Glastonbury Festival (1 Viewer)

Jimthor

I'm meant to be going Download this year for my mate's stag, but it seems to have the worst lineup of all the festivals this year! I think the only band i'm HUGELY interested in on the whole lineup is Funeral For A Friend, and i've seen them 6 or 7 times now so even that's not much of a draw. Some others like SOAD and LP might be good fun, but not really what i'd pay a huge chunk of money for.

Some class bands at Glasto imo. For my tastes, particuarly Biffy (less keen on their newest albums but was a huge fan on the first 3), Jimmy Eat World, Pulled Apart By Horses (defo one of my fave bands of the last year-or-so). QOTSA would be great to see in a festival environment too i think.
There's some great bands lower down the order at Sonisphere too. Not keen on the big metal bands they've got playing, but lots of goodness on the lower bill. And they've got Biffy as well i think.

I'll defo be going to 2000 Trees again this year, so long as it's not sold out before my student loan comes in! Some of my favourite bands playing that- Tall Ships, And So I Watch You From Afar and &U&I especially, with a load more good bands playing and a load more to be announced. Had an amazing time there last year.

bamalamafizzfazz

I haven't done Download myself but I know friends who have and said its a good laugh. I think as a whole its all a little heavier than I like. I do like the early stuff from SOAD and LP and I think in the past they have had AC/DC and Metallica who I am sure would be quality live.

I am most intrigued by your Pulled Apart by Horses remark, I have heard of them and I might have to give them a proper listen. Gonna check out that 2000 trees too, I have never heard of it.

As for Glasto I am looking forward to something a bit different this year, I have already seen a large percentage of the lineup but you know where the good performances will be. I haven't seen Pendulum before nor U2 so I am looking forward to them. I saw QOTSA years ago at V and I think the Mrs wants to see Miss Knowles but if she does a performance on par with Shakira last year then I won't be complaining :p

Jimthor

Would definitely recommend PABH if they don't clash with anything else you want to see- outstanding live band, the best in the country imo.
They're not everybody's cup of tea but i love them!

[video=youtube;AlGYwXdgpY8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlGYwXdgpY8[/video]

ccfctommy

Jimthor - What do you think of Sonisphere line-up? PABY are there too.

Im going to Leeds this year, never been to a festival before. Muse, Deftones (!!!!), Death From Above 1979, Jimmy Eat World, Strokes.. :)

Covstu

I went in 95, 96 ^ 97 but when i had to start paying it just didnt happen!! Top weekend though!!

bamalamafizzfazz

I went in 95, 96 ^ 97 but when i had to start paying it just didnt happen!! Top weekend though!!

Before my time, cant believe that every year they used to just smash down the fence. Hilarious, no wonder they stopped it.£200 is steep though.

Been Reading and Leeds both quality in their own way. Don't miss Pulp I saw em in 2002 they were amazing and I'm seeing em again at the Wireless oh and BTW- Watch out for the riots on Sunday night

Users who are viewing this thread