Fan Sends A Fiver To A Player (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

A young Huddersfield Town fan found a fiver outside their stadium after their win over Man Utd on Saturday. His dad said as it wasn't his he must hand it in to the club. After some thought the nine year old decided to send it to his favourite player Aaron Mooy with a letter attached saying " well done on playing so well, you did great."
The player is going to meet up with him and the lad has been on Five Live explaining his gesture etc. Got me thinking who would you send a fiver to at our club,and why ?

rob9872

I wouldn't send a penny whilst SISU were in charge. In fact fair play to the dad for teaching his child in that way as I'd have told my daughter to put in her pocket - I'm not sure if that's my low moral fibre or we're just poorer than them!

If truth know it's probably either a publicity stunt, an attention seeking parent or they were playing the long game of send in £5 and get lots more back free from a rich Premier League player ... or I'm just a cynical old git!

:)

rob9872

Actually possibly trying to balance out their karma. Beating ManUre then finding cash, something bad would have happened to straighten things out :)

bringbackrattles

I wouldn't send a penny whilst SISU were in charge. In fact fair play to the dad for teaching his child in that way as I'd have told my daughter to put in her pocket - I'm not sure if that's my low moral fibre or we're just poorer than them!

If truth know it's probably either a publicity stunt, an attention seeking parent or they were playing the long game of send in £5 and get lots more back free from a rich Premier League player ... or I'm just a cynical old git!

:)
Seems a genuine story. Like you say that's good parenting, as I'd have probably told my lad at that age to keep it and get yourself some pop and crisps. I'd send a fiver to Robins and ask him to treat himself but only if he'll play Ponticelli on Saturday !

Terry Gibson's perm

I would save it and send to Beavon next time he scores so at the end of his contract I could just give it to charity instead

Users who are viewing this thread