Football Manager 15 (1 Viewer)

woody11462

Anybody else invested in this year's game? How you getting on? *cue obligatory 'don't give a shit' comments from those that don't play the game.

Skyblueweeman

Not bought it this year. Thought it's gone down hill in the past couple of years as well. Hitting mid-thirties so bought a second hand PS3 and now take enjoyment from winding up Yanks and French kids on CoD #midlifecrisis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathccfc

Its very different as in the interface and it takes a while to get used to it. However, I enjoy it just as much as previous years, also it gives me a lot more enjoyment than than the real team at the moment! Sitting at the top of the tree just coming up to January, however just about to lose Nouble and McQuoid! Both top scorers, struggling to renew there loans! Had to tinker my tactic a hell of a lot of times to find a winning formula! Now I have made one, which currently has produced a lot of goals; top scorers in the league and top of the league :) the press conferences aren't as repetitive either, seems to mix it up about now!

ccfcway

got last years. Decided to pack it in when i thought it had becomes completely unrealistic.

The final straw was the "your club has decided to drop its court battle with the local council"

as if !

ajsccfc

I was doing great and then there was a hotfix last week that saw my formation completely stop working.

Covstu

it got too complex for me, i just enjoyed buying a few players here and there and tinckering with formations etc... hated the scouting system of the last one.

ajsccfc

I followed up promotion with a Championship campaign worse than Andy Thorn managed, so in a fit of pique I've replaced 90% of the squad in one summer.

q1pJKgT.png

woody11462

Its very different as in the interface and it takes a while to get used to it. However, I enjoy it just as much as previous years, also it gives me a lot more enjoyment than than the real team at the moment! Sitting at the top of the tree just coming up to January, however just about to lose Nouble and McQuoid! Both top scorers, struggling to renew there loans! Had to tinker my tactic a hell of a lot of times to find a winning formula! Now I have made one, which currently has produced a lot of goals; top scorers in the league and top of the league :) the press conferences aren't as repetitive either, seems to mix it up about now!

I had the same problem, lost Nouble of McQuiod as well as Alsop and the other loanees. Parent clubs wanted more wage contribution to extend the deals but depsite me saving tons of money (I offered the squad players new contracts and they only asked for half their current wages!) I couldn't afford to extend them. Was top at Xmas and plummeted after that but finished 7th in the end. Jackson top scorer in division with 24 goals i think. Fleck and Thomas also had very good seaosn but Fleck left for Stoke. Released a few others such as Webster and had massive squad shake up over the summer.

Second season started poorly. Brought in Maghoma & Madine from Sheff Wed, Owen Garvan and John Swift as well as a load of loans that are doing well. Fredericks from Spurs, Vuckic from Newcastle, Nugent from Cardiff and others. Currently top after 22 games, just beat Sheff Wed to go top. Best players are Willis, Thomas and Maghoma. Jackson not quite doing it this season but has got 10 goals so far.

Terry Gibson's perm

I followed up promotion with a Championship campaign worse than Andy Thorn managed, so in a fit of pique I've replaced 90% of the squad in one summer.

q1pJKgT.png

It's not true to life then as you are buying players and half the squad aren't loans.

scroobiustom

Having had fm15 for few months I think its the worst one yet, its like they have tried to do to much on this one,

might go back to 14...I'm curious as to other peoples thinking?

Maaaaaardy

Having had fm15 for few months I think its the worst one yet, its like they have tried to do to much on this one,

might go back to 14...I'm curious as to other peoples thinking?

FM14 was the worst FM ever, by a long distance. The engine was broken beyond belief, you couldn't stop goals, at least they patched it at this edition.

stupot07

So.....it it worth getting? I haven't played it for a fair few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ajsccfc

Assuming you enjoyed it when you last played, I'd say so. It never veers too far from the formula, just adds and tweaks it each year.

woody11462

New update out for squads on football manager. Up to the transfers on deadline day which means no Stokes or the German striker from Brentford but bizarrely Domonic Samuel is still at Reading. When did he move?

woody11462

Started a game with the mid season updates. Has added Cole, Rose,Lorentzson, Ramage and Henderson to our ranks as well as the loans Cargill, Stephens and Bigi. After 36 games I'm currently 2nd with a game in hand that would send me top but in Mowbray-esk fashion I was top after 11 games and at one point I managed to get a 13 point gap to 2nd but that is well and truly gone now. I haven't won a game in the league in 9 games but somehow I've made it to the semi final of the FA cup where I'm playing Spurs. I've knocked out Bournmouth, Birmingham and Brighton. I would have been playing Chelsea in the quarters but Brighton managed to beat them in their replay. I've released Tudgay and Hunt and Sold MAF for 14k. Only brought in Mamadou Niang on a free but had a couple of loans such as Arrons from Newcastle and Clarke-Harris to plug the gaps left up front.

Playing 4-2-3-1 and Job has been player of the season by a mile so far. Started him in midfield as a box to box player but now playing wide right as an inside forward as Bigi is playing superb in the central role. He's bagged 16 goals with Armstrong on 14 and Fleck on 12. Desperately need promotion this year but if I keep losing I won't even make the playoffs. Sound familiar???

covcity4life

got fm 2016 last night, will start a cov league today

so far it seems much harder than before,nothing seems to work

i plan to use a 253 guardiola formation now, its gonna get embrassing!

Terry Gibson's perm

played Wigan first game of the season won 3v1 arma hat trick my new goalie Scott Flinders played well, I played trusty old 442 take note TM, sold Job for about 900k

woody11462

Gutted, after leading the league at a canter for half the season I finished 4th and got knocked out of the playoffs by Bury 5-4 on aggregate to a last minute goal. Spurs beat me in the FA cup semi but did win the Johnson Paint Trophy against Bradford.

skybluegod

TBH it is the worst of the FM's I've bought, in terms of game play its very scripted, go on a good run, then after one loss, you lose 10 until you win one then go on a little run. FM really hasn't improved much since FM13 except for it's new look and a couple of extra game types.

woody11462

I'm 12 games in to my second season and I'm top of the league by one point with a game in hand. Massive turn around of players, out went Ricketts, Ramage, Martin, Albini, Addai and Phillips and Cole and Henderson retired.

Renwed the loans of Armstorng, Murphy, Bigi, Cargill and Stephens, Maddison and Aarons. Brought in Boadu, Garcia and Fernandes from Man City Youth team of frees. Also on a free picked up Curtis Nelson and Ruben Reid from Plymouth, Callum Camps, John Egan, Ken McEvoy, Reece Wabara, Kieron Richardson, Danny O'Brien, Ashley Fletcher, Callum Harriot, Connor Salmon and Christian Alfonso and about to bring in Danny Graham. Camps and Wabara have been very good signings so far.

Armstorng is top scorer with 6, O'Brien is on 5 and Murphy on 4.

woody11462

Also signed Ben Garratt from Crewe as my new keeper. Did have Bentley from Southend about to join but Middlesbrough swopped last minute

ajsccfc

Currently in the 2022/23 season as Cov and the squad vs coaches friendly match would be a bit tasty:

siNDGM8.png

covcity4life

well i missed out on autos in first season because i failed to win my final home game of season

won playoff semi on pens

then in final i was losing 1 nil to outhend with 20 to go so went gung ho and tudgays cored in 88th min

then i went defensive again in ET till gung ho again for fial 5 mins, JOB scored in 120th miN!!!!!! but then southend scored in 121st! so gutted

however one final twist, i won pens after both teams missed earlier pens, burge was the hero!

now in championship in m,y 2nd season and 2nd from bottom. 8 new players in but just cant win a game,especially at home

steve82

Anyone use this on the iPhone/iPad? Cannot for the life of me get it to save in iCloud so I can switch devices. Used it on previous games but not this years

covcity4life

Who did you sign? Still use fm 2012, is 16 worth it?

noone pretty much, the existing squad is more than good enough. i played leicester city counter attack for most of season,armstrong did the vardy role well and stephen hunt was ace lol

2nd season i got to do what mowbray will do this season, got like 9 new players in all on free transfers and a few loans i extended

still didnt strop me bing sacked in february of next season in champinship 8 pts adrift 2nd from bottonm

the game is way too hard and i havnt touched it in a while now. i dont know if its because my squad was weak for championship or if its the game to be fair. but even in league one counter was only way i could win really, i had poor home record when i took the game to opposition.

download it from steam and play 1.5 hours. you can return it if you dont like it.

skybluegod

noone pretty much, the existing squad is more than good enough. i played leicester city counter attack for most of season,armstrong did the vardy role well and stephen hunt was ace lol

2nd season i got to do what mowbray will do this season, got like 9 new players in all on free transfers and a few loans i extended

still didnt strop me bing sacked in february of next season in champinship 8 pts adrift 2nd from bottonm

the game is way too hard and i havnt touched it in a while now. i dont know if its because my squad was weak for championship or if its the game to be fair. but even in league one counter was only way i could win really, i had poor home record when i took the game to opposition.

download it from steam and play 1.5 hours. you can return it if you dont like it.

I think the match engine is poor- Can win 10 games in a row, then after one loss, it's lose 12, then after a draw and a win, it's another solid run of 8 wins etc.

Managed to get promoted as runners up in first season- then had a massive overhaul- released majority of players, and replaced the whole defence bar Reda. Armstorng and bigi on loan again, and then Callum harriot and Caolon lavery on free transfers. Along with Juke back for 100k. managed to finish 13th.

Another big overhaul the next summer, with a few foreign players in, Ryan allsop in goal, new left back and right back (liam shephard from swansea) and Armstrong on loan again. Along with bigi on a free. Got promoted as runners up again.

covcity4life

I think the match engine is poor- Can win 10 games in a row, then after one loss, it's lose 12, then after a draw and a win, it's another solid run of 8 wins etc.

Managed to get promoted as runners up in first season- then had a massive overhaul- released majority of players, and replaced the whole defence bar Reda. Armstorng and bigi on loan again, and then Callum harriot and Caolon lavery on free transfers. Along with Juke back for 100k. managed to finish 13th.

Another big overhaul the next summer, with a few foreign players in, Ryan allsop in goal, new left back and right back (liam shephard from swansea) and Armstrong on loan again. Along with bigi on a free. Got promoted as runners up again.

me too! freaky!

i also got egan from gillingham and joe dordon at lb.mark duffy from burton. bjarni gudjonson from wolves for a fee

tbh now im talking about it i am gonna add myself as cov manager again lol. i know thats poor form but i think this squad should get promoted as champions from league 1 next year

but yeah the runs of W and L is silly and i hope they patch it

Users who are viewing this thread