Ffp (1 Viewer)

Porkchophill

Does anyone know when they start assessing the revenue streams for next season to determine what your budget is? Considering we are well into may and have no venue , or club shop to sell any merchandise including new kits with a sponsor or season tickets also if we are still not sure if the league share is in the same company as the players contracts how can they offset the playing budget with the league status is there a cut off point to when you have to declare your turnover ? And if so if new buyers come in to late will they have to wait till the transfer window to re new there budget ? Sorry if all this has been covered but I'm not sure how this works

Skyblueweeman

There was something mentioned by Clive Tyldsley on ITVs coverage of the UEFA Cup final last night that pretty much insinuated that there's a chance that FFP might not come into play due to some legality. That would be our luck...preparing for something that eventually doesn't happen though.

To be fair though....ITV and football simply don't go together. How Chiles hasn't been sacked...how Keane hasn't eaten Southgate, how ITV can still have a contract after it was the collapse of their digital station that sent football the way of implosion etc etc etc.

WM

georgehudson

good questions raised 'pch', i just hope that all those who wish that the club, go forward,
have all their facts ready for the legal fracas that seems imminent,
ms Seppala appears to be quiet @ the mo ?
i get the impression though, that if, a new & trusted owner came to the fore,
there would be a sizeable swing in the following of CCFC,
or AFC City of Coventry,
or City of Coventry AFC,
or Coventry Phoenix AFC,
or AFC Coventry City,
etc.,
etc.,

WFC

Kits and merchandise is an interesting one in terms of your revenue streams for next year. Not only is the entitlement to the golden share in dispute but this probably means there has to be some debate about who owns the IPR to the Coventry City FC name. The default legal position on IPR is that rights belong to the originator unless explicitly assigned. The rights to the name are a valuable asset which any administrator worth their salt would definitely claim title to. If this is with Ltd then although SISU in the guise of Holdings may be able to sell existing stock they would not be able to produce new merchandise e.g kits or use the name for any team they fielded without permission of Ltd for which the administrator should demand a fee to be fair to ALL creditors.

If the IPR is owned by holdings then anyone buying Ltd even if it had the golden share would not be able to use it either for playing or merchandise without paying them.

There is even a scenario unlikely as it may be where you might end up under new ownership but have to change your name. Just when you thought it couldn't get any more crazy ehh:facepalm:

Last edited:

Porkchophill

good questions raised 'pch', i just hope that all those who wish that the club, go forward,
have all their facts ready for the legal fracas that seems imminent,
ms Seppala appears to be quiet @ the mo ?
i get the impression though, that if, a new & trusted owner came to the fore,
there would be a sizeable swing in the following of CCFC,
or AFC City of Coventry,
or City of Coventry AFC,
or Coventry Phoenix AFC,
or AFC Coventry City,
etc.,
etc.,
Seems to be that times against us now and the longer this all drags on the better this is for sissu because the club will become less appealing to other potential investors . Sissu have all the access to re start ticketing and merchandising much quicker than someone new starting everything fresh

Users who are viewing this thread