Future looks bright (1 Viewer)

Pigeon

If we could keep King and Gunnar and move out a few pieces of dead wood in our sqaud, invest in 3 or 4 decent players then the squad doesn't look too bad.

coventryecho

Agree with Pigeon, the key will be getting rid of deadwood and hopefully keeping Marlon and Aron.

Godiva

Agree with Pigeon, the key will be getting rid of deadwood and hopefully keeping Marlon and Aron.

Surely his name is Eastwood ... unless you're talking about Westwood?

SkyBluegilby

Alright chaps,

Looks like 606 has its final nail so have joined over here now,

Next season could well be anything again for the skyblues. id ont want to be to optimistic. In fairness I am at the start of every season but it dwindles around chrsitmas. For me it depends on a few things mainly being camn we hang on to King and Gunnar and secondly can we replace Westwood (if he goes) I think we have enough at thew back when we are all fit and in midfield to. We have players like Deegs who will be a new signing for us, Also the returning McPake, Turner - who was immense before injury. Jukky looks a new player nder Thorn but I think we could do with a third quality striker. Donovan and Platt can move on withoput to many tears shed,

PUSB

Skybluedar

Also agree with Pigeon. I think if a few things fall into place, ie. a decent replacement for Westwood (and there are some great options, Cammy Bell, Joe Murphy etc) & holding onto King and/or Gunnar (or replace them with someone as good) along with a few replacements, getting rid of the 'deadwood' in the squad, then we could have a very competitive team next year. As Cov fans we have had to ride a rollercoaster of emotion season after season with little or no continuity in managers, results etc. I would like to think that this is (FINALLY) start of something real and more than just a honeymoon period under a new manager. Lets be positive and support the team. New shirt looks great, lets hope the team can put in consistant performances in every game to match it! PUSB!

Gaz

King will be the key to us having a good season for me.
His goals will be like gold dust.

The biggest signing for us has been Thorn as without a good manager it just doesn't work.

I really can't wait for next season to start.

blueflint

i'm ever hopefull but will wait and see squad have put in brill performances for AT

Disorganised1

I don't think it all hinges on King, Jukebox has come on since Thorn took over, and if all the stories are true then we spotted Carroll when Newcastle were lending him out. I think we need someone who can cross the ball for our strikers.

Wonder if Tommy Hutch could be persuaded out of retirement ?

Users who are viewing this thread