Fifa 16 (1 Viewer)

skybluenewman

Just added Armstrong to my ultimate team. He is absolutely awesome, well above his card value. Just won the champions cup with him bagging 5 across all legs.

Any other tips of cheap good players from English leagues?

Samo

Are we back to overall scores for players now? Really pissed me off when they scrapped them for '14.

ccfc92

What is the Ultimate Team?

I haven't bought FIFA for years, want to get this years though.

I don't understand the packs etc? Reminds me of the panini sticker albums, and I'll get 11 Gary Breens in my ultimate team pack ;)

Nick

Administrator
It is a bit like that, you basically build your own team and play against other players for coins etc. If you get a pack you get a pack of say gold players where you could get some decent players (if not you sell them).

Nick

Administrator
It's an EA cash cow, and the one thing I dislike about FIFA.

Basically a card collection competition of who can spend the most real money, in a game.

I don't usually stick to it, I usually play for a month or so then get bored :(

I've never spent any real money on it though.

Mr pot

Fifa a game I've always bought and only ever used Coventry in seasons. I've never tried anything else

ccfc92

Out of interest, does anyone buy games like FIFA, COD on PC?

Just can't imagine playing them on a computer.

PC games are strictly FM, Age of Empires, Total War games etc for me :)

Playstation for FIFA, COD etc.

ajsccfc

Early impressions of this aren't great, control-wise it feels like it's just guessing what you're telling it to do at times.

Nick

Administrator
Getting into it a bit more now, got the hang of building up to score which is different to 15 as you need to be more patient. Tackling took a while to get used to as well.

Nathccfc

I have to agree Nick, I have to concentrate more and build up my play before scoring! It's a nice challenge actually!

ccfc92

Getting into it a bit more now, got the hang of building up to score which is different to 15 as you need to be more patient. Tackling took a while to get used to as well.

So, your keeper can't be your top scorer with 20+ goals a season anymore, with dribbles from box to box? :( ;)

AngryAnt

Out of interest, does anyone buy games like FIFA, COD on PC?

Just can't imagine playing them on a computer.

PC games are strictly FM, Age of Empires, Total War games etc for me :)

Playstation for FIFA, COD etc.

I do. PC graphics all the way, can't stand consoles and the last one I owned was an original Xbox.
I'd also refuse to buy things like xBox live and all that crap.

Buying a controller was the best investment I made in my PC. Allows me to play Fifa and some other games much easier. That said, FPS games are so much easier with a mouse.
PC also has perks like playing Beta's :) and not being dropped after 4 years.

So yeah, if anyone else plays FIFA on the PC, give me a shout. I mostly stick to the online pro with a few [Spanish] friends.

SlowerThanPlatt

This is the best FIFA yet IMO. Actually feels like a football game rather than an arcade game. Pace has been nullified too.

Nathccfc

I like the fact that you have to concentrate to play and that you can't just go and score. You have to pass and move and think about it

Nick

Administrator
Ultimate Team is a bit strange online, every season I hammer the first 4 or 5 games until I need a win for promotion. Then all of a sudden I get hammered in return and have to scrape through with draws or the odd win.

ajsccfc

Had a bigger go on this yesterday while off sick, I think the update has evened the gameplay out a little as it was a lot better than my first few goes. It still feels too loose and accidental at times, but I haven't been enraged by it like I was 15 yet.

skybluedan

I'm getting into it a lot more now the passes still sometimes a bit shit in the way little tap of the button and it don't go to your closest player and will go long and gets intervened but yeah it's getting better

ccfc92

Bought it last night after the Cov game :D

I do love it, but can't quite work out what's wrong with it. Like some have said, it feels accidental at times.

Idk if it's coincidence, but I was playing FIFA 12 (yes I know :facepalm:) on professional difficulty, and struggled, yet playing on FIFA 16 on professional difficulty, I find it quite easy to win?

I'm playing it on PS3 though, so idk if anyone else has it on ps3?

Users who are viewing this thread