Google Chrome (computer) (1 Viewer)

ccfc92

Basically, Chrome keeps crashing, being slow and pop up ads.

Ran my McAfee scan and no viruses etc.

Can't uninstall Chrome, as on task manager it keeps running after ending the task. And control panel tells me to end Chrome as its running before installing.

Any advice would be great, cheers :)

ccfc92

Cheers guys, I've managed to uninstall and reinstall eventually.

McAfee and Malware saying there is nothing on my computer.

Will see how I get on, seems to work for an hour or so, then get worse.... :S

Nick

Administrator
What version of Windows so you have? You can usually tap f8 as it boots and choose safe mode and run it then :)

ccfc92

What version of Windows so you have? You can usually tap f8 as it boots and choose safe mode and run it then :)

8.1 I believe.

Is 10 worth upgrading to now do you think? As it's free? Or probably going to have too many bugs?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Chrome is shite! I checked it out the other night and dumped it!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Confirming what Nick says at post #8, to get rid of “undeletable” files or folders, restart computer in “Safe Mode”.
To do this, as the PC is starting, hit F8 a number of times before the “windows” icon comes up.
When in safe mode, you can then drag the file into the recycle bin. If the files are inside a folder, open the folder and then drag the files into the recycle bin. Restart PC as normal. If the folder is still on the fresh desktop, you should be able to drag into recycle bin now.

ccfc92

I managed to uninstall whilst running a scan, and reinstall, and so far, so good :)

Thanks everyone :)

Personally, I like Chrome (when it works :) ), but seems to be heavily targeted nowadays :(

Users who are viewing this thread