Exit stratergy (1 Viewer)

Tonylinc

Is there one? The big prize has now gone and so what do the idiots do next? Do they know themselves? If this has been done before then I apologies but I want to know how they think that they can now get of the hole which they have dug for themselves.

Samo

Is there one? The big prize has now gone and so what do the idiots do next? Do they know
themselves? If this has been done before then I apologies but I want to know how they think that they can now get of the hole which they have dug for themselves.

There is only one way out that might, if they are very lucky, minimise losses. Its a roll of the dice called investment.

NorthernWisdom

Can you think of another way?

Slash costs - sell Ryton, sell any player worth any fee whatsoever, move out the Ricoh and go and play in a ground with cheaper running costs when we're in it.

Aim for cost neutral, and either hope for a miracle promotion or two, an idiot abroad to confuse us for Chelsea and spunk a fortune to buy us... or wind us up.

Terry Gibson's perm

Their answer seems to be build a new ground which will then give the club an asset when it's time to sell, but as the asset will cost more than £20 million to build can't really see that it's a great benefit as they will have shoved up the debt again.

Gint11

So basically we are royally fucked

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonylinc

Can you think of another way?
No I can't mate and that is my problem with them. I was hoping that someone could give me some idea what is in their heads but I guess none of us knows and doubt that they do either.

Terry Gibson's perm

Slash costs - sell Ryton, sell any player worth any fee whatsoever, move out the Ricoh and go and play in a ground with cheaper running costs when we're in it.

Aim for cost neutral, and either hope for a miracle promotion or two, an idiot abroad to confuse us for Chelsea and spunk a fortune to buy us... or wind us up.

We hear this sell Ryton a lot what do we think its worth, I haven't been there since I last played there and can't remember what it was like then

Samo

Any realistic suggestions?

Terry Gibson's perm

They have no strategy so they certainly don't have an exit one!

They must be hoping a mega rich mad man can come in and waste money paying them off, so they have no chance and we are stuck with them.

Samo

Seems pretty realistic to me to slash costs, sell everything, then wind us up...

Realistic if they are happy with losing tens of millions. Which may be the case, I don't know. But the ONLY possible way of coming out of this in the black. (albeit god knows how many years down the line) is investment.

The Philosopher

Only viable Exit Stratagy for SISU:

Sell / pass on the club to a Hoffman style consortium (ie someone who
Actually cares a little) for a £0 fee and a promissory contract (with no expiry date) that pays of the SISU debt off when CCFC reach Prem. (Let's say £5m when Champ is reached, and 50pc of remainder in Prem year 1, 50pc in year 2). This puts something in the investment column of SISU as a long return. "Investment figure" also accrues int at BoE rate. This is like GR's deal but GR's deal had an expiry date and therefore failed. There are some holes in the idea which could be plugged with various guarantee structures but I cannot be bothered to theorise further about those at the moment.

The other part of the jigsaw is the stadium, with SISU out and a Hoffman style backer in then Cov Council may be more inclined to allow a new, better suited (in terms of location and atmosphere) stadium to be built in the City limits. Shame the Cov Baths area is not big enough (if they are looking at building new baths elsewhere) - but you get the idea.

Only vaguely reallistic deal that I can think of for an exit strategy.

I now await the idea being pulled to shreds

fernandopartridge

Only viable Exit Stratagy for SISU:

Sell / pass on the club to a Hoffman style consortium (ie someone who
Actually cares a little) for a £0 fee and a promissory contract (with no expiry date) that pays of the SISU debt off when CCFC reach Prem. (Let's say £5m when Champ is reached, and 50pc of remainder in Prem year 1, 50pc in year 2). This puts something in the investment column of SISU as a long return. "Investment figure" also accrues int at BoE rate. This is like GR's deal but GR's deal had an expiry date and therefore failed. There are some holes in the idea which could be plugged with various guarantee structures but I cannot be bothered to theorise further about those at the moment.

The other part of the jigsaw is the stadium, with SISU out and a Hoffman style backer in then Cov Council may be more inclined to allow a new, better suited (in terms of location and atmosphere) stadium to be built in the City limits. Shame the Cov Baths area is not big enough (if they are looking at building new baths elsewhere) - but you get the idea.

Only vaguely reallistic deal that I can think of for an exit strategy.

I now await the idea being pulled to shreds

Not the same Hoffman who was instrumental in bringing SISU here?

The same one who wanted to close the club's Academy?

The same one who in this context hasn't got a pot to piss in?

The Philosopher

Not the same Hoffman who was instrumental in bringing SISU here?

The same one who wanted to close the club's Academy?

The same one who in this context hasn't got a pot to piss in?

Two things

1) the careful use if the phrase "Hoffman Style (ie someone who cares a bit - which I'm sure most people believe he does / did and most people have the good sense to know made a mistake out of trying to do good rather than malice)

Repeat Hoffman style - ie cares - not Hoffman

2) wait for idea to be pulled to shreds by some negative poster.

Star prize

NorthernWisdom

Couldn't you have used Poynton style/Robins style (hell, even Jamieson style!), just so we had a bit of feel-good?

Anyway, suspect the unimpeachable Mr. Robinson thought he'd got a good deal when he sold out to SISU... suspect he probably thinks differently now.

Not so sure debts left in a club on a promise are worth SISU's while selling out to.

The Philosopher

Couldn't you have used Poynton style/Robins style (hell, even Jamieson style!), just so we had a bit of feel-good?

Anyway, suspect the unimpeachable Mr. Robinson thought he'd got a good deal when he sold out to SISU... suspect he probably thinks differently now.

Not so sure debts left in a club on a promise are worth SISU's while selling out to.

Robinson made a mistake with his deal with the time expiry. Schoolboy error - the long deal in a family trust would have at least had a shred of hope.

SISU need to park their debt and the club needs to have them (SISU) distanced from them to get a land deal in the City

Anybody got a better idea?

Brighton Sky Blue

Robinson made a mistake with his deal with the time expiry. Schoolboy error - the long deal in a family trust would have at least had a shred of hope.

SISU need to park their debt and the club needs to have them (SISU) distanced from them to get a land deal in the City

Anybody got a better idea?

CCC can't refuse permission based on spite and getting funding from other sources isn't inconceivable. The biggest obstacle will be local residents, however if you go around Warwick Uni way, throw in extra facilities open to students, even get a collaboration with the academic side for things like sports science. Get the university's weight behind it and chances perhaps aren't so bad.

Gazolba

Is there one? The big prize has now gone and so what do the idiots do next? Do they know themselves? If this has been done before then I apologies but I want to know how they think that they can now get of the hole which they have dug for themselves.

They may not have given up on getting the Ricoh yet. Maybe they will wait and see how Wasps do. If Wasps in Coventry is a failure, maybe they can still get a stake in the Ricoh. If it's a success, maybe Wasps will buy CCFC rather than lose them as a valuable tenant. The other possibility is that SISU will just continue to make losses which will be used to offset profits elsewhere and thus reduce taxes.

The Philosopher

CCC can't refuse permission based on spite and getting funding from other sources isn't inconceivable. The biggest obstacle will be local residents, however if you go around Warwick Uni way, throw in extra facilities open to students, even get a collaboration with the academic side for things like sports science. Get the university's weight behind it and chances perhaps aren't so bad.

The Uni thing could work, yes I agree - good idea

Lefty Council have any spite towards "Big arrogant London Tory type Business SISU"? Of course not.

Is GR a Labour Politico with a grudge and possibly some influence? Of course not.

Was there a whiff of spite in the Wasps deal? Of course not.

Bottom line:

CCFC really do need to distance themselves from SISU. SISU need to park their debt in a basket of other debts - rather like Hedge Funds do.

The Philosopher

They may not have given up on getting the Ricoh yet. Maybe they will wait and see how Wasps do. If Wasps in Coventry is a failure, maybe they can still get a stake in the Ricoh. If it's a success, maybe Wasps will buy CCFC rather than lose them as a valuable tenant. The other possibility is that SISU will just continue to make losses which will be used to offset profits elsewhere and thus reduce taxes.

Wasps will always see CCFC as a competitor for the disposable income of Coventry sports fans, just like the NFL in USA see "Soccer" as a competitor. There is a rent income balance but let's say getting an extra 3000 fans (if CCFC went altogether) which may generate £500 per year each (£1.5 m) v say £300k rent and revenue streams (net of costs)...

Just totally made up figures btw but you get the idea

The second bit, no business wants any loss making arm, the tax gains never cover real world losses.

Intheknow

Wasps will always see CCFC as a competitor for the disposable income of Coventry sports fans, just like the NFL in USA see "Soccer" as a competitor. There is a rent income balance but let's say getting an extra 3000 fans (if CCFC went altogether) which may generate £500 per year each (£1.5 m) v say £300k rent and revenue streams (net of costs)...

Just totally made up figures btw but you get the idea

The second bit, no business wants any loss making arm, the tax gains never cover real world losses.

i really can't see there being competition in terms of sports fans between CCFC and Wasps, crossover will be minimal.

Users who are viewing this thread