Gary Mcsheffrey (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Jay

How is he still playing week in and week out I hate pointing the blame on players but along with others has been really poor. I'm sure in his head he thinks he's got the pace of an 18 year old but his legs have gone. Surely he doesn't deserve a starting place I'm not sure who to replace him with. He gives the ball away can't take on a man and very rarely get the ball past the first man. Too many players at the club know they will be in the first starting 11 they need a rocket up their asses!

Sky Blue Jay

I'm not just basing this on today game but just overall been poor. Shame there isn't any one that can come on in competition for his place. I thought today he tried too hard but it's clear he's not up to the challenge. Must be thinking about a cold pint after the game who knows?!

stupot07

It didn't help how deep we were, twice in the first half he had the ball wide with only Clarke in the box, the te rest of the midfield were on the half way line.

When Swindon got the ball out wide they flooded the box with 4-5 players

He was shite second half.

Nick

Administrator
He played for leeds in league one though and they didnt opt to buy him.

He does live off the fact he is from cov and when he played for us before but it just seems like he wont ever be dropped.

Sky Blue Jay

Baker looked fooked after 20mins too. The midfield just wasn't good enough today. Hurts to keep losing at home I never boo a player and never will don't see how fans can do that it isn't going to improve their game ill be there week in week out Mcsheffrey hadn't improved I think if any thing he's getting worse

Nick

Administrator
Maybe he needs a suspension or something to give him a breather? Wouldnt wish injury on players!

Sky Blue Jay

I just wish we had pace in our wingers and just run at the defence and beat the first man on a cross we don't score enough from corner kicks either. I'm sure they must train on this in training baker & macca try sometimes but half the time they try too much just pass the ball is the best option cuz these players haven't got the pace to try what they want to do. I just hoped Carsley had a right go at them for that performance cuz I'm livid

StevieM

Should have scored to make it 2-0, ball crossed from the right, fell to him inside the corner of the six yard box, he should have stabbed it in with his left foot but he let go under his foot an out for a goal kick!
Hasn't had "it" for a long time and for my money has done f**k all since he came back here like the prodigal son to some on this forum.
Offers nothing.

Mucca Mad Boys

You say that but who tackled their right back and got the assist for Moussa's goal..... ;)

Correct, he finally has the same amount of assists as Fleck after over 15 consecutive starts, not taking it away from him, but Moussa did all the work for that goal. Bar his assist he was poor today, he was in that RB's pocket all game, has a touch of a donkey, which led to him losing the ball on numerous occasions, sloppy in attack and defence and that good move where he didn't control the ball (going out for a goal kick) typified his game. If it was Fleck, you'd be grilling him.

stupot07

Correct, he finally has the same amount of assists as Fleck after over 15 consecutive starts, not taking it away from him, but Moussa did all the work for that goal. Bar his assist he was poor today, he was in that RB's pocket all game, has a touch of a donkey, which led to him losing the ball on numerous occasions, sloppy in attack and defence and that good move where he didn't control the ball (going out for a goal kick) typified his game. If it was Fleck, you'd be grilling him.

Every single one of our midfielders were poor today (bar Moussa first half), all were sloppy in attack and defense and all guilty of giving the ball away cheaply.

Mucca Mad Boys

Every single one of our midfielders were poor today (bar Moussa first half), all were sloppy in attack and defense and all guilty of giving the ball away cheaply.

He stuck out worse for me, well, Jennings gives him a very good run for his money.

In the summer I'd be happy to see the back of McSheffrey and Baker, I do like Baker, but he, like McSheffrey, is a big earner, not getting younger and quite frankly, he's living off his impressive scoring streak in November and December. Add Bell and Wood to that list to!

stupot07

He stuck out worse for me, well, Jennings gives him a very good run for his money.

In the summer I'd be happy to see the back of McSheffrey and Baker, I do like Baker, but he, like McSheffrey, is a big earner, not getting younger and quite frankly, he's living off his impressive scoring streak in November and December. Add Bell and Wood to that list to!

Bailey obviously didn't stick out because he was too busy hiding.

Mucca Mad Boys

Bailey obviously didn't stick out because he was too busy hiding.

That true, I personally think Thomas and Fleck should start next game... But of course they won't, he'll stick with the same midfield that has been under performing for too long! Are they hoping November and December will happen again!?

Only players to play well today were; Clarke, Christie and Murphy. Martin and Moussa were ok. Rest were pants, especially Dickinson.

Grendel

That true, I personally think Thomas and Fleck should start next game... But of course they won't, he'll stick with the same midfield that has been under performing for too long! Are they hoping November and December will happen again!?

Only players to play well today were; Clarke, Christie and Murphy. Martin and Moussa were ok. Rest were pants, especially Dickinson.

If fleck had played it would have been a debacle. We also needed to adjust and pit another forward on - we were being battered could not get forward as Clarke was in his own against 3 defenders.

Fleck and mcsheffrey will be gone in the summer as will Barton and many many more

stupot07

As poor as sheff was second half, if you're playing to bring on another striker, why take sheff off and put a right footer on the left wing? Especially as Dickinson doesn't really get forward that much.

junglej13

As poor as sheff was second half, if you're playing to bring on another striker, why take sheff off and put a right footer on the left wing? Especially as Dickinson doesn't really get forward that much.

Id have taken sheff off and not replaced him. It would have enhanced the team and pissed me off less. He is just a waste of a player.

Mucca Mad Boys

That sub was a reaction to going 2-1, as we all (should) know, being a reactionary is not a good thing, and that is what Carsley is, like Thorn.

Dickinson had a mare, my mate thought 'Dicko', 'Mcca', Jenno and Cameron were our worst players today, I couldn't disagree with that.

I have to say, Dickinson is fucking shit, offers nothing, and tbf to McSheffrey, having him as your full back does not help, you can't link up with him!

Users who are viewing this thread