fucking bt (1 Viewer)

ccfc1987

fault with my broadband speed since the 6th feb

was told its been sorted bollox im paying for upto 8meg but getting 3000kbps
speedtester.bt.com
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
Your DSL connection rate: 6880 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP profile for your line is - 3000 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 2439 kbps

ip profile is 3000kbps it should be 6000kbps

been told to wait 3 days for it to stable and then call bt wholesale to drop the noise margin to 6db then the ip profile will go back to 6000kbps

this is after 24 days:eek::eek:

Nick

Administrator
You are downloading at around 7mb though so it is still not too bad!

I am with Virgin on Broadband, have to say they are decent until you need support from them!

ccfc1987

You are downloading at around 7mb though so it is still not too bad!

I am with Virgin on Broadband, have to say they are decent until you need support from them!

what speed you getting on virgin

what i should get on Downstream
Attenuation 40db ApproxLine Length 2.9km
dslMAX 6976 kbps IP Profile 6000kbps

well this is a first the ppings have droped to 42 was 57

Last edited:

ccfc1987

I usually download at 2.3 megaBYTES ber second so it is pretty quick :)

im nearly there now a few more tweaks and im hoping bt will up the ip profile today to 6mg and drop the the noise margin from 10 db to 6 db which will hold the ip profile at 6mg

from the 6th feb to 24 march =looks like im getting a free months broadband :D:D:D

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 4022 Kbps about 4 Mbps (tested with 6144 kB)
Download Speed is:: 491 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net/ (Main)
Test Time:: 2009/03/04 - 3:57am
Bottom Line:: 70X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 2.09 sec
Tested from a 6144 kB file and took 12.515 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 107.32 % faster than the average for host (btcentralplus.com)
D-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-Z9LM3QG41
User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1) [!]

getting better

Last edited:

ccfc1987

Never had any problems with Tiscali, BT were awful over here

yersterday i was told i had to wait for the line to stable and the speed whould incress today i had a call from the bt exchange but i droping the kids off thay asked the misses whats wrong she told them and now my speed as droped right down download speed is 456kbps :eek:

then after that call a bt tec guy phoned up asking if the problem been sorted the words i used was get your fucking complates maneger on the phone and he put him on told him what was going on we pass it on the the exchange again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

6feb to 25th march

footyfrenzy

that bad then:D:Di was thinking of talktalk

I am on a one man mission to prevent anyone ever having to suffer talktalk. when they are working speeds are generally good, but apart from constant dropping of signal throughout my contract their customer service is the worst I have ever in my life had the misfortune to stumble across

Here is a copy of a letter i sent to them. They admitted that they were in the wrong but nothing came of it apart from a phonecall with an apology wow:slap:

To whom it may concern

It is with great regret that I feel I have had to resort to writing down an official written complaint regarding your whole organisation.

On Friday 19th December 2008 a restriction was placed on my line and broadband for failing to settle my account that was due on 1st December 2008. This was down to me starting a new job on the 17th November 2008. I was aware that I was not going to receive any wages until the 7th December 2008 and had to cancel all my direct debits to avoid not only payments being returned but also expensive bank charges for failed direct debits. On arrival home from work on Friday 19th December I opened my mail and opened a letter from yourselves reminding me of the oversight to which my first reaction was oops I have forgotten that and put the letter down in front of me to follow up as soon as I had finished opening other mail I had received. It was then that I had discovered that a restriction had been placed on the line. After making payment I was advised that it would take anything between 2 – 48 hours.

In my entire life I have not had the misfortune of encountering a worst customer service and operation ever than Talktalk. I have been passed around from department to department and never have I come across such incompetence as many of your finance department, customer service department or faults department. I have had agents who have completely ignored what I have been telling them. Some have been rude, condescending and patronising. A particular agent who would only give his name as ‘Ashras’ but refused to give me his surname or let me speak to his supervisor and/or line manager was so rude I had to enquire “If he was taking the piss” to which he replied “he wasn’t taking the piss”. He had asked me if I had the system in front of me to which I replied that I had assuming that he meant I had my computer in front of me when he was clearly mocking me, which I reacted the way I did.

In total over the weekend and Monday I have spent a total of around 9 hours on the phone trying to sort out my problems many of those have been on hold waiting for another incompetent agent to answer. I have had 2 completely unnecessary visits from BT once on Sunday and once on Monday whilst I was at work. Both had cost your company money due to the incompetence of more of you so called agents.

My contract is due to be renewed in February and I can assure you that I have absolutely no intention of renewing it nor having anything to do with Talktalk and the Carphone Warehouse or subsidiary companies in my life time.

I hope you take this complaint seriously but after seeing the way your company act just on the phones I’m sure that it will just be passed around from department to department without anything actually being done about it because that is the way I have been treated on the phones.

At the time of writing this letter I still have no phone line or broadband 76 hours after making payment of £23.98. I will also be forwarding a copy of this letter to BBC’s watchdog, my local trading standards department and ofcom.

Bunnykins

I've got friends who've not had internet connection for over a week now They are with BT. They have been told it's a fault with their line 'But their phone is still working' They were told on Friday that some will be out within 48hrs But as they don't count the weekend they are hoping it will be tomorrow ....

ccfc1987

I've got friends who've not had internet connection for over a week now They are with BT. They have been told it's a fault with their line 'But their phone is still working' They were told on Friday that some will be out within 48hrs But as they don't count the weekend they are hoping it will be tomorrow ....

pass this on to them bunny

if there useing bt thay will have a bt hub

click http://192.168.1.254 modem ip

you see your bt hub click on settings it will ask for your password then click ok

when that opens click Advanced Settings on the right

when that opens click Continue to Advanced Setting

your see broadband click that that will open

ccfc1987

I am on a one man mission to prevent anyone ever having to suffer talktalk. when they are working speeds are generally good, but apart from constant dropping of signal throughout my contract their customer service is the worst I have ever in my life had the misfortune to stumble across

Here is a copy of a letter i sent to them. They admitted that they were in the wrong but nothing came of it apart from a phonecall with an apology wow:slap:

looks like il not be going with them:D

bt told me i can end the contract if thay dont sort it with out any charges so if i keep it going saying its not working i could get free broadband :D

Bunnykins

I've told them it's not Hub it's a problem with The Box outside so an Engineer is going out.:D

ccfc1987

I've told them it's not Hub it's a problem with The Box outside so an Engineer is going out.:D

after a week bt are going out to fix it there a fucking joke as your friend is paying for broadband and its been off for the week get them to get some como for the service being down,,

Bunnykins

I Think he's already told them about that. Your right it is a Joke :mad:

ccfc1987

bt caved in :D after a month of me calling them to give me a good speed thay fold,,,,

Your DSL connection rate: 8124kbps(DOWN-STREAM)max, 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)max
IP profile for your line is - 7500 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 7458 kbps

ccfc1987

fuck it bt have just been told to fuck off just got my mac code and passed it to o2 broadband i can get 11meg for £17.99 amonth

Nick

Administrator
That is still decent!

Do you have Sky? If so you should be able to get Sky broadband for free :)

ccfc1987

That is still decent!

Do you have Sky? If so you should be able to get Sky broadband for free :)

with sky thay want £50. to set up broadband o2 was fee funny how i asked for the mac code the moden lights went off and came back on and now im getting ,,,,,

ccfc1987

You have been transferred instantly?

nope im still bt for the next 5days just ran a speed test using bt site

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
help.jpg
-provides background information.
Your DSL connection rate: 7584 kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 5114 kbps

If you wish to discuss these results please contact your ISP.

the test i put up the other day was a 1 off test the ip droped back to 5000kbps but now thay put the ip up to 6.5 and was told thay could put it up but will take 48hrs to show about 130pm today

ccfc1987

To be honest, internet speed tests are not very reliable anyway.

the speedtest.net is about 100kbps out than using speedtester.bt.com also speedtester,net dont try and sell you broadband to bt virgin or o2 and you get to pick your test i go for xilo.net as my test every time 50miles from cov

Users who are viewing this thread