Ex player scouting network (1 Viewer)

Otis

Billy Bell last night at the CCFC Film Night, announced that the Former Players Association had established a network whereby former City players would keep their eyes out for any unhidden gems on their travels and encounters.

18 ex City players covering all areas of the country. Billy did pretty much mention them all but I cannot recall all the names he read out.

I do remember John Hartson was one of the former players covering Wales for us and Ian Wallace was part of the team covering Scotland. Other players mentioned were Barry Powell covering the Midlands and Chris Cattlin covering the South.

Unfortunately my mind has gone blank after that, but what a great idea and boon to the club and to have a scouting network such as this can only be a very good thing for everyone involved with CCFC.

Well done Billy Bell for coordinating this.:claping hands:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
There's an article in the official site about this. Most of the former players are Scottish thouugh, so i think th Scouting may be isolated to North of the border.

Not ruling out there not being some gems up there though. I seen that first hand when watching Dundee United when up in Scotland. Although one of the players was reported to being tracked by Everton, so we've no chance with that one! There were still two i wouldn't mind signing though....

Otis

Nope, not just north of the border.

Bell said last night that we have ex players covering all parts of the country. Scotland, Wales, the North, the South and the Midlands. 18 ex City players in total.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Nope, not just north of the border.

Bell said last night that we have ex players covering all parts of the country. Scotland, Wales, the North, the South and the Midlands. 18 ex City players in total.

Fair enough. I just recognised the names listed as being Scottish. Is a good partnership to have though, as long as they don't identify dudd player after dudd player.....

Otis

Seems like they are just doing this through the kindness of their hearts though. Can't knock that.

Ex players covering the whole of the country for the benefit of Coventry City.

Billy Bell last night at the CCFC Film Night, announced that the Former Players Association had established a network whereby former City players would keep their eyes out for any unhidden gems on their travels and encounters.

18 ex City players covering all areas of the country. Billy did pretty much mention them all but I cannot recall all the names he read out.

I do remember John Hartson was one of the former players covering Wales for us and Ian Wallace was part of the team covering Scotland. Other players mentioned were Barry Powell covering the Midlands and Chris Cattlin covering the South.

Unfortunately my mind has gone blank after that, but what a great idea and boon to the club and to have a scouting network such as this can only be a very good thing for everyone involved with CCFC.

Well done Billy Bell for coordinating this.:claping hands:

Just curious OTIS - where were you sitting last night ??

Nonleagueherewecome

I bet Froggy is one of the Midlands ones. Watches quite a lot of matches for his media work.

Otis

Think you may be right.

Bell did name them last night but I have since forgotten.

Otis

I was at the end nearest the doors where Billy Bell was sitting, but on the seats against the wall. Was on my todd. I was the sophistacted, intelligent looking one. ;)

torchomatic

What a great idea. Hats off to whoever thought of this.

<ring ring>
"Hello, Steve Waggott."
"Steve, it Houch."
"Hey Houch, great to hear from you. How's it going?"
"Great thanks. I've just spotted this brilliant player we can't afford..."

Who knows we may get some gems this way. Look at some of the players we've picked up from the lower leagues over the years. And in Scotland too. I would expect a sizeable influx of Scots during the summer as SP no doubt has some favourites up there.

Users who are viewing this thread