Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Fisher Plans To Move Jimmy Hill Statue

You will get rid of SISU in the next few years unfortunately the club will go down with them due to this stupid plan.
The best we can hope for is that we are still in existence when we come back to Coventry.
The good news is the Ricoh will still be there but no way will there be a new stadium.
Don,t give them the benefit of going along with thre plan.
One day the Football stadium part of the Ricoh complex WILL be owned by the Club at the right price for all parties.
 
You will get rid of SISU in the next few years unfortunately the club will go down with them due to this stupid plan.
The best we can hope for is that we are still in existence when we come back to Coventry.
The good news is the Ricoh will still be there but no way will there be a new stadium.
Don,t give them the benefit of going along with thre plan.
One day the Football stadium part of the Ricoh complex WILL be owned by the Club at the right price for all parties.

We just have to believe this, it all seems so far away and this is a bad dream but we just have to keep the faith.
 
How can you move a statue?

Cut it down, put it in a back of a van?
 
isn't it funny how people are like ohhhh I hate the Ricoh, now they don't wanna leave :whistle:

Most people who say they hate the Ricoh say it purely because it's not Highfield Road...neither will a tin pot 8,000 capacity ground outside the city that gave our once proud club it's name be so I think they'll hate that even more.
 
surely that is vandalisum.
It's like me going to Trafalgar Square and taking the statue there,just because i'm called Nelson.

Nelson deanocity3 doesn't sound right though?
 
I think anybody that has a brick or that have been involved with the garden should request things stay as is. With this in mind the fight is around a statue and to be fair if this is all they can talk about at the moment then god help is. I despise these people I really do.
 
Most people who say they hate the Ricoh say it purely because it's not Highfield Road...neither will a tin pot 8,000 capacity ground outside the city that gave our once proud club it's name so I think they'll hate that even more.

Exactly. I'm not saying I prefer the Ricoh. I'd prefer to be at HR. But it's gone now, you could drive by without knowing it's there. So the Ricoh is now our home, wether we like it or not, so lets defend our home.
 
Exactly. I'm not saying I prefer the Ricoh. I'd prefer to be at HR. But it's gone now, you could drive by without knowing it's there. So the Ricoh is now our home, wether we like it or not, so lets defend our home.

I couldn't agree more....
 
I want that 60 quid back if the bricks moved.
 
My brick is not going to the Fiher shed no way they do not own it or the statue have they asked families whose loved ones ashes are at the Ricoh NO.they dont care if you want a fight Fisher you are going the right way about it

I thought the club own the Jimmy Hill and the bricks?

Only the Garden of Rememberance being moved is wrong even if the club 'own' it.
 
I thought the club own the Jimmy Hill and the bricks?

Only the Garden of Rememberance being moved is wrong even if the club 'own' it.

remember what fisher said that they had left the ricoh,you can't then go back and take things that you say you don't own and never did.
if he takes one brick it is classed as theft.
 
What's his next plan to go round all Coventry schools and issue free Man Utd and Liverpool shirts. Twat.
 
I think the club owns the statue

If we are to leave the Ricoh I don't know why people would want to leave there name stamped on a brick at an entertainment arena that would have nothing to do with the club.
Holdings or LTD??
 
It's the same with a grave,if you moved away you wouldn't dig the grave up and take it with you,
The bricks are like a final resting place for the people who followed our great club,and should be left where they are.
 
Hi everyone, from Sunny Mallorca!!! I lasted barely a day without posting... But felt I should contribute. At the risk of abuse and tales of allegiance... In all fairness, have ACL got any claim on Jimmy? I'm not sure they do. SISU raised the cash, commissioned and erected it. Why shouldn't they claim it for the proposed new ground?
 
Stop talking sense and get back to your Sangria.
 
My brick at the Ricoh belongs to me and not that dick. If he want to move my brick he can feck off. I paid to have it at the Ricoh not his dreamworld stadium.
 
Nobody wants a new stadium :facepalm:
People like you making it out as a feasible option piss me off

Let me remind you that we have had no stadium since leaving Highfield Road so what's wrong with wanting one of our own?
The Ricoh is a council owned bowl with no atmosphere and hated according to many on here and we don't own it - its not ours!
That's my point, I welcome a chance at having a stadium of our own, not on loan.
Now IF we could make the Ricoh our own and actually own it outright or at least secure some ownership or a new 99 year lease and all income streams of it then that would be equally welcomed.

I'm not backing SISU's plan I'm merely pointing out the logic.
 
Let me remind you that we have had no stadium since leaving Highfield Road so what's wrong with wanting one of our own?
The Ricoh is a council owned bowl with no atmosphere and hated according to many on here and we don't own it - its not ours!
That's my point, I welcome a chance at having a stadium of our own, not on loan.
Now IF we could make the Ricoh our own and actually own it outright or at least secure some ownership or a new 99 year lease and all income streams of it then that would be equally welcomed.

I'm not backing SISU's plan I'm merely pointing out the logic.

Any new stadium will be owned by sisu and rented to CCFC to pay back build costs

With much lower crowds/income in 3 years time we won't be able to afford the rent, so lets just stop paying......................... hang on

The figures don't stack up financially unworkable and no business plan on these lines would get investment
 
Hi everyone, from Sunny Mallorca!!! I lasted barely a day without posting... But felt I should contribute. At the risk of abuse and tales of allegiance... In all fairness, have ACL got any claim on Jimmy? I'm not sure they do. SISU raised the cash, commissioned and erected it. Why shouldn't they claim it for the proposed new ground?

I thought the former players and supporters raised the cash for the statue
.
 
Let me remind you that we have had no stadium since leaving Highfield Road so what's wrong with wanting one of our own?
The Ricoh is a council owned bowl with no atmosphere and hated according to many on here and we don't own it - its not ours!
That's my point, I welcome a chance at having a stadium of our own, not on loan.
Now IF we could make the Ricoh our own and actually own it outright or at least secure some ownership or a new 99 year lease and all income streams of it then that would be equally welcomed.

I'm not backing SISU's plan I'm merely pointing out the logic.

Didn't own Highfield road either for the last year or two. I'm not sure that if Timmy's plan came true the club would own that. It would probably be a fund on some distant island.
 
I thought that a lot on here didn't like the Ricoh, now suddenly it is our sacred home?

Whatever happens the club needs to own a stadium with all money being invested in the club, sadly with any investor this probably won't happen.
 
Well if we have a new home that is actually ours then Jimmy Hill will belong there won't he and not at a council owned stadium secured only on a lease?[/QUOTE)

Are you for real?
As soon as it was put there it (the place) began to have significance for many. JH was there the day it was unveiled. THERE! Not somewhere else, which in any case only exists in the figment of a delusion wrapped in a lie.
Tosser
 
I thought that a lot on here didn't like the Ricoh, now suddenly it is our sacred home?
Haha, home is where your heart is.
As people acquire memories, they stack up and before you know it its like an old friend.
 
Haha, home is where your heart is.
As people acquire memories, they stack up and before you know it its like an old friend.

The memories of the Ricoh would surely make you see it as someone you look to avoid as much as possible.

I am sure it would be the same if an investor bought the club and announced they were looking to build a new stadium as well to benefit the club. Hopefully it will be the end of that dreadful 'take me home' song anyway.
 
Let me remind you that we have had no stadium since leaving Highfield Road so what's wrong with wanting one of our own?
The Ricoh is a council owned bowl with no atmosphere and hated according to many on here and we don't own it - its not ours!
That's my point, I welcome a chance at having a stadium of our own, not on loan.
Now IF we could make the Ricoh our own and actually own it outright or at least secure some ownership or a new 99 year lease and all income streams of it then that would be equally welcomed.

I'm not backing SISU's plan I'm merely pointing out the logic.

What? Logic based on a fairy story cooked up by a loon who works for nobody anyone knows who make money by shifting monies off shore.
Oh dear, and he talks about logic.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom