Explosions at Manchester Arena (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Just seen this popup on the news.

Doesn't seem to be much known about it just yet but hopefully it isn't too serious!

Nick

Administrator
Shit :(

DAdyGWnXkAAvsWL.jpg

There was a video of people coming out, it didn't look like you would expect from an explosion as such.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Some people are saying a big balloon or speaker popped/exploded, others are saying mass murder.

At this point it is impossible to tell but the message given out by GM Police doesn't look good.

Nick

Administrator
Yeah, I saw about balloons and a speaker popping and thought hopefully it was something like that.

This is a bit random:

Nick

Administrator
Bomb disposal people going in :(

Loads of kids had gone without parents as well, don't think I am going to let my daughter leave the house.

Paul Anthony

Also reports of a second blast at Manchester Victoria station. Think I saw this as a confirmed update on twitter that it was in the station foyer.

Paul Anthony

Actually this has hit home a bit. 24 hours ago I was at the Maiden gig in Birmingham. Me and my mate went. He took a work bag in, and nobody on security stopped him to search it. It was given a very weak fondle, but at no point did anyone ask him to open it. That caught my attention quite a lot as given the climate we live in, I expected at least a pat down.

It does seem though that in this case, whatever happened occured outside the main arena, by the ticket office.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Also reports of armed police dragging somebody from a car.

Again, you don't know what to believe :(

Paul Anthony

Also reports of armed police dragging somebody from a car.

Again, you don't know what to believe :(

It's hard to get the full picture until Police can filter and confirm what actually happened. But, whatever happened, nobody should go to a concert and feel their life is in danger. It's an absolutely awful thing, but sadly it seems an inescapable consequence of the state of the world at the moment. I long for the day when shit like this doesn't happen anymore.

rob9872

19 dead 50 injured confirmed.

Many believed to be kids :(

RIP

Sick Boy

RIP to those who lost their lives and thoughts with those suffering from the horror they witnessed. What the fuck is wrong with some people?

Macca

RIP to those who lost their lives and thoughts with those suffering from the horror they witnessed. What the fuck is wrong with some people?

It's almost like the world is going backwards after centuries of progress. I hate to say it but it will change the way we live. Must be plenty of parents reassessing whether they want their children at certain events

Sick Boy

It's almost like the world is going backwards after centuries of progress. I hate to say it but it will change the way we live. Must be plenty of parents reassessing whether they want their children at certain events

No matter where you are, whether it is in the West or the Middle East, it is always innocent men, women and children affected by the actions of these people. It is very sad and depressing.

robbiekeane

Islamic Extremism, what's your point? If it turns out to be fucking Welsh nationalists then same goes. I don't want to live like this l, do you?
Why are you so aggressive? Why do I need to have a point when asking you to clarify who exactly the medieval cult was?

I thought we were doing everything we can to drive [Islamic extremism] from our shores already is all. Unless you were talking about something else

sw88

Chief Commentator!
What is the world coming to?!? Not that this kind of act is acceptable in any case, but whoever planned this clearly wanted to hit the headlines more than they have done before now.

A concert that will have had a high population of young kids is a new low!

Really can't see it getting any better anytime soon!

No one, least not young kids should go to, what for some may have been their first, live concert and it return home!

Users who are viewing this thread