomatic

I've just got RoI in the sweepstake so there's a £1 down the drain.

I think France will win but I would love one of the smaller teams to win; Wales, RoI, NI, Albania!

Skyblueweeman

I've just got RoI in the sweepstake so there's a £1 down the drain.

I think France will win but I would love one of the smaller teams to win; Wales, RoI, NI, Albania!

Previously, I would've told you to have a lie down Torch but Leicester won the PL so anythings possible! I think the gap between best/worst is smaller at International Level as well as opposed to domestic.

Whilst I cannot see us getting past the group stages (Germany really is our Final), Leicester have shown us anything is possible!

torchomatic

Previously, I would've told you to have a lie down Torch but Leicester won the PL so anythings possible! I think the gap between best/worst is smaller at International Level as well as opposed to domestic.

Whilst I cannot see us getting past the group stages (Germany really is our Final), Leicester have shown us anything is possible!

Exactly. I was even going to put a sly bet on Wales but they're only 80/1, rubbish odds. I really would like to see a smaller team win, like Greece did. I think it's good for football when something like that happens and as you say International football is even more unpredictable.

Bugsy

Just pulled northern Ireland out the bag then I hear the news lafferty has pulled out of training lol looks like I'm knackered

Skyblueweeman

Just pulled northern Ireland out the bag then I hear the news lafferty has pulled out of training lol looks like I'm knackered

Devo'd by this news (see above about my bet!). Hopefully he'll be ok after a couple of days rest.

Still got Will Grigg. On fire apparently.

Bugsy

Devo'd by this news (see above about my bet!). Hopefully he'll be ok after a couple of days rest.

Still got Will Grigg. On fire apparently.

There's a song in there somewhere lol

Hope so NI are the form team goin into the competition... C'mon Green army

chiefdave

What do we think of Englands chances? Personally I think we're far from the best team in it but our group is winnable.

Looking at the way its setup win the group and its a relatively easy run to the semi's. Get there and who knows what could happen.

Would be nice to have a bit of success. Supporting Cov and England is bloody depressing!

ajsccfc

We were solid quarter finallists under Sven and we've only got there once in the 10 years since, so I'd like at least to reach the last 8. Out on penalties once there, of course.

Sky Blue Kid

If we can get out of the group, we'll stand a chance off semi's, but realistically Germany or France to win it.

Monners

I support Ireland (Republic) and went to the last Euro's in Poland. Have decided to watch it on telly this time as we were shit! Best bet of the tournamet: Ireland not to score a goal @ 16/1

lifeskyblue

What do we think of Englands chances? Personally I think we're far from the best team in it but our group is winnable.

Looking at the way its setup win the group and its a relatively easy run to the semi's. Get there and who knows what could happen.

Would be nice to have a bit of success. Supporting Cov and England is bloody depressing!

England are hit or miss. We should win the group but I wouldn't be surprised if we finish third. If we win the group we could build momentum all the way...anything could happen in the knockout games.
Seriously our lack of real creativity in the middle and a defence that seems as weak at times as CCFCs last season worries me. Middle of the pack and not enough to challenge the likes of Spain, France and Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SBAndy

I've had £20 on France to win it with Giroud being top scorer. 25/1 is a very tasty price.

Si80

Can't see past the Germans to win it.
As for England. 2nd in the group would give us a better last 16 game I think rather than winning it (one of Austria, Hungary or Iceland instead of one of Spain, Croatia or Czech Republic).

stevefloyd

With that clown in charge we have no chance ...history is never usually wrong and we have been shit since 1970 only times we have done ok is when the managers had given their notices in so they for once managed on their own terms...gung ho if you like

Skyblueweeman

anyone watching the ireland game in a bit?

I will ISB. Working from home today so had the Spain match on in the background and will have the RoI on as well.

From a 'northerner'...good luck. Hopefully you have more attacking threat than we did yesterday against the Polskis.

Skyblueweeman

Hope the Republic win tonight. Thought Norn Iron were just a bit too cautious yesterday.

That was pretty standard performance for us to be fair. Possession football isn't something we're known for and we tend to sit back, soak it up and attack on the break. I thought after the first 10 though that we'd concede a few but we by and large defended well. We were poor going forward and our passing wasn't great.

We looked better with the change of formation in the 2nd half. Gutted that Davis didn't connect with the well worked free kick...need to beat Ukraine on Thursday to have any hope of progressing (assuming that we're getting a tonking of Ze Germans).

torchomatic

Otis

Why is Craig Bellamy saying England have to win against Wales on Thursday? Other pundits too.

That's bollocks isn't it? A draw is fine for us, though of course we should aim to win. Obviously a defeat would leave us on the brink of going out of the competition, but a draw on Thursday would leave us on 2 points. Then if we beat Slovakia we will finish the group on 5 points and that would most certainly take us through.

The word is that 4 points should take teams though and you have to remember 16 teams out of the 24 go through to the next round.

Not at all a must win for England and merely a must not lose.

chiefdave

They've been saying on TV teams could potentially even go through with 3 draws so its certainly not must win. Would be nice to win and not relying on the last game though.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread