good films i've seen lately (1 Viewer)

over the last month or so ive took advantage of orange wednesdays because of the ridiculous costs nowerdays.

lately ive seen *thinks back* (in no particular order)

sweeney todd
juno
definately, maybe
be kind rewind

list goes on i can't really remember.

the best films out of them are sweeney todd and be kind rewind
sweeney todd - horror but musical, its a great film and to be honest it being a musical does not ruin it. would recommend before it gets taken off.
be kind rewind - great but weird ending just stops with no conclusion, great comedy from jack black though.

Nick

Administrator
Sweeney Todd - It was really random , I think the ending was rubbish and the singing became a bit repetitive as sometimes they sang the same song over and over.

Juno - Fell asleep

Have not seen the other two though so might have to get them although they look a bit girly!

Bluegirl

I like Juno and thought the actress who played her was brilliant. There were some very funny lines in it!
Havent seen Sweeney Todd but dunno if I fancy it.
Hoping to see Be kind Rewind soon.
BG

Millo

The last REALLY good film I saw at the cinema was I Am Legend, thought that was absolute class.

Bluegirl

I am Legend was superb - I dont usually like that kind of movie but it was rivetting.
Only thing that spoiled it for me was the end...it was almost like they didnt know how to finish it.
Was Will Smith nominated for an Oscar for that? If he wasnt, he should have been - to keep people interested for most of the movie when the only person on the screen is him -that takes a seriously good actor!
BG

J

JuanDan petrolman

oscar

hahahahaha

the dog did a much better job than him

J

JuanDan petrolman

the only good thing WS has done is the legend of bagger vance

hes awfull in everything else

C

COV & VILLA

i 4t sweeny todd was boring. my brother downloaded it & i watched it when mummy & daddy went out to the swingers club. they think i don't know wear they go but i do. tennis is a silly game anyway. i liked ali g the best in sweeny todd & it made me laff thinking bout all those peeps eatin pies made out of cockneys. but that was as good as it got.

x

Nick

Administrator
I watched "There will be blood" last night, that is weird and slightly boring!

It is always the weird rubbish films that get good ratings the same as "No Country for Old Men"

Millo

Saw Be Kind Rewind at the weekend, wouldn't say it was a classic but definately enjoyable, would recommend it.

Millo

Nah it isn't. Jack Black is really funny in it and some of the film re-makes they do are hilarious, the Rush Hour 2 'sketch' had me in stitches.

Nick

Administrator
Oh is it a Scary Movie type things with bits from each film?
I may have to have a watch :)

skyblue_goddess

COV & VILLA said:
i 4t sweeny todd was boring. my brother downloaded it & i watched it when mummy & daddy went out to the swingers club. they think i don't know wear they go but i do. tennis is a silly game anyway. i liked ali g the best in sweeny todd & it made me laff thinking bout all those peeps eatin pies made out of cockneys. but that was as good as it got.

x

Not sure what to make of you to be honest lol

I really want to see that new film about Anne Boleyn - bit of a history buff me

Millo

Nick said:
Oh is it a Scary Movie type things with bits from each film?
I may have to have a watch :)

The story line is Mos Def owns a video store and Jack Black, his best mate gets magnetised and wipes all the tapes. The boss is away and Mos Def is in charge and he doesn't wanna disappoint so they re-make all the films with themselves in it on a crappy video camera with a non-existant budget. Some of the ones they do are Ghostbusters, Rush Hour 2, Robocop etc. Really funny stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread