George Martin RIP (1 Viewer)

Otis

Sad, sad loss. So much a part of what the Beatles achieved.

Captain Dart

When I heard that news I worried for a second how Game of Thrones would ever get completed, then I realised my error. :facepalm:

Don't be too sad, he had a good long life.

Otis

When I heard that news I worried for a second how Game of Thrones would ever get completed, then I realised my error. :facepalm:

Don't be too sad, he had a good long life.
Yeah, but I now hate saying that. Used to always say 'oh, that's a good age!' Or 'He had a good life.'

Can't say to my parents 'Did you hear, George Martin died! He was 90, so a good age.'

They are both 87. Have to tread on eggshells sometimes.

TheRoyalScam

R.I.P. Sir George Martin.

Such a warm and modest person considering his musical talent.

He's quite rightly remembered for his work with the Beatles, yet also produced/arranged/composed much more.

Jeff Beck's 'Blow By Blow' and Mahavishnu Orchestra's 'Apocalypse' were two ambitious and ground-breaking projects.

Wonder if anyone remembers this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EVpvrDeVg8

Captain Dart

I remember this better and with considerable fondness
220px-The_hole_in_the_ground.jpg

lifeskyblue

Bernard cribbins 'right said Fred' is brings back great memories for me. Let's have a cup of tea. I think sir George Martin produced the song

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oakey

Bernard cribbins 'right said Fred' is brings back great memories for me. Let's have a cup of tea. I think sir George Martin produced the song

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That song has been my template for life, actually.
:claping hands:

chiefdave

What a legend Bernard Cribbins is. With all the crap they constantly repeat why doesn't Jackonory get shown?

Users who are viewing this thread