Football Manager Threads? (1 Viewer)

WilloVsToon

Hi all,

Just to ask if there has been or if people feel any want for a Football Manager thread?

I'm a keen FM player and always play as Cov. My Graphics card has gone a bit funny so when the fictional youth players come into the game they appear as just haircuts. (See attachment) Quite a low quality image but zooming in helps...
The year is 2015....managed to survive relegation from the promised land 2 seasons running blah blah blah...

Anyway...any thoughts on a Football Manager thread?

Attachments

• FM_Screens.jpg
    FM_Screens.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 40

Great_Expectations

I would be very game for this. I too usually take over Coventry but this time I thought I would go for a new challenge; so I took over Nuneaton.

Got from the Blue Square Confernce South to the premier league in 6 seasons. Winning the league in each respective division, and after 3 years in the premier I have finally won the premier league title! I have also won both European Cups and domestic trophies.

That does sound a little as if I am bragging I don't mean it to sound that way but it is by far the best FM game I have ever had!

I would love a thread to talk about FM!

Marty

I must be one of the worst managers on the game, all i ever seem to do is avoid relegation, panic buy, sell anybody if i get a decent offer.

on FM05 i had a class team with Everton and won everything for years pritty much.

FM05.jpg

WilloVsToon

I would be very game for this. I too usually take over Coventry but this time I thought I would go for a new challenge; so I took over Nuneaton.

Got from the Blue Square Confernce South to the premier league in 6 seasons. Winning the league in each respective division, and after 3 years in the premier I have finally won the premier league title! I have also won both European Cups and domestic trophies.

That does sound a little as if I am bragging I don't mean it to sound that way but it is by far the best FM game I have ever had!

I would love a thread to talk about FM!

Doesn't sound like you're bragging - sounds like you did really well.
I won the Uefa cup with city, premiership and some league cups. Can't remember if I managed the FA cup....

Think I'm gna get Cov to perform in the prem then bugger off to Russia and then return in about a decade to see whats happened at Cov.

What with all the real life lack of transfer activity and the season not yet started I thought it would be something for fans to talk about. If AT signs Angelo Balanta I'll be excited. He's pretty much my favourite player in the game. 1m from QPR and he bangs em in!

WilloVsToon

...p.s there have been no rumours about us signing Balanta, just would love it to happen based on FM

skyblue_rich

My latest one I started of at AFC Wimbeldon, moved to middlesborough then psv. Now I'm at man u. I have won all the league titles, champions league etc. And I won the World cup wiv England, so yh I hav no life

MatthewWallis

havent played FM11 much but i started with Huddersfield and got them promoted first season and now im sitting comfortably at the top of the championship :D

rob9872

I must be one of the worst managers on the game, all i ever seem to do is avoid relegation, panic buy, sell anybody if i get a decent offer.

Have you got a contact number mate? Brody has just been on Twitter saying that you're the kind of manager he has been looking for.

ajsccfc

In my last game just before a restart I took Cov up first season by the playoffs before launching a record-breaking losing streak. I resign in November before I take them down and Shearer takes over and miraculously keeps them up. Even more miraculously, 12 straight PL defeats is all Man City need to see to get me in to replace Mancini.

A few league titles, European Cups and even a World Cup as part-time England boss later and I'm now the most successful English manager of all-time on my installation. Still light years behind Alex Ferguson in the Nation stakes of course.

Now I started a new game where I disappointed for a season and a half with Roma, which was again enough for stupid Fiorentina to task me with getting them away from 10th place misery. In a few months I've got them sitting pretty in joint fourth with two games to go.

AngryAnt

Been playing FM ever since the split from CM, not played much recently though since i can't be bothered to buy a new CD drive and the old one and the disc don't get on. On my last attempt i got Cov to the prem and sitting around 8th (tend to drop off at the end of the season... sounds familiar). I was thinking of taking on a lower league team but trying to win the FA cup without reload cheating as i used to do... I'd beat Man U, Man City then Liverpool and go on to lose to Ispwich or the likes.

Looking forward to seeing the features in the new one, seeing if they've expanded on any of the teamtalks etc.

Last edited:

Nonleagueherewecome

Been playing FM ever since the split from CM, not played much recently though since i can't be bothered to buy a new CD drive and the old one and the disc don't get on. On my last attempt i got Cov to the prem and sitting around 8th (tend to drop off at the end of the season... sounds familiar). I was thinking of taking on a lower league team but trying to win the FA cup without reload cheating as i used to do... I'd beat Man U, Man City then Liverpool and go on to lose to Ispwich or the likes.

Looking forward to seeing the features in the new one, seeing if they've expanded on any of the teamtalks etc.

I had the disc problem, mate: just install it via Steam instead, works like a dream and you don't need to put the disc in every time you want to play :D

CovKingChris

Facebook User
I just started a game as Vojvodina in Serbia. Hoping to spend a season or two there bringing great sucess, then moving to England bringing over some of my best players.

So far I've signed:

Jeremie Aliadiere
Pedrag Perisic
Mlungisi Gumbi
Ze Rui
Mahamadou Sidibie
Pierre Boya
Rachid Bourabia
Charles Taylor
Graeme Owens
Aleksander Zivanovic
Nenad Zedeljkovic

Alot of signing I know. Sold a few as well.

AngryAnt

I had the disc problem, mate: just install it via Steam instead, works like a dream and you don't need to put the disc in every time you want to play :D

Yeah i'm going that way next year, FM is the only game for some reason that i prefer to buy as a physical copy and i dislike the idea of tying it into steam (even though i buy 90% of my games through that damn... lovely.. sweet sweet service).

ajsccfc

Hit third with Fiorentina! Champions League, money money money, the high life! Jacuzzis, champagne, limos and-

Oh wait, lost out to FC Twente in the qualifying playoff. Europa league, communal baths, sparkling wine, minibuses. Balls.

SBAndy

In my 11th season with Cov, finished 8th (Championship), 7th (Championship), 1st (Championship), 14th (Prem), 8th (Prem), 5th (Prem), 3rd (Prem), 1st (Prem), 3rd (Prem), 1st (Prem).

Also won 3 consecutive League Cups and 4 consecutive FA Cups, took England to the semi finals of Euro 2020 (ruined by my right back getting sent off for elbowing some German fella) and made the semi-finals of the Europa League the season after finishing 5th, only to be knocked out by Arsenal. Always seem to get knocked out at the First Knockout Round of the Champions League though.

for some reason couldnt get into fm11, think i was too obsessed with my fm10 and cannot get near it, created a dynasty for cov!

- and then wanted to resign to join a lower league club and start again and a bug in the game wouldnt let me accept another job! what a bastard!!

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 14

Rich

I know I'm a bit behind the times but I've just got my first FM game FM2011. Can't wait to get started tonight. Are Bedworth United on there? If not I will go for Nuneaton or CCFC. Anyone got any tips?

SkyBlueDickie

I know I'm a bit behind the times but I've just got my first FM game FM2011. Can't wait to get started tonight. Are Bedworth United on there? If not I will go for Nuneaton or CCFC. Anyone got any tips?

Try and sign Febian Brandy. Brilliant signing for small teams and is a free agent

ajsccfc

Players don't have overall ratings as that's a bit simplistic for a game that prides itself on depth. If you Google for some guides they roughly tell you what attributes you really want to focus on per position.

The 2011 game allows you to create any league you like, so theoretically you can go as low down the league pyramid as you wish if you are a dab hand at editing (or more likely, find someone else who's done it and download their config) and take Cov Sphinx to the Champions League.

NuneatonSkyBlue

what are the differences apart from player updates??

i personally cant say because i only had fm handheld last year. Ill be getting fm12 on my laptop though because you miss out on alot of features on the handheld version.

Im sure a quick google search will bring them all up though, or just visit the fm site.

Users who are viewing this thread