Golden Share (1 Viewer)

Tank Top

Morning Tim!
"You win some"...."You Lose Some"..Brace yourself to be cut adrift by your Boss, as she denies any Knowledge of your very existence, Oh, And don,t slam the door on the way out, there's a "good chap"

CJ_covblaze

Which door? The one at Bayton Road?!

Sky Blues

Which door? The one at Bayton Road?!

There was a door, but it was cut in two. One part was put in a skip and the owner tried to use the other part to make a kennel for his dog. Unfortunately, he's just discovered woodlice have left his bit of door full of holes and he has to fight seven other people crowding around the skip grabbing for the good bit.

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Do not think this announcement changes anything other than to calm some of the pressure on the administrator (because he has said where the share is)

We all knew the share was in CCFC Ltd in reality
We know that Appleton has said CCFC H have a claim on that share based on beneficial interest - apparently demonstrated on a selective principle that CCFC H pay the bills, (strangely it doesnt apply to the lease for some reason)

nothing has changed

Otis

Do not think this announcement changes anything other than to calm some of the pressure on the administrator (because he has said where the share is)

We all knew the share was in CCFC Ltd in reality
We know that Appleton has said CCFC H have a claim on that share based on beneficial interest - apparently demonstrated on a selective principle that CCFC H pay the bills, (strangely it doesnt apply to the lease for some reason)

nothing has changed

Put this on another thread OSB, but is my thinking correct here? I know it's all very convoluted and confusing and very muddy.

It's all very muddy, but am I right in thinking that the club have to have the golden share in order to play in the football league?

If some buyer therefore bought Ltd only, who would then own the golden share, doesn't that mean that the Sisu led Holdings Sky Blues can't play in the league without it? And at the same time that a new owner wouldn't have any players or contracts, as they would be with Holdings?

Could we possibly find ourselves at a complete impasse here?

If someone buys Ltd. and a share in the Ricoh then surely an agreement has to be made doesn't it, otherwise we may not be able to play this season.

And if the new owner had the right to play in the league, would the league sanction the name change that would have to take place with Holdings having claim to the title Coventry City FC?

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
In theory Otis that is right but I would add

CCFC H would sue CCFC Ltd new owners on basis of beneficial ownership
Would FL award the share back to a company that had a stadium lease and a claim on the share?
Can and have CCFC H been on a long process of "proving" they are the club? How would FL view that?
Will PA actually award the settlement to anyone else given the above in order to give the company a viable future (one of his duties is to try save the company best way he can)
Would SISU use this to get a premium and sell up?

all still muddy waters i am afraid

Otis

Was just thinking that a new owner could try and distress Sisu in the same way Sisu are seemingly trying to distress ACL.

If a new owner got Ltd. and the golden share then they would be a strong position in one sense and as we have all said, a new owner wants the surrounding area, not just the stadium, so having the Ricoh and the land and the golden share will give them some degree of clout.

Seems a lot of it boils down to how the FL perceive it all .... and the courts.

Last edited:

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
wouldnt disagree with that Otis

The FL however are only concerned with the integrity of the competition..... CCFC H apparently have a plan in place to fulfill the fixtures ahead of the league meeting early June, and that is what SISU are relying on.

A new buyer could prove ground and right to share ...................... but team, players, ticket sales, sponsorship, fit & proper, active community plans etc etc by the FL AGM early in June will be a tall order

stupot07

The FL however are only concerned with the integrity of the competition..... CCFC H apparently have a plan in place to fulfill the fixtures ahead of the league meeting early June, and that is what SISU are relying on.

A new buyer could prove ground and right to share ...................... but team, players, ticket sales, sponsorship, fit & proper, active community plans etc etc by the FL AGM early in June will be a tall order

Not to mention the academy and training ground.

Otis

Guess the question is, will the likes of PH4 be willing to buy Ltd., half the stadium and the surrounding land and gamble on getting the rest of the club later?

Sky Blues

Players can be found at short notice on short-term deals (see Football Club, Portsmouth). Sponsorship - does the league care if you have name on your shirt so long as you meet FFP? Ticket sales - can be outsourced fairly quickly to Ticketmaster or some such I imagine. Fit and proper - could be tight, could be taking "the test" now? Active community plans - would the league really withhold the share for the sake of not giving them a few more weeks to flesh this bit out?

I'm sure you know more about this than me though OSB so I'll bow to your wisdom if you think I'm wrong! :)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
All fair points SB but the problem is time............... how many times over the last couple of years has that been an issue..... for CCFC to be in the competition then there must be a credible plan by the FL AGM and right now no perspective owner has had access to the info required to put one in place............. SISU on the other hand.....

The sale will not take place before 31/05/13 the FL AGM is early June ............

Sky Blues

All fair points SB but the problem is time............... how many times over the last couple of years has that been an issue..... for CCFC to be in the competition then there must be a credible plan by the FL AGM and right now no perspective owner has had access to the info required to put one in place............. SISU on the other hand.....

The sale will not take place before 31/05/13 the FL AGM is early June ............

Couldn't they game out different scenarios now if they're serious, to give them some ideas how they might approach whatever they might find? Regardless, I wasn't denying it wouldn't be tight, I was just trying to think positively about how a fresh and dynamic team could take bull by the horns and surprise everyone! :D

Users who are viewing this thread