Football thread!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

skybluesteve76

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but Steven Pressley is doin my swede in!!
He's spouting some absolute bullshit..... And his tactics and the ways he's got us playing is boring me to tears!
Also he needs to have a shower and a shave by the look of him!!
Discuss

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

covkid69

how dare you start a football thread with all the non football crap going on :claping hands::claping hands:
but i agree....scruffy twat :claping hands::claping hands:

hutch1972

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet but Steven Pressley is doin my swede in!!
He's spouting some absolute bullshit..... And his tactics and the ways he's got us playing is boring me to tears!
Also he needs to have a shower and a shave by the look of him!!
Discuss

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

Bit harsh mate ,he's only lost one game and that on the back of last weeks problems. No Clarke and Baker has severely hindered the team .
Must admit though the football doesn't match the previous managers, (at the moment ).
Results seem to be the last thing on my mind at the moment.

ajsccfc

I like him so far. Good record results-wise, with the weekend's defeat having an asterisk next to it for me as there are plenty of distractions to excuse it. Football-wise he's still trying to get the team to follow his own philosophy so he's well within the grace period allowed for new men for me. He's really got a pass until August for me now with all this stadium/owner shit going on.

Nick

Administrator
I am not too sure about his substitutions so far but will give him a while. So far they look a bit Thornish.

bamalamafizzfazz

I would love to talk about the football except that we lost our last game so I do everything possible to not talk about it all week to get over it. I only ever look at the table after a win and never look at teams below. This kind of ignorance suits me fine. I agree I'm not overly impressed with the imediate change of tactics but MR had some huge boots to fill for me so I'm going to give the guy the benefit of the doubt for now.

also having a go at his personal appearance is slightly harsh, maybe he doesn't have a mirror.

covcity4life

alot of fans on this forum recently said they dont watch football unless cov are playing

no wonder they have no clue about adopting a forward thinking football philosophy

skybluesteve76

A fee observations! We've obviously been severely spoilt by the footy under MR (which took a while to get going).
I think what's getting to mainly is his extremely inaccurate accounts of how we've played etc.
He's another, I couldn't ask for more from the lads,type manager.
Saturday was a prime example......he said we were excellent in the first twenty minutes! That got me thinking, was the same twenty minutes where we were outplayed,missed a pen and went one nil down?? I thought we were crap from start to finish on Saturday.....??

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

CCFCDan87

I am not too sure about his substitutions so far but will give him a while. So far they look a bit Thornish.

The football and subs just like Thorn. I haven't seen us play one decent game under Pressley yet. Long balls to a short arse like Cody doesn't work and his persistence with bailey is worrying. Much rather see Thomas ahead of bailey at the minute

Black6Osprey

We aren't playing well but at least he didnt say the Pompey game was brilliant like all the rest.

It gives me some confidence that perhaps he is watching the same game.

Although I havent seen any good signs yet, its too early and things are too difficult on and off the pitch to give him a fair assessment.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not really convinced yet, two below average performances against two of the worse sides in the division. Hard to judge as we have a lot of injuries currently. Lets see how he starts next season with a few of his own signings and players fit again

Tonylinc

Do you not think that although the players would deny it; the fact that we are likely to be docked points has affected them? I know that if it were me, and I went a goal down, I would be thinking oh, well, what the heck!

Steve.B50

I agree Tony, am sure it would affect them, it's the Managers job to change there mind set but its a difficult one.
To me it would be better playing the youngsters now as they will just want to play and not bother with any politics.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I think its too early to tell. Until he gets chance to bring in his own players we won't get to see what he can really do.

No one likes working with another managers players.

Look at how many changes Robins made through loans and frees.

His subs are a bit worrying! The last two games, changes should have been made at half time, but they werent, and I think we paid the price on both occasions.

Too early to be too critical though

The football and subs just like Thorn. I haven't seen us play one decent game under Pressley yet. Long balls to a short arse like Cody doesn't work and his persistence with bailey is worrying. Much rather see Thomas ahead of bailey at the minute

From the Hartlepool game alone I'm going to say that actually Elvis doesnt want them playing long balls, but they are struggling to kick the habit. Bailey and Jennings aren't god enough in the heart of midfield for it to work, and when we give the ball away aren't good enough to win it back.

I also think critcising him for substitutions is a little harsh given that he was starting players down, so people had to come in, what does that leave on the bench?? I'm sure he'd have loved to bring Ronaldo or Messi on as an attacking change up, but they were unfortunately unavailable!.

Totally agree with the uncertainty element also.

Give him til the end of August when he's had chance to sign people ( fingers crossed we're allowed to by then etc) and embed his philosophy.

As for being positive about the players putting in effort etc, he's got to lie through his teeth at the moment if he thinks it will keep their heads up and keep them fighting and not giving up which to be honest right now I'd forgive them for.

sw88

Chief Commentator!
Edge is always looking for the long ball too!

On the subject of the Edge, just seen the goals from Saturday. How poor was his header attempt for the second? Also maybe caught out for the first but was other players who could have cleared / challenge the Pompey player

swanageskyblue

We need to give him more time to find his feet, especially given current events at the club.

Our first 11 are a decent team, but we are missing 4 of those - Adams, Wood, Clarke and Baker, and we just do not have the squad strength to replace then adequately. This is pushing him into making team selections and substitutions which look poor. On Saturday, we had real weaknesses in each of these 4 positions:
- Stewart was OK first half, not bad defensively, but he does not have the legs to run forward. By 60 minutes, he was a virtual passenger, which did not help Mcsheff's cause either.
- central defenders looked vulnerable, and their defending for both goals was weak.
- Cody did not impress as a lone striker, other than winning an early penalty.
- John Fleck was all at sea on right of midfield. He and Christie could not synchronise their passing or movement at all. Playing him there was an experiment that failed.

The result? A bizarre 3-4-3 formation for last 15 minutes, with Callum Ball as a left wing back, or was it left winger or left-sided striker?? ... I gave up all hope of a fight back at that point - just a bad day at the office. Let's see how the High Court and the Easter weekend goes.

aviles

My problem with pressley is how confident he is and how he is getting so many positives out of everything ! but keep picking up point and i dont care !

covcity4life

Edge is always looking for the long ball too!

On the subject of the Edge, just seen the goals from Saturday. How poor was his header attempt for the second? Also maybe caught out for the first but was other players who could have cleared / challenge the Pompey player

edje was atr fault for both goals imo

first one he could clear with his left but opts for the right which gives their player a chance to shoot

and then that header...men agaisnt boys

edje has all the tools but seems he doesnt want to get stuck in lately and its costing us

Users who are viewing this thread