Football rights (1 Viewer)

stay_up_skyblues

Interesting. Its inevitable the 3pm Saturday blackout will go and you will be able to watch any game of your choosing. But I thought the clubs might get the rights to their own games ala ifollow with the EFL taking a slice.

chiefdave

There will be huge pressure to get rid of the 3pm blackout. They're already pushing the angle that it's just enabling piracy which is absolutely true and a point made on here regularly.

The likes of Apple and Amazon are believed to be putting together bids for worldwide rights to the Premier League, they simply won't accept anything but every game being streamed.

Saddlebrains

How isnt it? Showing every EFL game live will be the death knell for smaller clubs. No fucker will travel to watch Harrogate v Barrow if they can watch it at home would they?

We get an average of 19k Home fans for our games, even at our level we would get affected big time, you could take 3k of the floating fans off that straight away

Sick Boy

How isnt it? Showing every EFL game live will be the death knell for smaller clubs. No fucker will travel to watch Harrogate v Barrow if they can watch it at home would they?

We get an average of 19k Home fans for our games, even at our level we would get affected big time, you could take 3k of the floating fans off that straight away
But every EFL game is already shown live if someone is desperate enough to watch a game?
Not sure how DAZN can be compared to ITV Digital.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would still attend the home games but it would help me watch all the away games as well as I can rarely travel now with mini TGP playing on a Saturday morning.

stay_up_skyblues

Im not opposed to every game being available to watch but it has to be PPV per match (maybe closer to the ticket price) and the money has to go to the individual club. If it’s, say, £10 a month to Dazn for access to every game then I can’t see how it wouldn’t negatively impact revenue.

Unless it’s a mental deal like the Premier League and Harrogate (for example) receive TV rights three times the size of their gate receipts. Would potentially kill attendances but could the clubs afford to make tickets cheaper then.

Last edited:

SkyBlueSoul

Enjoyed seeing Clive's match prep for Huddersfield which consisted of getting on the rail replacement bus from Manchester and sleeping the whole way there.

• Haha
Reactions: SBT

Users who are viewing this thread