Good old films (2 Viewers)

Gazolba

Saw one the night before last "One is a Lonely Number" from 1972. It starred an actress I had never heard off before: Trish Van DeVere. She was tremendous, and should have won something for her performance. Found out she was marrried to George C. Scott and is now 76 and retired from acting. Great film.

Gazolba

Here's a couple of very funny films, not very well-known. Both written and directed by and featuring Albert Brooks:

"Mother" 1996 (With Debbie Reynolds)
"The Muse" 1999 (Also with Sharon Stone and Andie McDowell)

The kind of films you watch over and over and see new things each time.

Johnnythespider

Not sure what old is but I will stick to black & white,
Metropolis by Fritz Lang for it's time is visually stunning.
The great dictator worth watching if only for Chaplin's speech at the end.
All of the Basil Rathbone Sherlock Holmes films.
The day the earth stood still, not the Keanu Reeves remake but the original 50's version.
I've just realised that at least 3 of those films are warnings to mankind that we are on the wrong path.
Oh and Margaret Rutherford as Miss Marple.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
I dislike most re-makes, but the recent one is v good indeed, have you seen it HH?
The Jeff Bridges one? It was okay, but you can't beat the Duke riding down against Robert Duvall with reins in his mouth and shooting as he gallops down, after screaming "Fill your hands, you son of a bitch!" Top scene!

no_loyalty

Highlander is one of my favourites, I don't remember too many films before this time period

Captain Dart

The original
The Day of the Jackal (film) - Wikipedia
255px-Edward_Fox_%28The_Day_of_the_Jackal%2C_1973%2C_trailer_screenshot%29_01.jpg

duffer

Build my Gallows High, a.k.a Out of the Past. Classic film noir, Robert Mitchum and Kirk Douglas, worth a watch if you like that kind of thing.

Miller's Crossing, bit newer but equally good. And Ronin, always Ronin, love the car chases but it's also a really tight movie with a great cast, alll mho of course...

Gazolba

The original "Italian Job" was great. Benny Hill was brilliant in it.
The sewer scenes were shot in Coventry!
Did not like the remake.
Italian-Job-Sewers.jpg

Last edited:

Gazolba

Dirty Harry
<snip>
A couple of my favourite lines "People have a nasty habit of getting dead around you" and "A man's got to know his limitations".

ovduk78

A couple of my favourite lines "People have a nasty habit of getting dead around you" and "A man's got to know his limitations".
The old Indian has some great lines in The Outlaw Josey Wales. "I didn't surrender but they took my horse off me and made him surrender" and in response to Josey saying something like "People never stay around when I get to liking them" he says "I've noticed when you get to disliking folks they ain't around long either"

clint van damme

Build my Gallows High, a.k.a Out of the Past. Classic film noir, Robert Mitchum and Kirk Douglas, worth a watch if you like that kind of thing.

Miller's Crossing, bit newer but equally good. And Ronin, always Ronin, love the car chases but it's also a really tight movie with a great cast, alll mho of course...

great film, love the Coen brothers.

Users who are viewing this thread