Football Rivalry (1 Viewer)

ccfcadz

After reading a thread on GMK I was thinking, Would anyone actually miss us if Coventry dissappeard off the face of the football league. We supposedly hate villa, they couldnt give two shits, we supposedly hate leicester, they dont really care either. SO WHO IS ACTUALLY AWARE OF OUR EXISTANCE??

simmouk

Administrator
I believe Nuneaton Borough (sorry, Nuneaton Town) have a particular hating for us...lol.

I think in general, not just in terms of rivalries, we are way, way off the radar. Never get media coverage, we're always just the small entry at the end of the news, and no body wants to know anymore! If the masses of fans are waiting for us to get back into the Prem to be the changing factor for them to come and watch their team, they are going to be waiting a while yet - they need to get their arses down to the ground! Show the other teams around us that we are worth being rivals!

Nick

Administrator
I hate the fact that when we are on the news it is always a 2 minute thing and it is always West Brom, Villa or Brum who are featured.

I wouldnt say there are any strong rivalries with me, obviously I would want to beat Villa, Brum, Leicester etc as they are local but I wouldnt want to smash their fans face in just because of it!

simmouk

Administrator
Havent caught the video hightlights of the Wolves game yet, but I know the BBC sport website article seemed to focus on how Wovles lost due to penalty being saved...not how COVENTRY beat them deservedly, etc.

And yeh I wouldnt want to get involved with any of the opposition fans at a physical level...I just like the football side of the rivalry, not the fan vs fan thugs!

Users who are viewing this thread