For Doing A Good Job (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

As I'm a window cleaner I get to know many of my customers well, and its not just at Christmas I get a tip/present for doing a job. This week a customer knowing I'm a football fan gave me a Barcelona top with Messi's name on the back, he got it he said from a stall in Benidorm. Obviously a replica and not his real shirt but its brand new and in great condition. I was well chuffed and it will go in my football collection. He was grateful that as he couldn't do his garden I tidied it up, his missus had stopped moaning ! Has anybody received a nice gift for doing a job for somebody ?

Last edited:

Gazolba

I'm an IT worker and I used to browse the online help forums. When random people asked for help on something that was in my particular area of experitise, I would post messages helping them solve their problem. I did this for quite a few years and people would say "Thanks" and I never thought much about it since that's all I expected. One time, however, I helped this young lady more than usual. She actually emailed me her database and I worked on it for a few hours and emailed it back redesigned to work better than before. I gather she worked for a very small company of just a few people. After I had helped her, her company sent me a 75 dollar gift card for Starbucks. Later on, I helped her with the database again, and the company sent me another Starbucks gift card for 50 dollars.
Since I visit Starbucks very seldom, I enjoyed those gift cards for a couple of years, buying the occasional coffee, hot chocolate or piece of cake for myself and my kids.
That is the one and only time I ever received a gift for doing someone a favour, but it was much appreciated.

Otis

As I'm a window cleaner I get to know many of my customers well, and its not just at Christmas I get a tip/present for doing a job. This week a customer knowing I'm a football fan gave me a Barcelona top with Messi's name on the back, he got it he said from a stall in Benidorm. Obviously a replica and not his real shirt but its brand new and in great condition. I was well chuffed and it will go in my football collection. He was grateful that as he couldn't do his garden I tidied it up, his missus had stopped moaning ! Has anybody received a nice gift for doing a job for somebody ?
Someone once gave me £100 of theatre vouchers for helping them out. That was pretty cool.

People offer me money, but I usually turn it down.

Sky_Blue_Daz

When I worked at hereward I was key worker for about 15-20 students
At Christmas I used to get gifts of all the families one year I got boxes of biscuits, tins of chocolates a few bottles of wine and a 2 cases of beer
To be honest I kept the beer, wine and a tin of chocolates and gave the rest to my parents and the wife’s mum and dad

LastGarrison

Earlier this year I got given a hand made statue of the Greek God Hermes.

It’s pretty cool actually but reminds a bit of Billy Bowden because of the bent finger.

Terry Gibson's perm

In my first job one of the directors retired and I had to carry his stuff to his car when I was doing it he said do you want a tip so I said yes he said here you go never work on weekends, I chucked the stuff into his car

Terry Gibson's perm

I wonder how many people fell for the people offering to send cash scam.

My neighbor let someone from Microsoft log into his computer that didn’t go well.

Nick

Administrator
I had the Microsoft bloke on the phone for 40 minutes. Trying to make him explain to me what he meant by playing dumb.

"Oh you mean the computer?"
"yes, yes I need to fix this for you"
"You have seen the virus on windows?"
"yes I can see you have a virus"
"but I am using a Mac?"

He swore and hung up.

eastwoodsdustman

I had the windows call last week too. Bloke told me his office was under Victoria station in London. Kept him going for a while before telling him that my daughters had taken the laptop to school for the day.
The time before I played along for 5 minutes and then said that we had a Mac and I thought he meant the actual windows in the house had a virus. He also swore and hung up.

Back to topic, I get the odd crate of beer or bottle of booze, a polish vodka with an oak twig being a highlight, but last week some one gave me 30 euros for helping him.

Users who are viewing this thread