Fisher is the problem (1 Viewer)

rupert_bear

Having listened to chairman Tim Fisher first this morning on Talk Sport and tonight on CWR in my opinion it is he that is the nub of the problem here and I think it is he the various protest groups and the CT should target and get out of our club, despite all that's going on he is still maintaining he is looking for a site to build a new stadium in fact discussing such a site almost as we speak. He has been here 5 years, about to appoint his eighth manager I think it is. I believe it is his policies that being set here that are just not working. Quiet clearly this morning talking to Jim White he separated himself from sisu, saying never come to games or are likely to do so is it a fair reflection to believe sisu are briefed by this man, a provern failure not only here at ccfc but while chairman at Charlton Athletic too. What is he telling them? I bet it isn't the loss of 50%+ of our fan base since the Northampton farce, I bet it isn't the farcicle 4 year contract given to Steve Pressley and paid up after just a year or the promised to invest a portion of transfer fees received towards the squad. I have to ask are these fees masking the financial truth he's telling them ? We need a change of direction and that doesn't mean being daft moneywise, we should imo put pressure on Joy Sepalla that if she insists she's not selling up the least she needs to do is remove this incompetent from his post. He's burnt his bridges and nobody trusts him anymore and she should also ask is it Fisher frightening investors away. he's got to go !!

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Fisher's job is to balance the books - end of . Whichever division we are in in matters not. Where we play doesn't matter. What the supporters think doesn't matter.

Ian1779

I agree - a change in that position is vital if they are ever going to engage the fan base.

When you strip away hatred of him and SISU they've pretty much said that we have to pay for ourselves. If we were to be taken over by a fans group this would not be a dissimilar scenario.

Jimmy Hill's Chin

He's been charged by SISU with two things 1. to balance the books by cost-cutting to a point where the club is a shambles both on and off the pitch and 2. be the messenger to say the things no-one else has the guts to say. This is where his personality helps SISU clearly he isn't someone who wants to be liked and is prepared to take the abuse and the brickbats - if anything he appears to get a strange kick out of it.

In short the problem isn't Fisher, it's SISU - all of these issues stem from the fact that they are unprepared to invest in the right areas ie the team, professional people on and off the pitch but they are happy to exhaust a seemingly bottomless pit of money on court cases destined to fail. Fisher even spoke of SISU appealing to the European Court of Justice which would cost millions.

ecky

I agree - a change in that position is vital if they are ever going to engage the fan base.

When you strip away hatred of him and SISU they've pretty much said that we have to pay for ourselves. If we were to be taken over by a fans group this would not be a dissimilar scenario.

I THINK THE FANBASE WOULD INCREASE UNDER A NEW OWNER AND MANAGEMENT TEAM

Ian1779

I THINK THE FANBASE WOULD INCREASE UNDER A NEW OWNER AND MANAGEMENT TEAM

Quite possibly... but it's paying the bills in the off-season, securing players on long term contracts and investment to push forward that will be the biggest challenge.

tisza

I'm actually with JHC on this.
Fisher isn't the problem - he's the public persona of it.
There's another thread going about what would you do if you became Chairman. Answer not a fat lot if you have zero support from the owners.
It does actually surprise that the owners haven't sacked him in order to create a scapegoat and try and buy themselves more time.
He has acknowledged on many occasions that communication with the supporters is an area that needs putting right but when there's only bad news what can you do.
His problem is that (for all his protestations and claims he doesn't work for them) he is the public face of SISU as far as everyone is concerned. It is difficult to be believe his assertations that he doesn't always know what SISU's plans are e.g. court cases, club for sale etc.

skybluepm2

Wholeheartedly agree with targeting removal of Fisher. He is in the role as he gives no fucks, can take any abuse and bullshit his way out of anything. Whether people believe him is irrelevant. Couldn't believe what I was hearing tonight. He has been an unmitigated disayasywe since day one yet seems oblivious that all of this is on his watch. Continues to talk about 'starting again', 'we will communicate better', 'wait until the new manager comes in and subsequent transfer window'. What about the past 10 you fat wanker?! Mark Penus is brave for stepping in?! He wanted the job just a few weeks ago, let's not make out that he's done us a favour. We've lost 6 league games in a row and been humiliated in the FA cup.

Having the audacity to say we would be worse off without him was the final straw for me!

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Why is Fisher still in the job whereas Ranson, Dulieu, Igwe, Clouting, Clarke, Anderson, Brody all been and gone? The answer is he's the only one who has personally been willing to follow through SISU's orders without baulking. My concern is if he goes they will replace him with someone as bad or possibly worse. He's just the bean-counter and the messenger - to paraphrase the Nazis at Nuremburg he's following orders.

Sub

fisher has declared war on the fans he is using the club and threatening the fans with not being able to move in with CRFC (if we ever were going to) and no investment and selling players.
He is a low life scum of a person who thinks his threats will have a positive effect. Protest and protest and not going to games is the only way i can see the war being won. If people still choose to go that is their choice and they shouldnt be slated for that. The way i see it, the future of our club and the existance of our club is something the fans have to win and if playing dirty is the way to do it so be it . If getting fine after fine by protesting is the way to do it so be it. We will be in the headlines and the FA will have to do something eventually IMHO

stevefloyd

Dont forget when singing sisu out to add fisher is a c**t and also needs to go..

He blamed the fans for losing a deal at the bpa.. he is full of shit... he is a top management clown... they can lie with blank faces..
I think he was trying to bluff and that the pitch invasion has hurt shitsu more than he let on they are an embarrassment to the history of football never mind to Ccfc... keep up the protests but make it fucking uncomfortable for that dick at home or away by singing insults at the bastard...lets see how thick his skin is then

hutch1972

TF has stated in the recent past that he doesn't actually get paid for his role as chairman , last night he said again that he is not working for sisu.
If these are both true statements, then what the hell is he doing here ?
The fact he has other business outside of ccfc which needs his attention makes it even more confusing.
Whatever the answers are he is following orders and made it very clear about breaking even by any means , 1 mill profit in league 1 or £10 profit in the evostick , they don't care.

rupert_bear

If that's the case and he doesn't get actually paid by sisu then does he get a percentage on player sales like a salesman bonus for example or is he chairman of a football club a hobby.

rupert_bear

Well people like Tim Fisher don't work for free so if he isn't actually paid he makes money by other means transfer fees being an obvious one it is extra income after all. If true I hope that doesn't include all directors one of which is the team manager.

JonSilletBang

Southampton sing - "we're coming for you! we're coming for youuuuuuuuu! you dirty skate bastards! we're coming for you!
(When insulting/threatening Pompey fans)

Change the "dirty skate bastards" to "fat c**t Tim Fisher"...

Might annoy him somewhat... :woot:

Irish Sky Blue

Fisher's job is to balance the books - end of . Whichever division we are in in matters not. Where we play doesn't matter. What the supporters think doesn't matter.

I hate the term "customers" when used for football fans but in this case I think it works well. If Fisher was in charge of a restaurant, let's call it Tim's Cafe, the following seems to be his recipe (pun intended) for success. The Cafe is losing money, the customers complain about the service, the quality of the food and the standard to which it is cooked. Some customers don't come back. The Cafe is losing more money. Tim cuts back on staff, reduces the quality of the food and employs a less qualified chef. Customers complain about what they are getting for their money. Tim explains to them that he has to do this because the Cafe is losing money and that that is the fault of the customers not coming. Less people come so Tim cuts costs again. Long standing customers complain and tell Tim that unless things improve soon they will not be coming back. Tim puts on his sincere voice and tells them that he is sorry to hear that they intend to eat at home from now on. However, he patiently explains to them that if they do not return he will have to cut costs again, implying it will be their fault that he cannot afford to properly clean the cutlery and will have to replace any broken crockery with paper plates.
Tim calls fans "customers" while knowing all of the time that people have an emotional investment in their football club that they don't have in a restaurant or a supermarket. He is using a form of emotional blackmail, " Don't come and you will be killing the thing you love, this club." He absolves himself from all responsibility, "It is the fans fault this club is going down the pan, not mine". As others have said on here, the reality probably is that he knows exactly what he is doing. Attendances falling away, floundering team do not bother him. Break even is all, whether that is League One or National North. The question still remains as to why they would be content to simply allow a business of theirs to be simply run into the ground?

Irish Sky Blue

I hate the term "customers" when used for football fans but in this case I think it works well. If Fisher was in charge of a restaurant, let's call it Tim's Cafe, the following seems to be his recipe (pun intended) for success. The Cafe is losing money, the customers complain about the service, the quality of the food and the standard to which it is cooked. Some customers don't come back. The Cafe is losing more money. Tim cuts back on staff, reduces the quality of the food and employs a less qualified chef. Customers complain about what they are getting for their money. Tim explains to them that he has to do this because the Cafe is losing money and that that is the fault of the customers not coming. Less people come so Tim cuts costs again. Long standing customers complain and tell Tim that unless things improve soon they will not be coming back. Tim puts on his sincere voice and tells them that he is sorry to hear that they intend to eat at home from now on. However, he patiently explains to them that if they do not return he will have to cut costs again, implying it will be their fault that he cannot afford to properly clean the cutlery and will have to replace any broken crockery with paper plates.
Tim calls fans "customers" while knowing all of the time that people have an emotional investment in their football club that they don't have in a restaurant or a supermarket. He is using a form of emotional blackmail, " Don't come and you will be killing the thing you love, this club." He absolves himself from all responsibility, "It is the fans fault this club is going down the pan, not mine". As others have said on here, the reality probably is that he knows exactly what he is doing. Attendances falling away, floundering team do not bother him. Break even is all, whether that is League One or National North. The question still remains as to why they would be content to simply allow a business of theirs to be simply run into the ground?

And he does all of this, takes all of the flak for no money, why?

Jimmy Hill's Chin

Great post. On your last point, as I have said before I'm convinced their only motivation is pure spite and total contempt for fans, former players and anyone else associated with the club's history. The club has been hijacked by people who at best simply don't have its best interests at heart and at worst actively wish the club harm. This is why the FA should have stepped in.

Warwickhunt

He's the main villain largely because everyone else hasn't lasted long and it was a few years before anyone even knew what Sepalla looked like at a Halloween party, so part of me thinks if he went the celebrations would last as long as it takes any successor of his to bullshit their way to a catchy nickname.
I agree with your sentiments that Fisher has become poisonous figure to the supporters trouble is they would bring in someone else who will have the same remit as Fisher and give a year would be in the exact same position that's why Anderson buggered off he knew that without investment we cannot move forward as a club

torchomatic

I don't think Fisher is the problem, SISU are. If Fisher walked they would just get someone else in to run us at breakeven.

torchomatic

You are probably correct torch but ccfc are working to the way he thinks we should a new guy might see things and do things a bit differently.

A change is as good as a rest, I suppose.

stupot07

MV having board meetings on his own.

Item 1 - Football
Item 2 - Football, that's what i do
AOB - None, I only do football
a614c656ab47bd036fced8a274c70913.gif

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Voice_of_Reason

This post should be published in the CET, emailed to the FA, Tim Fisher.

JulianDarbyFTW

I've just listened to it, and I have to say I'm torn on what to think.

If the owners have actually told him that the club must break-even or it will be extinguished, then what choice does he have? If we go down to League Two to survive, then that is better than having no club. But if we then spend the next decade flirting with the Vauxhall Conference or whatever it's called nowadays, but the club survives, is that better or worse than the alternative? What is a football club without hope? Without even a remote chance of success, isn't it all just pointless? And that is why I'm torn. I actually believe him on this particular point, and it hurts to think that it is really as black and white as that.

Irish Sky Blue

I've just listened to it, and I have to say I'm torn on what to think.

If the owners have actually told him that the club must break-even or it will be extinguished, then what choice does he have? If we go down to League Two to survive, then that is better than having no club. But if we then spend the next decade flirting with the Vauxhall Conference or whatever it's called nowadays, but the club survives, is that better or worse than the alternative? What is a football club without hope? Without even a remote chance of success, isn't it all just pointless? And that is why I'm torn. I actually believe him on this particular point, and it hurts to think that it is really as black and white as that.

He constantly gives misinformation and half truths, constantly contradicts himself. It is hard to know sometimes what the real situation is. He was asked point blank yesterday if the club is for sale, he said no. Yet he was also saying how the club is a good investment for potential buyers.

chiefdave

I don't think Fisher is the problem, SISU are. If Fisher walked they would just get someone else in to run us at breakeven.
That's the problem isn't it. Someone else has to come in and operate under the same restrictions. Look who else we've had. Are Orange Ken, Labovich or Anderson a better option?

westofrayne

And he does all of this, takes all of the flak for no money, why?

He has said he does not take a salary, but what is his final bonus when he achieves the aim of SISU for the club of:

1. Breaking even
2. Making a profit

Hedge funds and the like always look to cut cost/staff to reduce losses and their aim is to break even or make profit before getting rid, my guess is Tim is on a bonus scheme for turning round the club to break even then profit. Hence not taking a salary but on a nice bonus once aims have been achieved.

Like it or not he will achieve this, its simple for short/medium term, cut,cut,cut and more cuts will achieve the aims, but kill the busimess in the long term, my guess is Tim and SISU won't be around when the life support machine is turned off.

Users who are viewing this thread